Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

PHYL

There's a lot of difference in the two photos, not only do you look smaller but you also look younger. Congrads

YOUNGER!! I like that! I noticed that, too! Thanks!

put in new picture, Seeing if it worked.

Nina

Hi, Nina! I loaded my pictures on Photobucket. Under "Effects" on their site, you can resize them... They have pixel limits here, so if you exceed the limits, photos won't upload. Also, the little insert photo icon is not always up there in the menu! So then you have to go down below to Additional Options and then Manage Attachments to upload your picture. Hope that helps.

Love the cartoon! Does anyone live in the south and have room for me (and my dog?) It's just a bit above zero here and snowing and snowing...I'm really sick of winter in Wi.

HaHa!! After watching that Green Bay game yesterday I see why you want to get out of there!! We're in Desert Hot Springs CA in our RV... we have a pull out couch you can sleep on!! LOL

WOW!! Phil, You can really see a difference.... You are looking good.....

Dang, We can't make it on Thursday to Quartzite, but thanks anyway, at least we tried... Hopefully we can work something out another time....

Thanks! Sorry you can't make it to Quartzsite Thursday. Would've enjoyed meeting you. Yes, maybe another time. Hope the weather is decent Thursday! It's so windy today. I better not say it's "chilly".... 58 degrees!! Sounds tropical to some of you, I know!!!

HA Ha, love the cartoon. That looks like my wife & I. , but my wife's belly is not as big as mine. I'm the frisky one but too big to do anything about it.

Ha Ha- enough said.

Is this where all the 60+ people a going now? I have been on the 50+ thread ; the 63+ thead and two Mississippi threads!!

****UPDATE****

I went to the latest support group on 01-08-2008 an it was the same ans. "any day now" for people waiting on Medicare to approve the Hospital in MS. (CMMC). There might about 200plus people waiting for the "OK". Not sure were I stand on the list. The support group meets every 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM. (1900 Hrs.).

I think this is why they call us "PATIENTS".

Don

Don, yes... PATIENCE, PATIENTS!! The government never does anything fast! Hope something starts happening for you soon.

Yes, trying to get all the 60+ people over to this new site so we can all hang out together instead of scattered around. We all have similar "issues".

I am nervous!!! and excited. I have been at this since August and finally my date has come. Lots of ups and down, but I definitely think that it will be worth the effort. My insurance first denied me and I sent them a 187 page document of why I needed to have the surgery. They approved me in 3 days.

I have stocked up on some baby food and Protein drinks for my first weeks. I have a BMI of 37 - so it will be interesting to see how fast the weight comes off. Any advice to this???

I hope to be slim and trim by at least July. Probably won't have all the weight off - but at least a good portion. It was I and my husband's 40th anniversary this past Dec. I don't want to go on a cruise until I have lost some of the weight. Thanks for the input. Glad to have a 60's group here.

Good morning sixties. It's still soooo cold here. Well below zero. Getting tired of staying in the house. Can't get the dogs to go out.I might show up on your doorstep any day now Phyll. Thanks for the offer. I don't eat much :rolleyes2:but I do take up quite a bit of space.:redface:

I was banded this past Thursday (yesterday). I am home today and feeling pretty good except when I took the pain medication without eating food. I was sort of dizzy - just slept it off. I am 61 and am looking forward to being a lean and mean grandma by summer

Good morning sixties. It's still soooo cold here. Well below zero. Getting tired of staying in the house. Can't get the dogs to go out.I might show up on your doorstep any day now Phyll. Thanks for the offer. I don't eat much :rolleyes2:but I do take up quite a bit of space.:hurray:

I'll tell you what....now understand, I'm NOT complaining, BUT, this is the coolest, wettest winter we've had down here yet!! But we're still in the pool every morning, so you know it's not THAT BAD!! I wish I could send you a little bit of sunshine!! I do LOVE it down here!! I've been trying to talk my DH into buying something more permanent, like a park model or mobile home, for several years, but he's not about to do that!! So our condo in WA will sit empty until it's warm enough to go home!! That could be August!! LOL Where did you say you are... I forgot???? My condolences!!!

I was banded this past Thursday (yesterday). I am home today and feeling pretty good except when I took the pain medication without eating food. I was sort of dizzy - just slept it off. I am 61 and am looking forward to being a lean and mean grandma by summer

Watch those drugs!!! LOL

Sounds like you are doing GREAT for one day post-op!! You may feel a little rugged tomorrow, but it will only get better from here on!! Take care! We'll be waiting to hear more as you journey with us towards that "LEAN MEAN GRANDMA" place!!

Oh, yeah... you're in WISCONSIN!! I remember now!! So sorry!! C'mon down!!

I had a pretty good night. Did any of you have indigestion after your band surgery. Seems like I am very "bloaty" and "gurgly". What did you do for it? How long does it takes this to go away? I haven't gotten on the scale yet - but I feel like I've lost already.

I'm soo glad that this is done. Have to get a little worse to get better!!!

By the way - I live in Iowa. We have had 30 1/2 inches of snow here this winter so far. This is a record - also it has been down to 15 below - BRRRR - a good time to stay in. I have to start on the quilt again for my daughter in Florida. It is a King size and I have it about 3/4 done. Also need to start exercising again. Dr. said that I can't exercise (lift weights) for about 4-6 weeks.

Phyl, you look GREAT! I also have to say you are obviously a woman of taste as displayed by your elegant footware. (Crocs rule!)

Angie in Texas, US

Phyl, you look GREAT! I also have to say you are obviously a woman of taste as displayed by your elegant footware. (Crocs rule!)

Angie in Texas, US

You betcha!! And how do you like those pants???? :eek: Age is just a number! I'm still a teenager at heart!! Got my hair punked again last week, too!! LOL :tongue:

Thanks for the compliment! I dressed up in bright pink for church this morning and I got so many compliments! And a few who know about my surgery wanted to know how much I'm down now. It was great encouragement!

Good morning sixties. It's still soooo cold here. Well below zero. Getting tired of staying in the house. Can't get the dogs to go out.I might show up on your doorstep any day now Phyll. Thanks for the offer. I don't eat much :rolleyes2:but I do take up quite a bit of space.:D

How cold is it? I live in Silver City, New Mexico. We get cold at night here.

How cold is it? I live in Silver City, New Mexico. We get cold at night here.

I don't know about Wisconsin right now, but it was mighty cold there the other day!! And it's not all that great here in the So Cal desert, either!! About 50 this morning but the wind is so mean. It's cloudy and very windy and it rained from Saturday night until Sunday night. Not the kind of winter we've experienced the past few years!

I don't know about Wisconsin right now, but it was mighty cold there the other day!! And it's not all that great here in the So Cal desert, either!! About 50 this morning but the wind is so mean. It's cloudy and very windy and it rained from Saturday night until Sunday night. Not the kind of winter we've experienced the past few years!

We have the left over of your weather. This system went east from Southern Calif., bringing us rain and strong winds last night. We've been getting down to the upper teens to lower twenty's at night. Wisconsin can drop to 20 below............brrrrrrrrrrrrrr 36_1_63.gif

Well we had a balmy day of 40 today. Some of the snow melted but more on the way tomorrow. I'm going to get to Madison for my third fill tomorrow even if I have to go on a snow mobile!