Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are your non-scale-related goals?

What are your short-term goals after banding that aren't related to the number on the scale? Mine are:

1) Get off of insulin shots. Besides being a big pain, taking insulin has made me gain a whole bunch of weight. I think if I can get off the insulin, it will really help me lose weight a bit faster.

2) Be able to wear my wedding/engagement rings again. I haven't been able to wear them in about a year because my fingers are so swollen.

3) Not constantly think about food.< /span> I can not drive past a fast food restaurant without fighting with myself about eating something. It doesn't matter if I am hungry (and I usually am), I always want to eat.

I have lots of more long-term goals of course, but I am hoping to accomplish these three goals within a few months.

Mine is to be able to play with my two year old without getting tired so fast. She loves to play and she gets sad when I ask her to sit down because I'm out of breath then I feel bad because she doesn't understand what's going on she just wants to play with her mommy. Oh also I want to be able to fit in the seats of the rides at the amusement parks. Last year I was so depressed I my whole family was riding roller coasters and I was just standing on the sides pretending to have to good time.

Edited by tyme4change
wanted to add more

I like the idea and I think I will put a few together for myself. I truly know what you mean about the wedding ring. I had to do two weeks of liquids prior to surgery then liquids for another four weeks and was banded on 3/17/08. I am happy to report this week 3/28/08 was the first time in almost a year I can put the ring on without the swelling. I think I will set a goal of wearing my old clothes size 22.

Edited by sisterc
forgot something

To keep up with my two, young daughters! That's the biggest goal. I just want to run, swim, ride bikes and whatever else they come up with!

Other goals are less "serious" so to speak! In high school I had a cheap Bracelet that was suppose to fit around my wrist, but I was so tiny back then that I always pushed it up around my upper arm. I want to do that again!

This next one involves DH...After I hit goal and have a tummy tuck...I want the two of us to go to some exotic beach where I can lay around all day in a bikini! LOL I'm sure he would like that too!

Edited by Jo Skinnie
typo! oops...

1) To get off blood pressure medicine.

2) Play with my grandchildren and not get winded and tired.

3) To purchase a normal size Bracelet.< /p>

4) Not be embarressed to walk into a room and have to crawl over people to get into a seat.

5) Of course, a nicer wardrobe of clothes.

to get off at least half of my 7 prescriptions, slide into an Applebee's booth and not have table stuck in gut, buy clothes from a non-plus size store, feel better around my very patient husband.....those are my top 4

I want to ride horses again.

I want to shop in the regular size department.

I want to not feel bad when I look in the mirror.

I want to stop taking blood pressure medicine.

Wow - I could keep going and going and going lol

I have another one, when my husband tells me I'm sexy I wanna see what he sees, and I want to feel sexy when we are being intimate together and not worry about if he's looking at my extra rolls LOL.......

The wedding ring is a big one. I've not been able to wear mine since 1999. I just keep telling myself "don't get it enlarged, you're going to lose weight!"

Swimming. I know I can swim now, but trust me, NO ONE wants to see me in a Speedo and after 10 years of competitive swimming that's all I'm used to wearing.

Overalls. I want to wear them because I LOVE them, not because they hide the belly.

Great topic!

I'd like to go to my 14 yr old's baseball games and not be the biggest mom there anymore.

I'd like to play with my 2 year old and when he's napping not nap too.

I'd like to wear my old clothes and I won't even care that they're years out of style! lol

I'd like to not hide my booty but show it off.

I'd like to flirt once again and not look like an idiot. ie: more self-confidence

Hmmm.... such a thought-provoking topic...

To shop at a non plus size store

To sit at a booth without worrying if I will fit

To wrap a towel around myself and have it fit

To get off pain meds for my spine

To not always be the largest person in my group of friends

To be able to cross my legs like a lady :thumbup:

To FEEL HEALTHY

I will have to keep thinking about more goals like this because I think they will really help me along the road. I am not wanting to get caught up on numbers on the scale, but to see how my body and life as a whole are changing.