Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the 9/05 people?

Where are you all?

Whats been going on?

How many boob jobs?

How many tummy tucks?

How many at goal?

How many gaining?

How many happy?

How many frustrated?

How many foaming?

How many slimming?

I was banded 9/05. It hasn't been the best experience for me. I lost 33 lbs and gained it all back in the past year.

Sometimes I don't know what to do. I want to "start over" and do the liquids/mushy/solids for the recommended time to get my brain in "lapband" mode. Other times I think if I just limit myself to x meals/snack that I would be ok. But then these old habits creep up on me and the day is blown by Breakfast. It's a never ending cycle.

One of my problems is that I am used to consuming a lot of liquids. This little bit of food isn't enough for me. So, instead of eating, I drink. I gave up cokes the night before surgery, so to compensate for that I started drinking juices/cocktail. Here in the ME you can get a cocktail - like a smoothie- on almost every corner. I could easily drink 2 liters (about 1/2 gallon) of juice a day. Some days I'd just "drink" all day. I basically didn't lose much and I have gained all that I lost.

Being in the ME, there are no support groups. I should have been more active on this group, but sometimes would feel too embarrassed to say anything due to my lack of success. I didn't get good support here from the dr or hospital. In the hospital, the first and ONLY drink they gave me was a juice box of ROOM TEMP orange juice. UGH.

What do you think? Start over and get my mind into "Lapband" mode or just pick a better selection of food/drinks?

Thanks

Still hanging in there.

Had my surgery September 2005 in Mexicali Mexico, Dr. Aceves.

Lost 100 lbs.

No Tummy Tuck, no boob job.

Still need to lose 30 lbs, only had 2 fills.

Very happy, satisfied with the band, would recommend it to anyone that truly has "made up their mind". The road has not been easy, have acquired reflux due to my first adjustment being too tight (never even knew what reflux was...) on medication and it appears will be so for the rest of my life.

Very little slimming unless I eat really fast and don't chew my food up small enough.

HI, I had to get unfilled 2 weeks ago because of reactions from a bunch of stuff. Being unfilled $usks It isn't that horrible but I can eat more than before thats for sure.

There is a big band get together the infor is at Band2gether.net (b2g) Lap band Support Forums - Powered by vBulletin let me know if any of you are going to come. It should be fun!

Mom X we are here to help you! Your not alone and you don't need to feel embarrased on here. We all go through our ups and downs.

If you can cut out those drinks I am sure that will help you with the weight loss. Those calories are not worth it. You can do this.

I can tell you what I've done, but I am not a perfect bandster at all. However I have always stuck to the rules.

Let me know what you need I don't want to lecture you just help you.

Hang in there!

Well, my surgery was Aug 31st 05, so I'm almost a Sept 05 Bandster... I'm just popping in to say hi because nobody is showing up in the August thread.

I'll be honest and say that it's nice to see that not everyone is at goal, even though I am truly happy for everyone who IS at goal. I'm still working at getting there. And I still believe getting the band was the right decision, for sure!

I hope we can support each other in getting on track & staying there.

Hey all. Just thought I'd pop in and say hi as well. I wish more of us 05's would band together (oops sorry for the pun) Sometimes I miss the support of those that aren't just banded but have been banded as long as me as well. Maybe once we reach more than 2 years out there ought to be a thread dedicated to the whole year rather than each individual month. Hmmm?

As to the questions.

No Boob Job yet but hopefully before the end of the year as the girls really need to be deflated a bit to match my smaller waist.

Yes Tummy Tuck last fall

Not at goal but was so close

Currently in denial about gaining weight but yes in my hard of hearts I have to admit I am.

I'm much Much MUCH happier than I was the summer of '05

But am so FRUSTRATED at my current backsliding since the TT.

Rarely froth or slime right now though I do have the occasional reflux at night if I eat to close to bed time.

Part of my problem with the weight stall/gain has been a major unfill I had before my TT. I'm slowly working back up the fill ladder hoping to get things back under control. But another issue like Momx mentioned is that I'm leaning to much towards the liquid and soft calories. Not so much fruit

juices for me but I've been drinking 2 or 3 slimfast a day in addition to meals such as beer cheese Soup or Long John Silvers Fish. Then there is the ice cream, chocolate, baklava and other goodies I've been eating way too much of. A lot of my poor choices seem to be stemming from a loss of desire to take the time to make the healthy meals that I can only eat a few bites of anyways.

I did try joining in a say no to carbs 2 day challenge a couple months back and it did help restart my motivation at least for a few weeks but then I fell right back off the wagon. I'm thinking of doing it again and hopping it kicks me in the proverbial rear this time and I manage to stay on track at least long enough to take off the pounds I've regained.

I did well the first year....Then had to get my first fill. It was too much, did an unfill and haven't been back. I attended the suport groups for a little while, but found them lacking. Too many RnY's at that time, so I stopped. I continue to go at a slow pace. Exersize and diabetic diet-Glycemic Load. The older I get, ther harder it is to lose. No Boob or Tucks... I have managed to inspire a friend of mine to take the "plunge." She has watched me stay healthy all these years. Now it is her turn. I paid for mine-these past years. I read that Tricare is willing to pay...(too late- cost me 16K). In the meantime, my own family has been in crises for more than two years. My husband has been diagnosed with Alzheimer and then had a small stroke three months ago-he also is diabetic and visually and hearing impaired. Being a caregiver is not what I expected. It has not been pleasant...Which is why I have rebuilt my Exercise room in my livingroom.

I am not sorry I had the surgury...I am more than pleased with my own health...would like to dump the rest of my goal--and just be there:c) I have very few problems, as long as I do not get too upset with family situations or don't chew my food enough. I have pretty much given up several foods, so I don't have to deal with the digestive problems. I have never gone back to drinking any carbonated drinks...still just coffee, Water, and tea.

I'm well past 65 and would recommend this procedure to anyone who is serious. And, I still watch the Biggest Losers..very inspirational.

Dawn in great weather AZ

Dawn - Thanks for the update. I'm glad your own health has been improved but am sorry to hear about your husband. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Hello! I am down from 226 pounds to 145 and am pretty happy here. I would like to be at 135 but this is fine. Last July I had an extended Tummy Tuck and am happy with it. I still have stretch marks and some loose skin on my upper abs but its a huge improvement from what it was. I am very happy I had the surgery and hope to always keep my band. I havent had a fill in 6 months. My band fluctuates, gets too tight, then loosens up on its own. I just work with it. Great to see this thread!!!

tztmama - Long time no see. Great job on your weightloss. I'm glad you popped in to check on us. I wish us old-timers would be a bit more active. I know many of us are at or near our goals but the scale isn't the only challenge we face living with our bands as you can see from some of my posts above.