Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Skin Fold Rash

:cursing:OK...TMI. :tongue2:..but I keep having an issue with the rash where my skin is touching like under my apron area... and under my breasts...UGH!!!

I have tried like everything....it goes away then comes back in no time...I even took a diflucan pill last week which helped...sprayed tinactin and used powders and like diaper rash stuff...it keeps coming back!!

And it is tender.....any great ideas?:w00t:

THANK YOU!!!

Have you tried using antiperspirant there?

Also, we have this cream called NEAT here in Australia, perhaps its available there, it is pretty much an anti perspirant cream, and it really used to work between my fat thighs.

If you have good insurance that might pay for plastic surgery in the future, I would go to the doctor to get the rash documented.

My insurance will pay for plastic surgery of skin folds if it causes rashes. :w00t:

I had a similar issue where OTC stuff helped for a while and then it came back. I went to DR and he gave a prescription. It may be a fungus (sounds realy bad but that is what causes many rashes) and the script cured it right away and it has not come back.

I also heard that this type of issue may help w/PS so definately get it documented in your record to help with any pre-auth issues if you are thinking about it.

Good Luck.

Definitely go for documentation! Until then....have you tried...Aquaphor by Eucerin or Burt's Bees Diaper Ointment or Desitin? My doctor told me on skin fold rashes - always wet instead of dry - meaning an ointment is better than a powder.

amsderb,

For the apron, I actually use a tube sock. It is the perfect length and you just lay it right in the crease. It stays put until you take it out. Seems silly, I know, but all these other things can get costly over time. I honestly never get a rash unless the sock shifts and I don't know it. I like the sound of the liquid baby powder, though! Good luck!

Hello-I too would try the anti-perspirant-has always worked like a charm for me. And if it does work for you, don't wait until you get a rash next time, go ahead and start using it in your problem areas every day. Best wishes.

Hello! I just posed a reply on a different thread about this same thing! I am not banded yet, but have had this problem for years. The best (only) thing that I have found to work is Lotrimin. I just clean and dry the area, apply a thin layer, and most times it clears up overnight. I discovered this when Lotrimin was the only thing that cleared up my son's infrequent diaper rash. Hope this helps!

Thank you everyone!!! What an issue to have...I have had it over the years but lately it is just horrible...even with preventative sprays and creams...I use like athletes foot spray, powders...everything!!!!

I just went and bought monistat cream and soothed it then topped it with a medicated corn starch powder...UGH!!

I will definitely get it documented...in fact it was in my problems for getting the surgery!!

My doc says as my sugars get better that it might help??? I hve been pretty good with my pre-op diet so who knows...

I'll have to try the tube sock idea...gosh, I need them under my bra too! TMI LOL...

Thanks again!!!

:smile2:

Have you tried using antiperspirant there?

Also, we have this cream called NEAT here in Australia, perhaps its available there, it is pretty much an anti perspirant cream, and it really used to work between my fat thighs.

:rolleyes:Thanks....I'll have to look for that cream...or on the internet maybe....I swear, with as many people that battle this you'd think they'd have a sure cure!

TTFN!:biggrin:

Hello! I just posed a reply on a different thread about this same thing! I am not banded yet, but have had this problem for years. The best (only) thing that I have found to work is Lotrimin. I just clean and dry the area, apply a thin layer, and most times it clears up overnight. I discovered this when Lotrimin was the only thing that cleared up my son's infrequent diaper rash. Hope this helps!

:thumbup:Welcome...good luck on your seminar! Cute ticker by the way!:smile2:

First, don't use any cornstarch. You'll be feeding any yeast that's growing there. Literally.

Second, take pictures and get it documented by your PCP. If you ever plan on wanting plastic surgery down the road, rashes will qualify you as 'medical necessity' and insurance may pay for Tummy Tuck and breast reduction/lift (do searches in the plastic surgery forum for more on that).

Third, the diflucan pills should help, but you will also need a topical cream. You need to first wash the skin, then pat it dry. After that, dry it with your hairdryer on a cool setting. I know. Sounds ridiculous, but it's imperative that there's no moisture left. After that, you can put Lotrimin cream (either the stuff for vaginal yeast infections or for jock itch - same stuff different marketing - just Gyne in front of the former) on the rash.

The best thing you can do is expose the skin to air. If you are able to lay down, maybe under a ceiling fan, it would help.

In the mean time, if you need to, you can cut up old t-shirts and put a layer of the soft cotton in between the layers of skin to absorb perspiration. Once the rash is under control, a great powder to use is Z-sorb. It's in the foot section (where they sell the Dr. Scholls stuff) of the pharmacy. It's not the greatest smelling stuff, but it's probably the best working stuff I've ever come across. It's got one peculiar side effect in that it absorbs so much that it tends to become a little granular by the end of the day. Not so much that it's painful, but enough that it's slightly noticeable.

Oh, and as far as any sort of cream, Monistat sells a chafing cream that starts out as a cream and turns into a powder. You can also buy stuff called Body Glide that's used by runners. I found it on drugstore.com.

Sorry for the scribe, but I, uh, have a bit of experience with this. :smile2:

-m

Edited by dancinglamb

Danciglamb,

You are right ...WITH YOUR TX ....It is a fungal rash...

Your isurance will definatly cover a tummy tuck...with those issuesMy ried had MGB and 1 year later needed a Tummy Tuck d/t extra ski ad the fungal rashes... Good luck ....