Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastic Surgery Terms for Weight Loss Patients

I am so glad that someone addressed the saggy skin in the genital area. I have been noticing that lately and it really bothers me. My husband could care less but between that, my saggy stomach and my boobs that fall to the side when I lay down. I am more self conscious then I was when my skin was all filled up with fat. I can tell my husband gets annoyed when I try to hide everything. I have an appoinmtent with a ps Dr next week. We are going to try and get my tt and boobs covered by insurance. Im really not expecting them to but I figured it is worth a shot. If they dont I can foret it. I might be able to get the boobs but deffinitly not the tt. It is to expensive. Wish me luck. And about the skin tags I had a couple taken off at my dermitologist office. It was quick and easy.

My regular doc has taken off several tissue tags for me as well as a couple of moles. She freezes them off mostly, but has cut off a couple.

What about having (and I am sorry for this visual) excess body fat removed from the genitalia area. I hate to say this, but I am actually afraid of my outer skin/folds sagging. I don't want it to look like a soggy biscuit. I saw the similar surgery done on Doctor 90210, but here we are in the real world and I want to know if any of you have heard of this.

Isn't this what they call vagina rejuvenation? Or something like that. I haven't researched it but I think it is when they take off some of the excess skin.

A good friend of mine is 2 yrs post RNY, and her insurance (of course) would not pay for a TT. She went to a dermatologist who instructed her to rub in Dawn dish detergent under her belly flap and leave it there. Within 24 hours she had the worst rash she had ever seen. She went back to the Dermo, who photographed it, and refered her for a pannulectomy(?) due to chronic skin breakdown...and her insurance covered it!

Don't know if that always works, but it is worth a shot!

I want the name of her dermatologist.........are they in Houston by any chance. Not all doctors will work with you like that.

My dermatologist would probably just prescribe some type of medicine for it.

I am interested in ballpark figures for these surgeries listed. I'm wondering if it's something feasible for me. Maybe we could add this to the first post on the sticky?

Has anyone lost the weight and not need to have their apron removed? I hope so, after this I don't know if I want to go under the knife again.

I am interested in ballpark figures for these surgeries listed. I'm wondering if it's something feasible for me. Maybe we could add this to the first post on the sticky?

Hi there, I just went for a consult here in the Dallas area. I was quoted $6500 for a Tummy Tuck and $10,500 for a lower body lift. I was told because I have no skin issues or back problems, that insurance would not cover it. I am going to make an appointment with another Dr to I can compare prices.

Hi there, I just went for a consult here in the Dallas area. I was quoted $6500 for a Tummy Tuck and $10,500 for a lower body lift. I was told because I have no skin issues or back problems, that insurance would not cover it. I am going to make an appointment with another Dr to I can compare prices.

Thanks! That's very helpful! What is your insurance, if you don't mind me asking. I have BCBS PPO. They didn't cover the band, so I have to assume they wouldn't cover this either.

Thanks! That's very helpful! What is your insurance, if you don't mind me asking. I have BCBS PPO. They didn't cover the band, so I have to assume they wouldn't cover this either.

I have United Health Care, which was awesome when it came to the band. But unfortunately, not as good with the PS :)