Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Users-Banded a year or more

Hi all,

Talking about loosing slow........I am the poster child. I have finally hit the 100+ mark for weight loss and am finally in onederland for the first time in 20+ years. It only took 2 years. Now I need to keep going and finish the job.

You may think of yourself as a slow loser LOL; congratulations on breaking the 100. I was banded Feb. 0l/07 and am only in the 93 lb range. Seems like a lifetime, but when I look back and see what has been accomplished, slow or fast the rewards are worth it.:biggrin:

Seems like no one has posted on here for a long time.I am 18 months post-op and have come to a halt on weight loss.I know this is my own fault as I have become comfortable where I am.it is my intention to reach goal this year .I refuse to give up! Let's help each other get back on track :ohmy:Remember"slow and steady wins the race!Laura

Hi Laura,

I'm with you!

You may think of yourself as a slow loser LOL; congratulations on breaking the 100. I was banded Feb. 0l/07 and am only in the 93 lb range. Seems like a lifetime, but when I look back and see what has been accomplished, slow or fast the rewards are worth it.:)

Hey,all.I must jump in here.I don't post much.first of all congratulations to all who have lost weight ,whether it be slow or not.What's wrong with slow and steady?So,we hit a few plateaus along the way.I never thought this would be a quick fix. everday is a learning process.What can I tolerate,how much fill,how many calories.....Please ,can we all just relax and let the band help us control ourselves and not get so caught up in how fast we lose weight??Thanks for letting me vent,LOl,L

Hey,all.I must jump in here.I don't post much.first of all congratulations to all who have lost weight ,whether it be slow or not.What's wrong with slow and steady?So,we hit a few plateaus along the way.I never thought this would be a quick fix. everday is a learning process.What can I tolerate,how much fill,how many calories.....Please ,can we all just relax and let the band help us control ourselves and not get so caught up in how fast we lose weight??Thanks for letting me vent,LOl,L

Vent all you like, that is what support is all about. As for me I am one PROUD MAMA. I am so proud that I have been losing weight for 3 years now, sometimes as little as .l9 lbs even had a gain last year. Before the band I lasted 3 weeks max except for 3 times where I lost around 100 lbs only to put it back on. So 3 years with a steady decline- it is mind boggling.

Slow losers out there take pride in the fact you are losing.

:):thumbup::w00t::thumbup:

Thanx.Maybe us slow losers can get some pointers from each other.Is there anyone who was slow and got it together and started losing steady again??? Give us your input.let's help each other!!!L.

Thanx.Maybe us slow losers can get some pointers from each other.Is there anyone who was slow and got it together and started losing steady again??? Give us your input.let's help each other!!!L.

I was feeling so good about myself last July to Dec. that I simply stopped beinh interested in losing weight. When I gained back 3 lbs, I really got nervous.

I took stock in what I was doing and what I used to do. I started weighing in every Saturday morning and marking the weight on the calendar. I also give myself a smiley face if I exercised so when I look at the calendar, and see blank spaces I know I am faultering in exercise. At weigh in time if I lose I Put a Large Smiley on the calendar. The hubby now takes active part in seeing that I get my smiley.

Another thing I restarted was keeping track of every calories including the Snacks. Honesty was and is hard but I realized if I cheat, the scales will show it.

Since January, I have lost 1.5 lbs per week.

I guess as I beat my own drum, I am suggesting to you to go back to basics. Read you manual or literature from your clinic/doctor and pretend you just got the band. Do what you did to make you successful. Let us know how you do.

Hey guys,

Nice to hear from slow losers. I am 15 months out and I have only lost 55 lbs. It has been a long slow journey but I would not change it for anything. I know I need to work out more and sometimes I don’t even have an excuse I just get lazy and need motivation. My goal is to lose 100 lbs. I am 4’ll and I started at 250 and am now 195. I have gone from a size 22 to a 14. I love it but really need to improve on my eating and exercise habits. Glad to know there are others that can relate. I am just not disciplined at all and am trying to work on that.

:o

Hey guys,

Nice to hear from slow losers. I am 15 months out and I have only lost 55 lbs. It has been a long slow journey but I would not change it for anything. I know I need to work out more and sometimes I don’t even have an excuse I just get lazy and need motivation. My goal is to lose 100 lbs. I am 4’ll and I started at 250 and am now 195. I have gone from a size 22 to a 14. I love it but really need to improve on my eating and exercise habits. Glad to know there are others that can relate. I am just not disciplined at all and am trying to work on that.

:o

congratulations on your success. I really like your optimism and desire to improve. The one most thing we can be proud about is no matter how many mistakes we make along the way or success, we need to look at where we can improve BUT don't forget to give your self a pat on the back. Good going, can't wait until I see the post of your goal being reached. :thumbup:

I'm down 84 lbs my goal is 6lbs away and its the hardest to get to. I work out 4 days a week with 3 day of 1 hour cardio. Had 2 adjustments and don't see the need for another when i'm so close. Was banded on feb 2 2009

Just not motivated anymore....

Hi everyone. My peak weight was 260 and I am now hovering between 154-159. I walk 5x/week to the office (15 blocks each way). So, at least I'm getting in my exercise. I would like to lose at least 20 more pounds, but I am so unmotivated. I can only eat a few bites during the day because the band is so tight in the morning. My doctor said this is fine. But

most of my eating is done at night. I'm considering another fill so the night eating won't be so extreme. I'm currently at 7.5 in a 10cc band.

my opinion only,but I don't think another fill to compensate for evening eating is going to do the trick. Most people are tight in the morning and as evening approaches, most are able to eat. Eating after the dinner hour is usually caused by boredom, watching TV, etc. During the day your mind is caught up in the daily efforts but when you sit down in the evening to relax - food is the comfort food.

I would suggest you track what you are eating, when and how you are feeling at the time. I think you will find that your choices are not of the best choices available to you. Also, eating after the dinner hour invites reflux which can be devastating.I am a slow loser, and the evening are when I cannot eat but I tend to eat more at 3:00 pm. The only way I beat my bad eating habits is to track daily. It is startling to see in black and white what I have eaten and how bad my choices have been. My mind may lie to me, but the tracking does not (if one is honest). Hope my suggestions might help a bit.

Hi I thought I would join this thread too. I was banded 14 months ago and am down 36# from my weight the day of surgery (I lost 44# pre-surgery).

I hate looking at my week-by-week journal and seeing myself basically exactly where I was last year. But I'm making the best of things and re-motivating after a summer of basically giving up. I saw a gain of 16# from my lowest point as a result of slacking, but that is MUCH better than the typical gain I would have had pre-band. I've taken back off 5# of that in the last few weeks, so that's something.

I think the band will make an awesome maintenance tool for me someday, but it certainly isn't what I had hoped for as a weight loss tool.

Following that "hard protein" rule, even in my mostly-unfilled band, leads to stuck pain, sliming, and vomiting, so matter how small my bites are or how much I chew. So I'm working around that the best way I can with fat-free sour cream, salsa, etc, as lubricants but it's a real trial --- especially as I LOVE the healthy high-protein sources I'm supposed to be eating.

I'll get there, eventually, but in some ways it's harder than it was before being banded. At least I have this tool that does keep me from quantity binging, and that's a very good thing. :)