Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Central Illinois Peoria-Bloomington Area

Congratulations Kristin. I can't believe you are doing so well without a fill. That would be great. I'm worried about the Bander Hell everyone talks about where they have the band but starve until they get their first fill. Today I started my two week pre-op diet! This is so exciting. Can't wait until surgery.

I am going to try to meet up with the people in Bloomington on April 1 if I feel ok. I know exactly where you work. I have noticed that building when I have crossed the river. If there is anyone else in your area, maybe we could meet up in Peoria. I'm retired, so I could drive up for a lunch during the week.

That would be great Carol...anytime just let me know when you are coming. I love the Riverplex it has been a huge help in my weightloss success. I believe that activity is truly the key in this whole process.

Good luck on your date I am sure all will go well.

As for me not having a fill I can honestly tell you that I have no hunger, and have had no hunger since my surgery. I believe alot of what people think is hunger is not, it is head hunger or dehydration from not drinking enough Water. Getting enough Water in the very beginning is so hard because of all the swelling all I can say is you will be sipping constantly while you are awake and when you think you can sip no more keep on sipping.....LOL

Hi guys, yes I will go to the Bloomington get together, April 1st hope to see you there, Kristine what days are good for you, would love to have you to be able to meet with us too, that first get together is really to see what will be good for everyone,In Christian LOve and Respect. See ya the ist... Becky

We could meet somewhere in Morton that would be awesome for me, I could do it after I work out then anynight during the week except for nights that I have my own group meetings here.

Anytime after 6pm would work for me since I work fulltime!!

Just let me know!! I would love it as well!!

Had my 2nd fill this afternoon. Went okay, Dr sid did it today, my first was done by the PA, she does a more gentle job, you know how men are, get it done and over, move on to the next, now I have about 3.5 cc. hope this makes some difference. go back on April 10th. Don't for get you all April 1st Dennys at 6:30 yellow sweat shirts, or something yellow. See you all there......Becky

Hope your fill helps. I'm going to hope that I get the P.A. for mine. Planning to come to Bloomington on the 1st. In fact, I drove through Bloomington this week on my way to Chicago and saw the Denny's we are going to. I have one yellow t-shirt, and it will just have to do. Don't plan on buying any clothes right now. I should be able to shop in my closet for a few months.

LOL Carol I have been shopping alot in my closet. I still have tons of size 18 and 16 and 14 that I am eyeing, I will be in them soon I hope. It seems to be teasing me right now, I am nearly there, but not quite...LOL

Hello,

Today, while searching information I stumbled upon this forum and thought I'd like to ask a few questions. I'm seriously thinking about going for the informational meeting they are having on April 7th but I've got a few questions that I'm hoping anyone could help me on. With my being an office manager and working full time what is the normal down time after having this procedure done? How do insurance companies feel about this procedure and how many support groups are there around Central Illinois. I'm currently living in the East Peoria area but I think I'd feel a great need for support. I'm concerned a bit on what I've read on the fills and this has kinda scared me I'll have to admit. How severe if any is the pain involved?

Thank you so much for any information that your willing to share and congrats on your weight loss that's fantastic!!!:wub:

Next week I may be able to answer some of your questions. I am having my surgery on Wednesday. It is definitely worth going to the informational meeting if you are at all interested. I went to the Illinois Bariatric Center Seminar held in Springfield. It only lasted 1 - 1 1/2 hours and gave us all kinds of information. There is no pressure whatsoever.

There are so many nice people on this forum who are willing to answer our questions. There seems to be quite a few in the Peoria, Bloomington, Champaign and even a few in the Springfield area. In fact, next Tuesday at 6:30 a group is meeting at Denny's in Normal. If I am up to it, I plan to go. Check the Bloomington thread on this.

Please come this is a new group first meeting, and hope it will grow into a special group making a very special Journey as MidWest Carol said will meet at 6:30 at Dennys in Normal. we will be wearing yellow shirts, blouses, sweatshirts, just something yellow since none of us have met before. I was banded Jan.25,2008, in Clinton, John Warner Hospital, can't say enough good about the staff at the hospital and Dr. Sids office. I live between Tremont and Danvers. Money played a big part in the reason I sent to Dr. Sid as well as a few other things. If you can come join us at Dennys, we hope to be a angel to each other, Many Blessings in Christian Love and Support, Becky

Carol are you having your surg. at John Warner? if so,ask for Diane Lamkin she is one of the nurses that usually takes care of Dr. Sids band pts. tell her Becky from Mackinaw says Hi. she is a doll. and will give you the best care ever.....