Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

does medicaid pay for lap band (not medicare but medicaid)

Hi, I live in Houston, TX, I am waiting on my card from medicaid. What is my first step? What is it that I need to be approved?

Is there anybody who lives in the Dallas Texas area that knows of any surgeons who accepts medicaid ?.. I am aware that medicaid pays for it and my primary doctor did consider the approval and it being medically necessary ... Now the only problem i'm having is finding the surgeon who accepts medicaid so i can begin the journey .... If anybody knows of any in the dallas texas area please let me know ... Thanks !:blushing:

Texas medicaid will pay for the procedure. Right now they make you go to a diatician for 6 months, a psych evalutation, endoscopy, ekg, and some blood work. The center must also be a Center of Excellence. In San Antonio the Nix Weight Loss Center takes Medicaid!

I have medicaid in GA It is Amerigroup! I am looking to have the lap band done my BMI is 45 and i am 25 yrs old! I need to know about surgeons and how to get approve Please help if you have any knowledge!

Hello I have heard that peachtree bariatrics of Atlanta accepts medicaid. I'm not sure if they accept all types of medicaid. I am attending their seminar tommorrow.

hey my name is stephanie and i wanted to know if medicaid pays for da surgery im in elmhurst queens ny im 5'5 and 245lbs..and im 21 yrs old ...i really need this after i had my first baby i just kept gaining weight after that...

Hello, I completely understand, I gained alot of weight after I had twins. Its really frustrating. Yes, medicaid does cover it, but not all types of medicaid. You should call your medicaid provider and ask them. Goodluck! :)

Hello, I completely understand, I gained alot of weight after I had twins. Its really frustrating. Yes, medicaid does cover it, but not all types of medicaid. You should call your medicaid provider and ask them. Goodluck! :thumbup:

DO you know which plans they cover in GA? I have AmeriGroup??? Thanks

I am in chicago and i was approved in 1 week also. however, i had to go to meetings at the hospital for 3 months before medicaid would pay for it. surgery mercy hospital in chicago

Congratulations! How long have you been banded? or are you? How is it going? I went to a seminar and turned my packet in, now I have to get my clearances. I hope it goes well.:thumbup:

I have a bmi of 31 I have medicare and medicaid. What do I need to do to get the proccess started?

Hi how long did it take for you to be approved thru medicaid? I am schedule for my consultation with the surgeon. I found a doctor SSM Depaul hospital in Fenton MO. They submited to my insurance company. I am waiting for the consultation. I hope to be approval hopefully March or April.

I am 34 and I live in fort worth texas. I currently get (SSI) medicaid and I am low income. I weight 353 pounds and I am 5'3. Friday I am going to have a sleep study done to see if i have sleep apena. Do you think I can get LAP-BAND® surgery after my sleep study is this something to mention to my doctor. My doctor already told me I am overweight and I need to see a dietician and have the sleepp study? Is this some of the things you had to do to get approved?