Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest Weight Loss Surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for Weight Loss Surgery patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your Weight Loss Surgery decisions as well as providing you the Weight Loss Surgery support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive BariatricPal member features!

Join our 250K+ WLS member community. It's free!!!

Need A Good Lap Band Fill Dr In Houston Tx Area

Views
Started by cisco29, Feb 05, 2008 3:02 PM
62 replies to this topic
62 replies to this topic

cisco29

Intermediate Member

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted February 5, 2008 - 3:02 PM

I am looking for a good fill doctor in the Houston TX area. My doctor is here but to be honest I was not impressed with his office. Until my last appt I had only seen my doctor through a company called NeWeigh (they are wonderful). My doctor's office was not impressive. No nurse on staff, just a receptionist. The office is dirty and rundown. I even had to get a wet paper towel to wipe blood off the chair in the examination room so that my husband could sit down. I am 8 weeks post op and have not had a fill yet. I would like to find a good doctor with good facilities that I can trust. Thanks!

psalm20

Advanced Member

Posted February 11, 2008 - 1:36 PM

I use Dr. Stephanie Eijsink (eye-sink), who rotates between College Station and Tyler. She does fills on Saturday mornings, by appointment, cash only - for $200. The fills are done with lidocaine, and are done under flouroscopy. Dr. Stephanie has a lap band herself, and really understands what you are going through. She does not do surgery, just fills, and will accept patients from any doctor, as far as I know. I had my surgery in Mexico, and I highly recommend her. Her phone number is 903-520-8847. Make sure you specifiy which office you prefer when you call for the appointment.

Kristine

B-Rog

Intermediate Member

Posted February 12, 2008 - 4:13 PM

I second that recommendation of Dr. Stephanie!! She's wonderful!

tbyrd

Posted February 12, 2008 - 11:47 PM

Dr Garwood in College Station does fills. He will also do fills on Mexico and Foreign countrys.

He is very good you will love him. He is the creator of Myocel which is used by many prominent Lapband pioneers to defat the liver in preparation for surgery.

He does fills on Saturdays as well.

He can do them with or without Flouro.

He charges $200 for the initial consult and $100 for a fill. Floura add $55

7day adjustment policy.

You can contact Janice at : 979-661-1160

marivi

Novice

Posted February 29, 2008 - 1:41 PM

I found three Doctors here in Houston. All of them do fills for patiens, no matter where they come from. On Monday I'm going to try one of those. He is near the Medical Center on Herman Ave. If everthing goes well, I'll let you know his name and adress. I do not want to recommend no one unless I tried on myself. Wish me good luck.......

cisco29

Intermediate Member

Posted February 29, 2008 - 2:15 PM

Marivi - Good Luck! I hope you have a wonderful experience. I have not had a fill yet, however, my sister will be getting her first fill on March 8. She is using Dr. Garwood. I will let everyone know how it goes for her.

Dr Garwood

Intermediate Member

Posted March 9, 2008 - 7:42 AM

We see many folks from your area. Our offices are spotless and our personnel have 7 yrs. experience with the band and our banded patients very personal needs. welcome to call. Dr. Gerald garwood , College station, Tx. 979-696-3700.

dshyre

Advanced Member

• My Blogs
Posted March 9, 2008 - 2:32 PM

Do you know any good doctors in Or around Atlanta who will do aftercare for patients who had surgery in Mexico?

IWANTBANDED

Advanced Member

Posted March 10, 2008 - 5:03 AM

HELLO,
I'M GOING TO BE BANDED IN TWO WEEKS IN MEXICO AND AM ALSO LOOKING FOR A FILL DOC .... I'M FROM CENTRAL PA.
I'VE HAD NO LUCK FINDING A DOC WHO WILL FILL A PATIENT DONE IN MEXICO!!! THEY ACT LIKE YOU'RE DISEASED OR SOMETHING!
ANY RECOMMENDATIONS????
MANY THANKS! DARLENE

cisco29

Intermediate Member

Posted March 10, 2008 - 10:50 AM

My sister and I received our very first fill from Dr. Garwood in College Station this past Saturday. Dr. Garwood is wonderful. He was very informative and professional. The whole staff was pleasant and made us feel very important. I would highly recommend them to anyone for fills. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Featured Surgeons

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      Dec 21
    ProjectMe

Day 5 Post Op...feeling pretty good! Still sore though

Show comments (2)
View All Updates

Topics with No Reply