Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yesh Can Yisraelim?

If there are Israelis here (either in Israel or anywhere else), don't be shy - there are at least two of us here already! Chag Purim Sameach, let's all stay away from Oznei Haman together, b'seder?

Yes, there are a few Israelis on this forum! I'm a new Israeli addition to this forum.

How are you doing?

:wub:

untitled.JPG.jpg?imgmax=512

Edited by bandpal

Hi there!

My name is Susannah ( Shoshana) and I am Jewish although I cannot speak Hebrew. Typical diaspora Jew!:wub:

Chag Purim Sameach.

I was banded in February 2007 and have now lost over 50 kgs.

I live in Australia.

Shosh

Hey Susannah/Shoshana - hope you had a happy Purim down under!

Congrats on your weight loss. Have you ever been to Israel before? Where are you from in Australia? We get groups of students on gap year programs (AUJS and IBC) visiting us on our kibbutz during the winter. It's always fun to have Aussies here. All the best, stay in touch.

Hi Bandpal,

Thank you for replying so quickly!! WOW :-)

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling well and losing weight 4 months into the banding process.

I also underwent revision surgery at Assuta Hospital in TA a couple of days ago. Dr. Subhi Abu Abeid banded me and treated my hiatal hernia. Am still a bit sore but am not taking anything because it is bearable. I live in Kiryat Bialik, north of Haifa.

I also visited and joined the tapuz forum but find this site more informative and feel more comfy in my mother tongue, English. In any case, do keep in touch. Will be glad to trade recipes, share experiences and to support of course.

Best,

Nava

Hi David!

You look great in that picture. I've lost 34 lbs. You men always lose faster. Ze lo fair!

Let me know what you are eating. I'm finally having my oatmeal after a week of Pesach. No matzah for me. One matzah balll did it and never again!

Shalom,

Bella.

Hey Bella,

Great to hear from you again! Men lose faster but women live longer, so all in all, sounds like a fair trade-off to me. Congratulations on your weight loss. I stayed away from matzah balls this Pesach, but had a nasty encounter with a Macaroon. We won't be going there again anytime soon. Take care, stay in touch...

Hi Everyone,

I have my first consultation on Sept 1st at Ichilov. I have no idea who the doctor is. Has anyone had their lapband procedure there? My kupat holim is Meuchedet.

Thanks,

Michelle

untitled.JPG.jpg?imgmax=512

I was so excited to see that I understood this- I guess studying in Israel does help. im studying abroad finishing my college degree and going back to the US to be banded- I looked into the surgeons here but they have much less experience... I tried to google people in Israel undergoing lap band and how surprising to find it on the very forum I am already a part of... My big question is- what did all of you guys drink for the 2 weeks before?

Halachti LTel Aviv Vmatzati Rock Hashetiyot LMeatzvei Guf...

I want something good and Protein filled...

Also which dr is considered best here in case of emergency?

If there are Israelis here (either in Israel or anywhere else), don't be shy - there are at least two of us here already! Chag Purim Sameach, let's all stay away from Oznei Haman together, b'seder?

I start liquids the day after Purim so I can still eat them!!!

Hi Bandpal,

Thank you for replying so quickly!! WOW :-)

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling well and losing weight 4 months into the banding process.

I also underwent revision surgery at Assuta Hospital in TA a couple of days ago. Dr. Subhi Abu Abeid banded me and treated my hiatal hernia. Am still a bit sore but am not taking anything because it is bearable. I live in Kiryat Bialik, north of Haifa.

I also visited and joined the tapuz forum but find this site more informative and feel more comfy in my mother tongue, English. In any case, do keep in touch. Will be glad to trade recipes, share experiences and to support of course.

Best,

Nava

were you happy with him?

Shalom!

I was banded in Hadassah hospital July 2010. Two months later, I've lost close to three kilos, but I put ON weight over Rosh Hashana. That really shocked me. I was eating less, but more sweet stuff. I don't imagine Yom Kippur will be much of a challenge!