Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wanting new hairstyle

:huh2:Surgery weight 262, weight 4 weeks later at first fill 245.5, feeling like clothes are baggier and fitting into older "skinny" clothes in the closet. Now I am wanting to do more things for myself, like a new hair style. Trying to motivate myself to stay on diets and make better food choices since I don't feel restriction yet with 2cc only in a 10cc band, so thinking that manicure, pedicures, perms, foils, etc are a good plan. Anyone done something new and drastic and regretted it right after?

No, I chopped off my long hair and have loved it ever since. I wanted hair like Rihanna's, lol. And I got it, a lovely concave bob, and it was pure fluke but its the perfect hairstyle for me. I have great shoulders, collarbones, neck and chest, its the best part of my body and to have my hair skimming my collarbones at the front, but not hiding my best features still gives me a feminine length of hair but its also short and funky and in really pleasing proportion to my shape. I wont change it for a long time now and I know I'll never go back to long hair.

I've also gone back to being dark, I had foils for years and now I look at photos and think erk, my hair looks yellow. Now my hair looks shinier and healthier than it has for ages. And I can colour it myself!

Do it, a change is a great thing!

Do it! I chopped mine off, about 12 inches shorter than it was. I too went dark as my natural color is a "dirty blonde". I have gotten so many comments. Everyone says my eyes look stunning, big and blue. With my long hair no one ever noticed my big baby blues. Now they POP! I love my short hair too.

Yes it's a great idea to change your hair. I did it too. I got a much more stylish cut and made my hair much, much lighter brown with lots of golden brown highlights. 10+ years came off of my age in 2 hours when I made this change. What I did was go to

Hairstyles, Celebrity Hair Styles and Haircuts | TheHairStyler.com

You pull all of your hair off of your face and take a picture. Then you upload it to this site and you can try hundreds of hairstyles and colors on your face shape. It is very realistic and helped me find the perfect style and color. I took the picture of "me" to my stylist and had him do the exact same thing. It is reasonable. A 3 month membership is less than $15.

Another thing this site is good for is to help you find the right style. They have sample face shapes to help you determine whether your face shape (from the picture where you have your hair pulled back) is oval, heart-shaped, etc. Then the site recommends hairstyles that are best for your face shape.

I always thought I had a heart-shaped face and found out I had a diamond shaped face. And a diamond shaped face takes a little different ideal hairstyle.

I forgot to add that I am 30 now, I went to a rated 'R" movie over the weekend with my 15 year old niece. When I went to buy the tickets I actually was carded, not kidding! What a confidence boost.

I turned 40 last August 14. I got spring fever last spring and decided to get my hair cut in to a bob which I still have a year later. I really love it because since my face is skinnier, along with neck and shoulders, I gives me a totally different, younger and dare I say, sexier look. I have gotten so many compliments on it too. Then I decided to add some highlights. Started with a brownish color and progressed to more blond highlights.Gave an even more dramatic change. No regrets from me.

sidenote-When I was heavier & had a very fat face, I thought short hair (tapered on sides & back)was the answer. But after recently seeing some old pics of me then, short hair was not the answer for me then.

On 6/29/2008 at 6:11 AM, Totallytater said:

Yes it's a great idea to change your hair. I did it too. I got a much more stylish cut and made my hair much, much lighter brown with lots of golden brown highlights. 10+ years came off of my age in 2 hours when I made this change. What I did was go to

Hairstyles, Celebrity hair Styles and Haircuts | TheHairStyler.com

You pull all of your hair off of your face and take a picture. Then you upload it to this site and you can try hundreds of unprofessional hairstyles and colors on your face shape. It is very realistic and helped me find the perfect style and color. I took the picture of "me" to my stylist and had him do the exact same thing. It is reasonable. A 3 month membership is less than $15.

Another thing this site is good for is to help you find the right style. They have sample face shapes to help you determine whether your face shape (from the picture where you have your hair pulled back) is oval, heart-shaped, etc. Then the site recommends hairstyles that are best for your face shape.

I always thought I had a heart-shaped face and found out I had a diamond shaped face. And a diamond shaped face takes a little different ideal hairstyle.

There are several issues with this information that need to be questioned.

The human face is the golden ratio. Every face has its own hair style. For some people, hair does not suit at all.

As seen in the diagram in the picture, the golden ratio is calculated in this figure.

pEYpOm.jpg