Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seventy or more????

I am RichardB, Dallas TX, was banded on the 3 of November 2008. I will have my first fill this Friday, 19 December. I wanted to have gastric bypass surgery, but due to a previous heart surgery, Dr. would only do the lapband. I am doing wonderfully well. I have had zero problems, and wonder why I waited until this point in my life to have it donw. I am married, husband, father and grandfather. Still working, and will keep all informed of weight loss when my first fill is done. Would like to hear of other men that are doing the lapband. Best regards to all, and a happy Holiday season to all, whichever you observe. RichardB

Hi RichardB

Just found your post tonight I am your age and got the Band a couple of weeks after you. Would like to talk just send me a note.

Harold

I would like to talk to anyone in this group, 70+ and male. I too am a male, banded in Nov of 2008. Regards, Richard

Hi, Iam glad that someone else is going thought this not working I have had two fills and I can come right home and eat what every. I told her to make it tight. I had my band put on Sept 4 2009.

Am having the lap band surgery on July 18, 2011 Will be 75 in Oct 2011. Have about 75 lbs to lose and can't wait to get started.

Will keep you informed.

Are all the septuagenarians gone? No posts since June. I was banded about a month ago and seem to be losing two and three lbs

a week.My first fill is next week although I'm not sure I need it, not much hunger. Lets hear from someone else.

Hi,

I am 72 yrs and 3 days. Wasn't to sure if this site was still active or not.

Please let me know.

Banded 2 years ago, have not reached my goal yet due to lack of motivation. I have lost close to 70 pounds and need to lose 30 more. I know what I need to do.

I live in Central Florida - anyone else live in this area?

Hope this site is still active.

I am delighted to learn about other bandsters my age. Good grief, I was born before Hitler invaded Poland. Anyway, I was first banded about 4 1/2 years ago. I lost over 70 pounds and maintained most of the loss. I cut my insulin, Lasix, and BP meds in half. Unfortunately, early this year I began to have problems keeping food dorn. It turned out to be a repositioned band and hiatal hernia. I was rebanded in late July and I would like to lose about 30 pounds more. We shall see. I am delighted to find this site, and I have purchased a couple books that I can use for support, because I don't really find my surgeon's office to be that much help. I live in Akron, Ohio with 3 cats. I have a daugher in Redmond, WA and a son and grandchildresn in Honolulu. I saw my granddaughter in July because she was in a music study program at Oberlin. I read, do a little mystery shopping, and make jewelry--mostly beaded. I've had pieces on display at a local art museum and several galleries. I buy my clothes at a local thrift shop, leaving me more money for beads!