Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seventy or more????

Welcome Jan, Congratulations on almost being 75 and still wanting the surgery. I'm so glad you care about your health. Come visit on the sixties site if you want slightly more action.

Yes, at 72 I decided to have the lap band. I have been banded for 5 weeks now. I have lost 25 lbs so far (10 before susrgery, and 15 since surgery) I feel great, but sometimes, I could eat the "north end out of a south bound cow!" I hopefully get my first fill on Monday 5/5/08. I am not married - have been a couple of times though, but have been single for about 30 years. I don't mind being single, I have gotten used to it. I do have grown children, grand-children and greats. I have a cat named Sugar who is a love. When I get thin, I wouldn't mind meeting a nice man (yeah right!), but that would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. All the good ones are already married. I envy the women who have wonderful mates. I live near Boise Idaho. Formerly, Sacramento, Placerville, and San Clemente California. I don't really miss it though, because I have a beautiful home here, and I travel quite a bit. Love to hear from some of you older gals. Bye for now.:)

I am a healthy, active 70 and had the lapband on 12 Oct 2007. Not losing any weight, had my first fill Dec 10th. Anybody out there? Need someone to talk to.

:confused:ekgray

I am 69....and had my surgery 4/23. Still very very sore - and not that much energy. Struggling to get down enuff Proteins. Cannot stand the special drinks..........or the chewable and liquid supplements. Any suggestions?

I am 69....and had my surgery 4/23. Still very very sore - and not that much energy. Struggling to get down enuff Proteins. Cannot stand the special drinks..........or the chewable and liquid supplements. Any suggestions?

My Doc's nutritionist wanted me to use Boost. Yuck!!! But I've been using "Essentia Natural" 100% Protein with Micellar Casein. It's by Iron-Tek. It has 120 Calories, 2g fat,30mg cholesterol, 4g carbs and 22 grams of Protein. I mix it w/skimmed milk and sometimes put in 1/2 banana and ice cubes. It makes a nice smoothie and comes in several flavors. Alternatively, I also use "Profect" protein beverage which has 0 fat & 0 carbs but 25 g protein. Ive had to get it via internet, however. The vitamin/healthfood store I use didn't have any. It comes in a bullet-type vial and is @3 oz. Good for travel.

By the way, I was 69 when I had my banding. So far, down 60, but about at least another 100 to go.

Keep your chin up.

Guest OldManoftheSea

I am rather new here, and even though I am in my late 60's it seemed more appropriate to post my question here. First, let me apologize if I offend anyone.

Have any of the men, or women who have been intimately associated with men, had positive experiences with men's increased sexual capabilities after Lap Band surgery, either directly from (a) Lap Band ( the associated weight loss and/or © the benefits of exercise after a banding experience?

If you do not want to answer in the public forum, I would appreciate a private message.

Thank you.

hi there,,,,,mary here, am just in the process of learning about the Lapband. How are things goin for you now

Edited by melody_mary_42f
mispelling

Hi Everyone,

I am scheduled for my surgery May 13th. I will be 75 August 16th. I am excited! About surgery and being 75! I would love support and any encouragement you might give. I feel so right about this and that this is the tool I have been looking for. I am so looking forward to getting off diabetes medicine, high blood pressure medicine and high cholesterole medicine. I think that will be such an improvement in my health that the weight loss will be icing on the cake - whoops! scratch that.

Thanks for all the postings you have already done. I live in Dallas, Texas.

Love and Light,

Jan

well, tell, me, how is the weight loss..? I was just passing by the sight and saw this group. I am in the process of finding the right surgeon...

Hi Mary,

Things are going well for me. As for weight loss I have lost 10 pounds and I am up for another fill Monday. I am hoping this will be the "sweet spot" they talk about and will kick me into more loss. I feel good and the surgery was a snap. No problems at all - the first night just some pressure but by the morning I was fine. I think it is one of the best things I have done although I am not loosing #'s quickly what has come off has stayed off. I am looking forward to getting off diabetes medication and high blook pressure medication and the weight will be a side benefit.

I hope you find what you need and if I can be of any help let me know. I am new to this but very enouraged.

Jan

Hi.

I'll be 72 this week and am waiting for my first appointment with my surgeon. It is scheduled for 9/26 but they say they will move it up when there is a cancellation. I have about 150 lbs to lose so hope she can do it. I was turned down for the band about 2-1/2 years ago by another surgeon who also told me that if he was to do the RNY, it would be very, very risky, so I said no thanks. I heard he didn't want to operate on anyone who was over 65.

I, too, am single with 2 sons and 4 grandkids, all teenagers. Just me and my pup. I hope to have this done in time to take a cruise or two next year. Any weight off would feel so good as it is so hard to move at this weight.

Hi Mary,

Things are going well for me. As for weight loss I have lost 10 pounds and I am up for another fill Monday. I am hoping this will be the "sweet spot" they talk about and will kick me into more loss. I feel good and the surgery was a snap. No problems at all - the first night just some pressure but by the morning I was fine. I think it is one of the best things I have done although I am not loosing #'s quickly what has come off has stayed off. I am looking forward to getting off diabetes medication and high blook pressure medication and the weight will be a side benefit.

I hope you find what you need and if I can be of any help let me know. I am new to this but very enouraged.

Jan

i do wish you well and that the FILL will kickstart your weight loss. i am still torn as to what i need to do. Having had a previous weight loss surgery back in the 80's im just afraid.

Hi Mary,

Was you op. successful before? They have improved and are continually coming up with new things. This was much more simple than I realized and as i said I had no problems. I am just not loosing as fast as I thought I would and as quickly. But I am patient and will see how this next fill goest. My Dr. said it takes time and that every patient is different. As I said I am more excited about getting the diabetes under control and getting of the medication but the weight loss will be a joy.

Where are You? I am in Dallas, Texas and I really like my Dr. he's done a gazillion procedures and I'm impressed with his knowledge and his experience.

As I said if I can help in any way let me know. I am here and will do whatever I can.

Best of wishes and God bless.

Jan

Hi:

I'm Nora and am 65, I was banded one week ago and still going through the gas pains. That is the one thing I was not warned about. Good for you, keep going.

norad10

Hi:

Good for you, it took 7 months of pressuring my insurance company and jumping through their hoops. I'm 65 and was banded on 7/21/08, I didn't think I would get the o'k' because of my age. and was told 65 was the top age. But now I am finding out they are doing the procedure on into people's 70's.

I hope your date is moved up, I know how hard it is when you are ready and then have to wait and wait.

good luck,

norad10

Hi:

I live in Vancouver, Wa and see you got your surgery in Portland. I am having surgery possibly on Wednesday, one week here in Vancouver. I have thought about cancelling it because I see so many people not losing on this and i know surgery is risky. I also asked my doctor how many people she has seen living successfully with the band into their 70's and 80's and she had no answer except to say they would be dead w/o the weight loss. My grandmother lived to be 89 with diabetes and she was way overweight the whole time. I am 53 ( I know wrong forum, just wanted to see who was in this group and found a "neighbor"! Please tell me how the band has benefited you before i change my mind. Thanks!

can you send your response to northwesthealth@aol.com ( my email)