Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone stuck?

Hey Weazer:

I respect that with the 3.5 fill and you knowing how to handle up on your business. I feel that I am borderline too much right now, but I am scared to take out because he might take out too much. If I gain or have problems, I will check into the barium swallow, but right now I will just hang on to what I have for now. I can relate to feeling different about myself. But I surely hope that I can handle being as small as my desire is to be. I want to wear little clothes I tell my daughter, instead of all of those hide all of me clothes. I told her she is going to have a hoochy moma, just kidding. But I will be wearing some of those little cute clothes I have been wishing I could wear all these fat years that have gone by. My body was so adapt to carrying all this weight, I know it really hates to turn it loose. But guess what, I intend to get my way this time with the help of the band. My compliments are just starting to happen from a few of my friends. It is very rare to get compliments around these parts, bad gossip easy, but I blame it on this ole world. And after all I did this for myself not the world. Have a great day........KC

Hi everybody,

Just a quick note now but for your amusement till later. I go to support meetings with other lapbandsters and they were whining about "I've plateaud for a week, for two weeks! Whine whine, gimme the cheese :thumbup:

I raised my hand and said I've plateaud for 5 months. Their mouths fell open and then they picked apart my life.

Great support. I was doing the very same thing I was doing before the plateau and lost 50 pounds.

Well since then, doing the same old things, I've lost 8 pounds. Hmm

Wonder what they'll say next meeting.

Have patients

like they said here!!!

This is not a race, this is not a race, really!!

Diane banded 07 Christmas

I like this thread. I too am a very slow loser. In fact I haven't lost any weight since being banded. Pre op I lost 15, post op gained 5 within 2 weeks. I was banded April 25th, 08. I feel good though and haven't gained any more. My eating habits have changed, I have started excersising and yet my body is holding on to this weight. I trust it will eventually start to move. It is weird though because I used to lose weight much faster! The reason I feel okay about this plateau at the very beginning of my journey is because I feel really good, I don't have to diet, (starve) I can eat real food just a lot less of it. I have only had one fill so far and I do feel restriction so this is good. My body just needs to let this weight go! Anyway, slow and steady wins the race! Best of luck to all!

I had not lost weight since my banding at Christmas. I lost about 45 pounds from July to my banding and that's where I was at. I weighed 225 for 5 months. Finally I weigh 214. Like I said before I have not changed a thing but my body finally got kick started again. Or at least I think so. It must puzzle the surgeon why I could lose weight before the band and not after. But I'm just happy I am.

Schools out next week and since I will be unemployed for the summer, I'm going to join a gym. My support team will be thrilled.

If I put a little effort into this who knows how far I can go.

Thanks for saying you didn't lose weight after being banded. That was nice to hear.

It's not a race.

I'm stuck as well. I'm eating around a cup of food for ever meal and snacking in between and have been for a couple of months. I've been TRYING to lose weight eating this amount, but it's just not going to happen even though I'm exercising a lot. I'm scheduled for a fill in two days and I'm going back on a STRICT band diet. I've gotten really lazy on following it... In the beginning of being with the band I would 'cheat' a little, but more and more bad things have been sneaking in. Good luck to everyone else and I hope to get more involved on the forums again. They really help me to remember why I did all of this.

Can you share some example of some things you eat?? I am open to veggie food.... but had gotten a veggie dog stuck one time at a food ball game... was hurting for hours!! So just curious about some of the things that work well for you ~ Kristi

I was stuck for 7 months! I'd gain and lose the same 4-5 pounds. I have about 30 lbs to goal, so that's really frustrating.

Finally I decided to go back to Weight Watchers and record absolutely EVERYTHING I eat. Also, I did a one week full liquids diet to jump start me. The scale has started to move again and I'm doing really well. :tongue2:

Also, one thing that's worked really well for me is to give up sugar completely. I don't get those terrible carbohydrate afternoon cravings anymore. It took 4 or 5 days of withdrawal, nervousness, crankiness and bad cravings, but once I got past that, it was so much better. I just always felt a little out of control with the sugar thing.

Oh man, am I. Was doing so good, although I lose weight slowly. Banded two years ago next month and down 80 pounds. Cannot get last 25 off. Been losing and gaining 1 to 2 pounds since before Xmas. I exercise too! Very frustrating, but then again, my tastes have changed. I ate very much more nutritionally when I was heavy. Now I favor liquids, creamy Soups, ice cream, candy - have developed a sweet tooth ironically. Am low in Iron due to bad diet. Just don't like the way food feels in my stomach sometime, although I don't think I am too tight. Drinking coffee and Diet Coke too...probably doing everything wrong and I am a scientist! I will try harder.

I have only 8 pounds to go. But I have been stuck right here for the past 3-4 weeks. I was hoping to meet my goal before my second fill on July 19. I may have to go back to liquids for a while. Or maybe I should not have taken those trips to Ft. Lauderdale and New Orleans. LOL:rolleyes2:

I was stuck between 220 and 224 for about 6 months. I didn't give up hope I made sure I went to the doctor for fills and and tried exercising more and changing up my diet and nothing worked!!! I just had to ride it out. In May I went to my doctors office and I was 225 that day. They gave me a slight fill and it put me right at my sweet spot. Since that time 6 weeks ago I've lost 10 lbs now. You just have to ride it out, keep getting your fills and doing what you gotta do. Your body will eventually respond and you will starting losing again!

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. I seem to have hit a plateau and that is making the emotional eating demons return.