Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Central Illinois Peoria-Bloomington Area

Are there any bandsters from my area? Looking to meat some folks from my neck of the woods on here. We have a great local support group that meets monthly. But I would like to have the same support on here from locals.....LOL

I am in Peoria.

Hi Kristin-

I was born and raised in Peoria, but moved to the Springfield area in the early 70's. When and where did you have your lap band? I'm scheduled for March 26 and getting really excited.

Carol

I am in galesburg I go to peoria at least once a month it seems like. I was banded 12/19/07. I just turned 40 last wk so around the same age.

Oh and good luck Carol I sure you will do just fine.

Hi. I live on the other side of Morton, was banded January 25, have had some problems, but I am getting there, have not had a fill yet first fill is March13th, have lost about 15 pounds, and now at a stand still. Looking forward to that day, have no restriction at all, maybe we can get together sometime for lunch.:thumbup:Becky

I do get to Peoria sometimes, and would love to meet for lunch after I am banded and can eat again. When you say you have "no restriction at all", does that mean you are hungry all the time? How much can you eat? My doctor said that my first fill would be about six weeks after the surgery. Did you have your surgery in Peoria?

Thor-

I was just on the Champaign thread and realized that we have the same doctor. I go to Clinton to meet with him, but my surgery will be in Champaign because of the Blis program.

you'll love the Dr, and his staff, but as far as seeing him I have talked to 2 times, first time was the first interview, and 2nd was the day of surg. for about 10 min. then when I went back for my 2 week check up I saw his PA. The PA will do the fills also. I have my first fill March 13th. can't wait..:biggrin:Becky

no restriction means, I could proably eat till the cows come home and not even know how much I have taken in, thats why I am so looking forward to my fill, and then they say it takes at least 3 fills before you really can tell. Thats why I am getting impatient.

I had my surgery in Galesburg they just started doing it here in town in June 07 I think it was.My dr. did his inturnship at Peoria though. I have had 3 fills trying to decide to get another one or not my free fills run out in about 16 days I have 3cc in a 10 cc band right now. My acid reflux was terrible for about 2 wks after my last fill of 1.5cc so trying to get it under control again but no real complications:-) I am down to a size 16 jean from a 24 my top half isn't coming off that fast still wearing my 2x tops for the most part don't like my flap blulging out lol. I wrote your name down next time I know I am coming to Peoria I will PM you if that is ok with you.

Just got back from my pre-op physical and made arrangements for my x-ray, EKG and blood tests. Only four weeks out now and so very excited! Just had to tell someone. Other people just don't understand what this means - so I am sharing with my new banded friends.:smile2:

I live just west of Bloomington about 12 miles and would love to meet some folks who would like to have a Bloomington group. There is a support system for Bariatric patients in the Bloomington area but it is made up of mostly all bypass patients, similar, but it is still apples and oranges.

has there ever been a group set up for lap bands I'm a new lap band and need some support? I live in Mackinaw, could go to Clinton but thats about an 90 min drive. and your right the one in Bloomington is mainly bypass, I know there is one in Peoria, but I hear if you don't have your work done by those Drs, they are not real receptive, but thats just hear say, have never gone so I personally don't know!!! Pleaase let me know I am very interested. thanks Becky:wink_smile:

I am getting banded on March 26 and would love to meet up to share experiences and concerns. So far I haven't found anyone in the Springfield area. When I asked about a support group at the Illinois Bariatric Center, they said the best way to meet up with people is in their waiting room. Unfortunately, when I was there this week for my pre-op, only one person was there and she was just going through her approval process. I would be willing to travel to Peoria, Lincoln or even Bloomington to meet up with some of you.