Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need A Good Lap Band Fill Dr In Houston Tx Area

I am looking for a good fill doctor in the Houston TX area. My doctor is here but to be honest I was not impressed with his office. Until my last appt I had only seen my doctor through a company called NeWeigh (they are wonderful). My doctor's office was not impressive. No nurse on staff, just a receptionist. The office is dirty and rundown. I even had to get a wet paper towel to wipe blood off the chair in the examination room so that my husband could sit down. I am 8 weeks post op and have not had a fill yet. I would like to find a good doctor with good facilities that I can trust. Thanks!

I use Dr. Stephanie Eijsink (eye-sink), who rotates between College Station and Tyler. She does fills on Saturday mornings, by appointment, cash only - for $200. The fills are done with lidocaine, and are done under flouroscopy. Dr. Stephanie has a lap band herself, and really understands what you are going through. She does not do surgery, just fills, and will accept patients from any doctor, as far as I know. I had my surgery in Mexico, and I highly recommend her. Her phone number is 903-520-8847. Make sure you specifiy which office you prefer when you call for the appointment.

Kristine

I second that recommendation of Dr. Stephanie!! She's wonderful!

Dr Garwood in College Station does fills. He will also do fills on Mexico and Foreign countrys.

He is very good you will love him. He is the creator of Myocel which is used by many prominent Lapband pioneers to defat the liver in preparation for surgery.

He does fills on Saturdays as well.

He can do them with or without Flouro.

He charges $200 for the initial consult and $100 for a fill. Floura add $55

7day adjustment policy.

You can contact Janice at : 979-661-1160

I found three Doctors here in Houston. All of them do fills for patiens, no matter where they come from. On Monday I'm going to try one of those. He is near the Medical Center on Herman Ave. If everthing goes well, I'll let you know his name and adress. I do not want to recommend no one unless I tried on myself. Wish me good luck.......

Marivi - Good Luck! I hope you have a wonderful experience. I have not had a fill yet, however, my sister will be getting her first fill on March 8. She is using Dr. Garwood. I will let everyone know how it goes for her.

We see many folks from your area. Our offices are spotless and our personnel have 7 yrs. experience with the band and our banded patients very personal needs. welcome to call. Dr. Gerald garwood , College station, Tx. 979-696-3700.

Do you know any good doctors in Or around Atlanta who will do aftercare for patients who had surgery in Mexico?

HELLO,

I'M GOING TO BE BANDED IN TWO WEEKS IN MEXICO AND AM ALSO LOOKING FOR A FILL DOC .... I'M FROM CENTRAL PA.

I'VE HAD NO LUCK FINDING A DOC WHO WILL FILL A PATIENT DONE IN MEXICO!!! THEY ACT LIKE YOU'RE DISEASED OR SOMETHING!

ANY RECOMMENDATIONS????

MANY THANKS! DARLENE

My sister and I received our very first fill from Dr. Garwood in College Station this past Saturday. Dr. Garwood is wonderful. He was very informative and professional. The whole staff was pleasant and made us feel very important. I would highly recommend them to anyone for fills. :)

My sister and I received our very first fill from Dr. Garwood in College Station this past Saturday. Dr. Garwood is wonderful. He was very informative and professional. The whole staff was pleasant and made us feel very important. I would highly recommend them to anyone for fills. :drool:

HELLO!! WHAT STATE ARE YOU IN??? :sneaky:

THANKS!! DARLENE

What part of Houston?

I swear by my doctor (Dr. Jason Balette) from the Surgical Group of the Woodlands.

The office is clean, the nurses remember you (and the ones who don't are just as friendly as if they've known you forever). Dr. Balette has done all my fills and it never has been a painful or bad experience. (Even an unfill when I told him I was fine and walked out thinking I'd loosen up. Big mistake. I called, they immediately fit me in for an unfill).

So, if you're North of Houston I highly recommend him.

Darlene: We are in Houston Texas as you have probably figured out by now. I actually live east of Houston. I have been to Dr. Garwood in College Station one time. It takes me a little over 2hrs one way but I will gladly endure the drive for an exceptional Dr. Dr. Garwood did not do my surgery, however he has given me more information and truly appeared to be concerned with me than my original Dr. I would highly recommend Dr. Garwood. I would never recommend the Dr. that did my surgery.

HELLO CISCO,

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY!! I WILL KEEP THE INFO YOU GAVE ME... AM STILL TRYING TO FIND A DOC IN PA.

THANKS AGAIN FOR HELP!:biggrin:

DARLENE

P.S. DO YOU MIND ME ASKING, WHO DID YOUR SURGERY?

does Dr. Garwood do fills every Saturday and all day or just mornings? it would be hard for me to get to him in the morning as I am in Brownsville Tx, thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Prdgrdma

So I guess after gastric bypass surgery, I cant eat flock chips because they are fried???  They sell them on here so I thought I could have them. So high in protein and no carbs.  They don't bother me at all.  Help. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

It's possible for a very high fat meal to cause dumping in some (30% or so) gastric bypass patients, although it's more likely to be triggered by high sugar, or by the high fat/high sugar combo (think ice cream, donuts). Dietitians will tell you to never do anything that isn't 100% healthy ever again. Realistically, you should aim for a good balance of protein, carbs, and fat each day. Should you eat fried foods every day? No. Is it possible they will make you sick? Maybe. Is it okay to eat some to see what happens and have them for a treat every now and again? Yes.

• NovelTee

I'm not at all hungry on this liquid pre-op diet, but I miss the sensation of chewing. It's been about two weeks––surgery is in two days––and I can't imagine how I'll feel a couple of weeks post-op. Tonight, I randomly stumbled upon a mukbang channel on YouTube, and it was strangely soothing... is it just me, or is this a thing? 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

I actually watched cooking shows during my pre-op, like Great British Baking Show. It was a little bizarre, but didn't make me hungry. I think it was also soothing in a way.

• Clueless_girl

How do you figure out what your ideal weight should be? I've had a figure in my head for years, but after 3 mths of recovery I'm already almost there. So maybe my goal should be lower?
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

Well, there is actually a formula for "Ideal Body Weight" and you can use a calculator to figure it out for you. This one also does an adjusted weight for a person who starts out overweight or obese. https://www.mdcalc.com/calc/68/ideal-body-weight-adjusted-body-weight

I would use that as a starting point, and then just see how you feel as you lose. How you look and feel is more important than a number.

2. Clueless_girl

I did find different calculators but I couldn't find any that accounted for body frame. But you're right, it is just a number. It was just disheartening to see that although I lost 60% of my excess weight, it's still not in the "normal/healthy" range..

• Aunty Mamo

Tomorrow marks two weeks since surgery day and while I'm feeling remarkably well and going about just about every normal activity, I did wind up with a surface abscess on on of my incision sights and was put on an antibiotic that made me so impacted that it took me more than two hours to eliminate yesterday and scared the hell out of me. Now there's Miralax in all my beverages that aren't Smooth Move tea. I cannot experience that again. I shouldn't have to take Ativan to go to the lady's. I really looking forward to my body getting with the program again. 
      I'm in day three of the "puree" stage of eating and despite the strange textures, all of the savory flavors seem decadent. 
      I timed this surgery so that I'd be recovering during my spring break. That was a good plan. Today is a state holiday and the final day of break. I feel really strong to return to school tomorrow. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Now that I'm in maintenance mode, I'm getting a into a routine for my meals. Every day, I start out with 8-16 ounces of water, and then a proffee, which I have come to look forward to even the night before. My proffees are simply a black coffee with a protein powder added. There are three products that I cycle through: Premier Vanilla, Orgain Vanilla, and Dymatize Vanilla.
      For second breakfast on workdays, I will have a low-fat yogurt with two tablespoons of PBFit and two teaspoons of no sugar added dried cherries. I will have ingested 35-45 grams of protein at this point between the two breakfasts, with 250-285 calories, and about 20 carbs.
      For second breakfast on non-workdays, I will prepare two servings of plain, instant oatmeal with a tablespoon of an olive oil-based spread. This means I will have had 34 grams of protein, 365 calories, and 38 carbs. Non-workdays are when I am being very active with training sessions, so I allow myself more carbohydrate fuel.
      Snacks on any day are always mixed nuts, even when I am travelling. I will have 0.2 cups of a blend that I make myself. It consists of dry roasted peanuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, and Brazil nuts. This is 5 grams of protein, 163 calories, and 7 carbs.
      Breakfast and snacks have been the easiest to nail down. Lunch and dinner have more variables, and I prepare enough for leftovers. I concentrate on protein first, and then add vegetables. Typically tempeh, tofu, or Field Roast products with roasted or sautéed vegetables. Today, I will be eating leftovers from last night. Two ounces of tempeh with four ounces of roasted vegetables that consist of red and yellow sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, small purple potatoes, zucchini, and carrots. I will add a tablespoon of olive oil-based spread, break up 3 walnuts to sprinkle of top, and garnish with two tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. This particular meal will be 19 grams of protein, 377 calories, and 28 grams of carbs. Bear in mind that I do eat more carbs when I am not working, and I focus on ingesting healthy carbs instead of breads/crackers/chips/crisps.
      It's a helluva journey and I'm thankful to be on it!

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches