Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

Hi everyone,

Haven't seen much action here. I guess everyone is busy. I miss y'all. I made my goal of 100 lbs lost. Actually I am 101 lbs down. Surgeon said he doesn't need to see me for 2 months. He is very proud of me, and said many people don't make their goal. I am proud too, I can't gain weight as I spent far too much money on my new wardrobe! I told him I have a new addiction, it is shopping! Help!!!

Hello Everyone,

I am out here just plugging along with slow weight loss but losing just the same. Went for a fill a couple of weeks ago and that is helping. I am at 7.5 cc's in the Realize Band. I am having to be very careful, mostly drinking shakes, milk, Water. I hope you are all enjoying your holidays. It is cold here in California! Go ahead and laugh but I am not used to it. I am wrapped in a blanket most of the day. My best to all!

Hi, All! Hasn't been much activity on this thread in a long time, so I guess I was neglecting following it.

We are in CA for the winter, but back home to WA state for the holidays so we missed most of the cold here in CA, but made up for it at home! Even had some snow.

Hi Everyone

Haven't posted for a while because I did not get any emails. Now I see that the site was down for a while.

Phyl - Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had a good day. I agree, I don't like the way things are working on the new site.

No big news to report. I am holding my own, and just trying to get though the holidays without a gain.

Karen in Indiana

Hi, Karen!! Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Glad you're doing well. I gained a little over the holidays. Working on getting it back off!

None of us like the redesign of the LBT site!! Postings coming to my email inbox are WAY down. People are just not wanting to deal with it.. posts disappearing, difficult to figure out how to add photos, etc. Some have sent emails to Alex complaining about it.

Didn't realize how long it had been since I'd been on this site. I'm now down to 151 but it's been two months since I lost any weight, that's why I got another fill last week. This time it seems to be making a difference; apparently I eat faster than I thought cuz now it causes me gas and boy is that painful. It never did this before. I like me at this weight but the Doc still says 120. I've been thinking about 135. Guess I'll have to see what happens when I get there. Hope all had great holidays.

My weight loss is stalled too!! Having a hard time.... have been maintaining, but then gained a little over the holidays.

I think your doc is being a little unrealistic about your goal weight!! Remind him of your age!! Hahaha!! I'm hoping to get down to 150! I'd be quite happy with that.

I'm finding it hard to eat in the mornings since this last fill. Is this normal? I've never experienced it before. I was told to drink something hot first thing in the morning and it should help this but it doesn't.

I see pictures and other things on peoples replys but how did they get there? My picture doesn't even show up? Is there somewhere I go to put them there? Thanks

Hot liquid should help in the morning. Sorry it's not working for you. Sounds a little like "first bite syndrome".

Can't help with the photos, etc. Site is totally screwed up since they revamped it. Did you try clicking on the "insert image" icon above? You can add things to your "signature" on the CP User page... if you can figure out how to get there!! B)

Hi everyone,

Haven't seen much action here. I guess everyone is busy. I miss y'all. I made my goal of 100 lbs lost. Actually I am 101 lbs down. Surgeon said he doesn't need to see me for 2 months. He is very proud of me, and said many people don't make their goal. I am proud too, I can't gain weight as I spent far too much money on my new wardrobe! I told him I have a new addiction, it is shopping! Help!!!

Congrats on your weight loss!! Shopping addiction is okay!! LOL

15_9_27.gif 7_18_4.gif 7_18_3.gif 7_18_5.gif 15_8_8.gif

Hi, All! Hasn't been much activity on this thread in a long time, so I guess I was neglecting following it.

We are in CA for the winter, but back home to WA state for the holidays so we missed most of the cold here in CA, but made up for it at home! Even had some snow.

Glad you're doing well. I gained a little over the holidays. Working on getting it back off!

None of us like the redesign of the LBT site!! Postings coming to my email inbox are WAY down. People are just not wanting to deal with it.. posts disappearing, difficult to figure out how to add photos, etc. Some have sent emails to Alex complaining about it.

My weight loss is stalled too!! Having a hard time.... have been maintaining, but then gained a little over the holidays.

I think your doc is being a little unrealistic about your goal weight!! Remind him of your age!! Hahaha!! I'm hoping to get down to 150! I'd be quite happy with that.

Hot liquid should help in the morning. Sorry it's not working for you. Sounds a little like "first bite syndrome".

Can't help with the photos, etc. Site is totally screwed up since they revamped it. Did you try clicking on the "insert image" icon above? You can add things to your "signature" on the CP User page... if you can figure out how to get there!! B)

Yup! That is me! Can't miss a sale. My favorite store is Bealls. It is a Florida dept store. I think maybe have some in Ga, or Carolinas. Anyway, what I have liked is that you can buy shorts in the winter. They have fantastic sales. Last week they had buy one clearnace item get 2nd for $.01. My surgeon says, "yes, there are worse things than clothing addiction!" Hah! He is not my husband. Haha! My husband feeds this addiction, too! Miss ya'll. KAren (kl724)

What is first bite syndrome?

What is first bite syndrome?

First bite syndrome: You feel "full", or like you're getting "stuck" with the first few bites. But if you take a break... rest a few minutes, it goes away. Surprised that hot liquid is not helping you.

'Twas the month after Christmas,

And all through the house,

Nothing would fit me,

Not even a blouse.

16_10_9.gif

The Cookies I'd nibbled,

The chocolate I'd taste

At the holiday parties

Had gone to my waist.

10_8_9.gif

When I got on the scales

There arose such a number!

When I walked to the store

(less a walk than a lumber),

12_1_3v.gif 15_8_6.gif

I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared;

The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,

The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese

And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."

As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt

And prepared once again to do battle with dirt...

I said to myself, as I only can,

"You can't spend a Summer, disguised as a man!"

10_8_2.gif

So, away with the last of the sour cream dip.

Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip.

Every last bit of food that I like must be banished

Till all the additional ounces have vanished.

I won't have a cookie, not even a lick.

I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.

I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie.

I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.

I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore...

But isn't that what January is for?

Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.

Happy New Year to all, and to all a good diet.

7_5_137.gif 7_5_138.gif 36_35_8.gif 7_5_141.gif

7 years banded now esophagus dilation - no more adjustments fills. Anyone on this thread have this?

VERY INTERESTED I HAVEN,T HAD IT WHAT IS IT AND WHY DID YOU NEED IT

Hi

I was banded on 12/28/12, I'll be 65 in May and I have to say I'm happy I did it. I have not lost a tremendous amount of weight. I was 254 when I got banded and now I 'm 229. That's 25 lbs and I've had one fill but it I don't think my fill was enough because I'm still hungry but it's a process of trial and error until you hit that sweet spot.

Hi

I was banded on 12/28/12' date=' I'll be 65 in May and I have to say I'm happy I did it. I have not lost a tremendous amount of weight. I was 254 when I got banded and now I 'm 229. That's 25 lbs and I've had one fill but it I don't think my fill was enough because I'm still hungry but it's a process of trial and error until you hit that sweet spot.[/quote']

Your a success! Twenty five pounds is a signifigant loss. I'm a slow loser too, been banded 11 months, and lost 33. Ive had ups and downs, but haven't had any "stuck" episodes, so am very grateful for that. I turned 70 last week. I have had several fills...SMALL ones. My surgeon is slow and cautious and doesn't do "overfills." That can be major problems in itself. Weight loss slows after the first year, which I knew beforehand. Even if I don't lose anymore poundage, I don't think ...or hope anyway, that I will pack on the pounds Gain. I go to my doctor every single month to get evaluated. We discuss my options and I take his advice. Keep trying and hang in there! We older Ladies know how to get over the hurdles and Enjoy Life. Good luck to you!

Sent from Angel's iPad using LapBandTalk

Your a success! Twenty five pounds is a signifigant loss. I'm a slow loser too' date=' been banded 11 months, and lost 33. Ive had ups and downs, but haven't had any "stuck" episodes, so am very grateful for that. I turned 70 last week. I have had several fills...SMALL ones. My surgeon is slow and cautious and doesn't do "overfills." That can be major problems in itself. Weight loss slows after the first year, which I knew beforehand. Even if I don't lose anymore poundage, I don't think ...or hope anyway, that I will pack on the pounds again. I go to my doctor every single month to get evaluated. We discuss my options and I take his advice. Keep trying and hang in there! We older Ladies know how to get over the hurdles and Enjoy Life. Good luck to you!

Sent from Angel's iPad using LapBandTalk[/quote']

Sent from Angel's iPad using LapBandTalk

Hi all: havn't been on this site in a long while either. Seems to have changed but maybe its just me changing my ways. Banded in July 2011....coming up on two years. I am happy with the band...although I am beginning to put on some weight now and its getting me concerned. Was 223 initially and lost 50 lbs to go to 173. I felt great and looked great at that weight...being 5' 6" tall. Not looking to be a skinny person especially at 65 years old. Now a few lbs. have been creeping up on me. I'm at 180 and getting concerned. Must go back to dr. and see if they will give me an adjustment...by the way I never had one yet. The band itself gave me some restriction to lose the 50 lbs. so they would not even consider it. I think now its time. What do you ladies think?? Does the fill really help you with the weight loss and control of the appetite. My Dr. was against it because I did have a few stuck episodes w/o getting a fill. Now I haven't had a stuck incident in over 6 months and can eat almost everything....maybe too much. Comments please....need some advice! Thanks, Chris