Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Disappointed

Well, I've been at this for 2 1/2 years now. I lost a total of 70 at my best and have now gained 20 of it back. I had to have an unfill because of acid reflux and unfortunately, it doesn't take long to fall back into BAD eating habits.

Hi am glad to see someone here from 2005.I understand about the habits...I also had reflux, had the unfil for about 8 months (am still on nexium) I was able to get a fill but at that point it didn't seem to work that great.something wasn't right. Finally after about 6 months had another fill and found that I had a leak in the tube. Because of insurance I have to wait for 90 days before I can get a fill.All of my bad habits are back with a vengence along with a few others. I am tring to do Atkins to get myself back on track until i can get the fill.

Last yr I had lost only 70-80 pounds around easter..I saw a new fill Dr that is aggressive and pushes for quick loss by exercise and low-no carbs and supplements........I lost 60 pounds in about 8 weeks....Put my total lost to 140..and girls, those next pounds you lose will make such a difference.......I spent the last yr trying to maintain, gained about 15 over the holidays, but I got back on the low carb plan and supplements and lost it in 2 weeks. I think the hardest part was going from unfilled ( like you had the reflux,needed a break..took a 6 month break..) back to eating like a bandster...I am struggling this time too......That mental part of you that got so used to eating like a bandster is screaming I don't WANT to.......but for me...going from a size 32 to a 12 is a good reminder that it is indeed worth the battle.....WHen i weighed 335, I dieted for 3 years to keep from gaining.....how scarey is that........;)

Don't give up, don't give up, dont give up!

Cristan

banded 7/04/2005 335+

today 2/23/2008 195

Vangard Band...6.25cc:cool:

Cristan, thanks for the words of encouragement. I agree that a fill will help a lot. What kind of supplements do you take? Are you following any special plan? How about exercise? Any guidance would be great!!

Hello ladies:smile2:I too was banded 1n 7/05...lost 75lbs and now have gained back 14.5 lbs back....I'm scared:scared2:and angry:cursing:because it took so long and now I'm on the way up again.I've lost my willpower. I made an appt. for wednesday and lets see what happens.

Hello all I'm glad that I found you all!! I just got a fill, my last fill was in June 2006... I started a new job and gained 10 pounds in 3 months:mad: I knew I needed a fill but I keept on eating and eating which lead to overeating. My pouch was dilated and I had to be on liquids for a week ... That was the wake up call I needed.. I was thankful that I did no damage and was able to get my much needed fill.

Thanks!

Hi I'm a 9/05er but I thought I's pop in here anyway!

This band life isn't easy. Someone asked me last week about the head part! I laughed and said that I honestly felt that that will be an on and off thing for the rest of my life.

Getting our heads right is the tough part and I think that this far out it is harder. It isn't easy to lose weight but it is harder to keep it off!

I know how you all feel!

Dont give up......

Well today ( 11/11/09 ) I made it to the doctors office... I weighted in @ 345 so I had to reset my ticker.. It came out 5 lbs over so I will call my start date today.

My blood pressure was good, no issues there.

I took a look at my chart and my last visit was on 8/5/08 my weight then 287.7 lbs..

Man that hit me.. I could not believe I let myself go that way!

I saw a New PA and she was cool. I told her my issue and she said thats ok, time to start over a new beginning. I thought that was nice of what she said with a 57 lbs weight gain.. After a brief discussion she began to feel for my port but could not find it. She went to get the other PA ( who I have seen before ) and after he saw my chart you would think he would say glad to see you here, instead he says" what happen " I said long story.. That was a turn off... anyway I think she will be my contact person there from now on....They found the port and recovered only 6 cc of Fluid. My last visit he got it up to 9.cc, so it was a little concerning about the 3. 5 cc disappearance. He said hopefully it just demish, but was concern that just maybe I would have a leak. I now have 7cc in my LAP-BAND®..

I have another appt on 12/2/09 and they will check to see how many CC I have then. I will also attend an aftercare/support class... On is Bariatric essentials ( basically a refresher on what to eat/ how much/etc) and the other is Emotional Eating.. This will be all done on the same day since the doctors office is 1.5 hrs from where I live..

Hope to lose 6 lbs bt next visit!

I noticed that this hasn't been updated in awhile.... How's it going?