Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Central Illinois Peoria-Bloomington Area

Views
Started by Kristin1031, Feb 24, 2008 9:30 AM
112 replies to this topic
112 replies to this topic

sadie77

Intermediate Member

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted April 17, 2009 - 3:34 PM

Anyone from this group still meeting? I live in Toulon and I'm looking for a support group...

Thor

Posted May 27, 2009 - 9:33 PM

Carol is this really you I have been looking for you for the past couple months, Hope this finds you well, I have really been struggling,and I get real discouraged real easy. Thor, (Becky )

Thor

Posted May 27, 2009 - 9:38 PM

Dawn lets get Carol and meet for coffee or something, this has been a real struggleing year for me. still having much trouble.Just can't eat and drink all they want me to, I think I could go on a liquid diet and be just fine, but my nut doesn't like that idea at all. get back to me, I feel like a kid in the candy store now that I have found u 2 again, I just left Carol a note too. Sure have missed talking with you. God Bless Thor (becky)

illinoishusker

Smashing Pumpkinster

Posted June 15, 2009 - 7:30 AM

Hey Amber,

That is where I had my surgery and it went really well. It's an older hospital and that surprised me, but it went well and fast. Don't use the bathroom when you get there, cause they will need to do a urinalysis thing, I learned that lesson the hard way.

It's also outpatient, so be prepared for being surrounded by other people afterwards.

Feel free to ask me any questions if you have any! Good luck!

Steaux

Intermediate Member

• Surgery Date: Jul 2009
  • Starting Weight: 385 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 115 lbs
  • Current Weight: 270 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 220 lbs
Posted August 3, 2009 - 1:58 AM

Looks like this thread dying off (not many posts recently) I live in Peoria. I was just banded on July 31st and would like some local contacts with people that have the band. I have read a ton on the forum but not all can be expained like in person. Anyone still meeting or talking?

smfulton

Novice

• Surgeon: Thomas Rossi
  • Height: 5 feet 7 inches
  • Current Weight: 280
  • BMI: 43.8
Posted December 26, 2010 - 1:15 PM

It looks like Tuesdays might be a good day, now, how about the first Tuesday of each month, starting with April? I ask Dawnstunes to check with Dennys in Normal about just using their back room, hope she will check on that. The first meeting could be April 1st, thats the first Tuesday of April. we could at least start out then and once we meet we could change things ,times, dates, so forth as we needed too.This get together doesn't have to be a long get together, eat alittle something and share our thoughts.We all work I'm sure so none of us want to be out to late, I would be driving about 20miles one way..

leilaniessence

Novice

• Surgeon: Milton Owens
  • Surgery Date: Jun 2011
  • Height: 5 feet 3 inches
  • Starting Weight: 244
  • Weight Lost: 20
  • Current Weight: 224
  • Goal Weight: 115
  • BMI: 39.7
Posted June 23, 2011 - 10:28 PM

*Bump*

I'm in Peoria! Any others around? Let's get this thread started up again!

summer83

Novice

• Surgery Date: Jun 2010
  • Height: 5 feet 8 inches
  • Starting Weight: 315 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 95 lbs
  • Current Weight: 220 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 164 lbs
  • BMI: 33.4
Posted July 1, 2011 - 1:02 PM

Hi, all. I had my surgery done in my home country, Kuwait, 2 years ago and I've just moved to Normal, IL to do my Ph.D at Illinois State. I'm looking for a doctor who will do fills for me even though I had my surgery done elsewhere. Does anyone know of a doctor around here who might do that? I'm going to call around, but I thought asking about on here would be helpful too. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm ravenous, feeling barely restricted, and really need a fill.

Midwest Carol

Posted July 1, 2011 - 1:17 PM

My surgeon was Sidney Rohrscheib. He has an office in Clinton and in Champaign. His number is (866) 622-9222. I would hope that he could do a fill for you since your surgery was done in Kuwait. Good Luck!

Hi, all. I had my surgery done in my home country, Kuwait, 2 years ago and I've just moved to Normal, IL to do my Ph.D at Illinois State. I'm looking for a doctor who will do fills for me even though I had my surgery done elsewhere. Does anyone know of a doctor around here who might do that? I'm going to call around, but I thought asking about on here would be helpful too. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm ravenous, feeling barely restricted, and really need a fill.

Midwest Carol

Posted July 1, 2011 - 1:17 PM

My surgeon was Sidney Rohrscheib. He has an office in Clinton and in Champaign. His number is (866) 622-9222. I would hope that he could do a fill for you since your surgery was done in Kuwait. Good Luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Featured Surgeons

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Trending Topics

Topics with No Reply