Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Fill Doctors in Chicagoland Area....

Views
Started by BEAUTYOVERLOOKD, Apr 28, 2008 7:52 PM
25 replies to this topic
25 replies to this topic

BEAUTYOVERLOOKD

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted April 28, 2008 - 7:52 PM

:sad:Hi Everyone!!

I live in Chicago and am looking for a follow-up and fill doctor that accepts medicaid (public aid). Does anyone know of any good doctors in my area that do? Do you know of any inexpensive fill centers? I had the surgery at Mercy hospital in February of this year. I have had one fill of 4cc's in a 8cc standard band and can still eat almost as much as before (although I don't understand why because I have had a fill). I am loosing about 1 pound a week, but I am working out 1 hour a day, 6 days a week and starving myself so that I wont overeat in an effort to drop the weight. I need a doctor who is ALOT more aggressive and doesn't judge their patients as a group. Everyone in my group is having the same issues with the program, we need fills. The doctors at Mercy need the "numbers" to keep their program going and I think this may be why the doctors are not as aggressive about the adjustments so that we will have to keep coming back. I dont really know what is going on. I don't want to become discouraged, I'm so hungry all the time. Please help....

You guys are really great here, love ya....

sadie77

Intermediate Member

Posted April 28, 2008 - 8:19 PM

Hi! My Dr is in Chicago at Mercy Hospital. His name is Dr. Lutfi. He accepts medical card but Im not sure how they deal with people who are already banded. I would contact Mercy Hospitals Bariatric Center and ask them any questions you may have. Good luck!
  • etefuscurge likes this

BEAUTYOVERLOOKD

Posted April 28, 2008 - 8:53 PM

Thanks, but I want to leave the Mercy program. I don't want to discourage you, but their program is not for me.

redrum602

Posted April 29, 2008 - 10:33 PM

I have had 2 dr's in the Chicago area in the last 7 months (since I have moved here). My previous Dr was Dr Vafa Shayani from Day One Health (Chicago Lap-Band Surgery at DayOne - Homepage). I had to leave him because he was no longer covered by my United Healthcare insurance. I am not sure what other plans they take. I would suggest calling them.

My new doctor is Dr Ervin Denham from Evanston Northwestern Hospital. Again, I am not sure what insurance he takes, but his assistant had mentioned to me something about a fill clinic she runs outside of office hours. I think it might be for something like what you are looking for. I will PM you her contact information.... maybe she can help you, or at least point you in the right direction.

Melodyann

Novice

Posted May 15, 2008 - 11:28 AM

Try Sychrony Health in Oak Brook. Fills are $95.

brattyone808

Ready for a new me ......

Posted May 15, 2008 - 11:57 AM

beautyoverlookd,I would also suggest trying Synchrony health in OakBrook,il. I had my surgery done there by Dr. Brad Watkins and the staff there is wonderful, caring and very patient and understanding , I know you will be pleased with all of them, and fills are just 95.00 from what I've seen and heard on this site that is a steal of a deal on fills, plus as I said earlier they are outstanding all the way around and that's very hard to find these days, their # is 630-990-2440, hope this helps you.

rdidiana

Posted July 30, 2008 - 1:17 PM

Thanks for the information. I too have had such difficulty finding someone to do my fills, since I lost my insurance, at a reasonable cost. Just spoke with their office and they have accommodated me. Thanks. Will post after fill.

maguirre67

Guru in Training

Posted July 31, 2008 - 2:45 PM

you just want a quick fix 4 lbs a month is deceit mercy is the best

Dolittle

Intermediate Member

Posted January 5, 2009 - 7:25 AM

I've used Sychrony Health in Oak Brook. They even take Mexican banded patients. Which is really great. Fills are only $95. They did a great job, I'll be going back to them for my next fill

Dolittle

Intermediate Member

Posted January 10, 2009 - 4:19 PM

I just got back from Synchrony Health. This was the second time I've been there for a band adjustment. I can say that they do a damn good job. I can't say enough to you fellow Chicago area, Eastern Illinois and Western Indiana and Southeast Wisconsin Bandsters that this is the place to go to. As usual,, Dr. Watkins, Karen and Melody and the rest of the staff are the "BEST"!
Give them a call, 630-990-2440

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Featured Surgeons

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Trending Topics

Topics with No Reply