Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

Hello to every one, just an update it is 2 weeks today since my banding. Still no hunger and am managing to consume at least 45 grams of Protein a day + 48 ounces of Water. Went to my Primary care today and was weighed for first time have lost 17.5 since surgery,but that is because I gained in surgery. But PC was very happy since she has several patients who had LB and those patients seem to regain the lasticity in skin when they do not loose more then 2-3 pounds per week. My sugar is dooing well and so is blood pressure, so I am happy.

Hope all are doing well let us hear from you with updates.

I get my discharge from surgeon tomorrow, wonder what their scale will say.:thumbup::crying:

Congrats, Karen!! Sounds like you're doing really great!! Let us know what the surgeon says tomorrow.

39_8_5.gif 39_8_1.gif

Good going Phyll. That's a grreat loss. We are almost up to 100" of snow now and I can't get out to come to Florida. :thumbup:

Good going Phyll. That's a grreat loss. We are almost up to 100" of snow now and I can't get out to come to Florida. :thumbup:

Well, unfortunately I had to switch to a night time weigh in this week (TOPS), so I had a gain! Boo Hoo!! Hope next week will be better. A new TOPS group started up at our RV park so we don't have to travel up the road now. But, it meets at night!!

If you want to come down and warm up, don't go to Florida!! We're in the Palm Springs area...... CALIFORNIA!! And it hasn't been a GREAT winter so far. We just had a week of wonderful weather and then came yesterday!! Our Valentine's plans had to be revised because they included going to the Palm Springs Thursday night street fair and it was TOO COLD to walk around outside! It even snowed in Palm Springs yesterday!! I think it's a little warmer today and the wind isn't howling like it was yesterday. So we are getting ready to go to the pool for Water aerobics! We chickened out yesterday!

Hello everyone, I started this process on 4/23/07 and thought I would never get here....but on 2/15/08 BCBS finally approved me for the lap band!:biggrin2:

Now I have gone from hoping and praying for approval to bouncing back and forth between total excitement :girl_hug: and total '"what the heck am I doing" TERROR!! :) Anyway...I am now an official member of the 60+ thread.

PHYL

I thought Palm Springs was like a desert and very hot. WOW snow. We woke to 4" of snow yesterday. Live in Southwestern New Mexico.

SUECASB

Congradulations. The gastric banding surgery isn't much of anything. Bariactric surgery where they cut away part of stomach and intestine...Now that is probably a super terror one.

Howdy Folks,

I'm going to have my LapBand surgery done at CMMC in Jackson, MS. They have been approved by Medicare but are still waiting to recieve the "Seal of Excellents" paper work from Medicare.

I started going to thier Support group the 2nd. Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM (1900 Hrs.) Most of them have already had their surgery & all but one the Bypass. Stil is very helpful going to these meeting.

I have not been on here lately because I'm still waiting :wub: for the Medicare approvel paper work for CMMC.

That's it for now, Don

PHYL

I thought Palm Springs was like a desert and very hot. WOW snow. We woke to 4" of snow yesterday. Live in Southwestern New Mexico.

Hi,

Yes, that was very unusual for here in the desert!! It's warm again now!

Howdy Folks,

I'm going to have my LapBand surgery done at CMMC in Jackson, MS. They have been approved by Medicare but are still waiting to recieve the "Seal of Excellents" paper work from Medicare.

I started going to thier Support group the 2nd. Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM (1900 Hrs.) Most of them have already had their surgery & all but one the Bypass. Stil is very helpful going to these meeting.

I have not been on here lately because I'm still waiting :unsure: for the Medicare approvel paper work for CMMC.

That's it for now, Don

Good to hear from you, Don. Sounds like there is progress, though somewhat slow! Very good to go to support group meetings. Helps a lot. Keep us posted!

Welcome Suecab. It's so good to see so many people over 60 trying to improve their health. Keep posting your progress.

Hi Everyone,

It is great to see all of you being successful. Are you happy and still glad you made the decision to get your band.

I have a date scheduled for march 12th, but I am still waiting for the insurance approval. This is a real emotional roller coaster!

I saw that one of you was just two weeks out and getting in Protein. What form are you using, real food or supplements? I am trying to get prepared.

Just checking in. Surgery was on the 12th, post op on the 18th. Pain free except very occasional port pain (if I bend forward to pick up the dog have to be very careful) Down 11 pounds since surgery. Hungry but able to control it between "meals"

Headed home tomorrow from Vegas to Carson City, even tho storms are predicted. Usually take 2 days for the drive, so may do it in one, or may hole up somewhere till it passes.

Is everybody hibernating? I miss you guys. I'm depressed about my lack of weight loss and the weather. Maybe I should work more than 1 day a week so I have more to do...but If I work more I have to pay taxes on my SS and I just don't want to give Uncle Sam any more. I need a change of scenery or something. I envy you snow birds. Can't wait for summer to go "camping". I am so miserably tight in the morning. I have a terrible time with my meds. At night I could eat a 5 course dinner! OK I'm all done whineing (for now). I hope you are all well and the pounds are just melting away:)

Hi sfeiner, I live in Maine so I know about hibernating. I will be glad when spring finally is here. I have the same problem with wanting to eat at nite. I just picked up a book at the library "Overcoming Night Eating Syndrome" I heard about it on a talk show (I can't remember which one). I have been a nite eater for long time now and always ashamed of it. I thought I was the only one that ate at nite when others slept. I don't know if that was what you meant, but at least I finally told someone as the book advises. I haven't had my first visit with the doctor yet, but I Hope its ok if I chime in with Y'all. I also know what it feels like to feel down when I don't lose. That's why I love this site, everyone has some of the same problems that I have and it helps to get the encouragement that everyone gives. Well, I guess I have rambled on enough. Sallie

Hi everyone,

I am now recovering from a pacemaker revision, asserious as lapband and on same side as port just at shoulder, so still having some pain on left side.

I have made trip to Doctor for discharge lost 1 lb 14 days after surgery , not too discouraged since I never was a huge eater, but grazer, so now I am on 30 20 30 and no Snacks just 3 meals a day!

I am on bed rest till 2/29, so am really bored and have eith read every book, magazine and newspaper in house, Can not shower till 2/29 so sponge bathing is the way to go, UGH!

Protein intake is good, Soft Proteins are not so bad and I try for 15 proteins grams per meal. Also have found the Vitamins and calcium citrate chews on my program seem to satisfy my sweet tooth.

My dear husband has been a doll and yesterday looked at me and said I can see you are loosing weight, Made my day! Although I can't see it.

Glad you are with us SALLY, Yes, night eating is a problem! And the worse part is that's when I don't have restriction.

KAREN, Hope you have a fast and not too boring recovery.

other SHARON, Hope your trip went smoothly.

PHYLL, Where are you?

SAM and DON, We need an update on your progress.