Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Fabulous Fourties!!!

Hello everyone, my name is Phyllis, but my friends call me PA. I will be 49 yrs old in May and I have not received my band yet but I have been approved! My doctor's appointment is 02/27, and I am scared and excited. I am hoping to have surgery soon and get on with my life. My husband and I leave for Hawaii the middle of May so I hope to be recovered and involved in a routine, (and smaller) by the time we leave. How long do I need to take off work? My job is not physically hard but I do spend alot of time behind the wheel of a car. Is there anything I need to expect? :confused2: Thanks for any info!!

Hi, My first day on this site, I will be 45 march 14, from Mo and just starting the wls process, after wasting a year from mis-communication, however, I believe things happen for a reason, and I know this board will be wonderful, supportive and helpful, for all of us, any help or info will be greatly appreciated, GOOD LUCK TO ALL, barb

Hi all,

I'm 41 tomorrow!! woo hoo. My first appointment with the nurse to begin the process is on Wednesday (can hardly wait!) and I then have to wait until October to have the surgery because of health insurance waiting periods.

Hi, I turned 40 last July. It was one of the reasons of getting the band. I also have two young children. 6 and 3 1/2. I want to be active with them. I am not the best bander. I do need a kick in the butt. I think I need another fill too. I have been kicking around the last 3 pounds for about 2 months now. I live in Massachusetts and the weather has been really cold here. My exercise of choice is walking, but it is hard to get out there when it is freezing. I am tired of being overweight. I have been overweight since I have been 10 years old.

Hi fab 40's!

I will be 46 on 9/11 - and I am LOVING my 40's. I feel now that I'm in my 40's, I know WHO I am, and I'm doing the best I can. I've started to live each day trying to attract the things I want in life by sending the same energy out into the world.

I have 2 magnets on my fridge that I love :

Be the change you want to see in the world.

:thumbup: DANCE as though no one is watching you,

LOVE as though you have never been hurt before,:eek::)

SING:hurray: as though no one can hear you,

:wub:LIVE as though heaven is on earth.

- Souza

Just made it to 50 lbs in 5 mos! Wahooo! I love my band.

Brenda

Got the O.k. from my boss so I am scheduled for surgery 2/20. Now I guess I'll get nervous:confused:

Good luck Sarah! Mine will be March 5 and I'm freaking out a little more every day. :smile2: Pre-op is this Friday. Can't wait to get all those complicated instructions. :thumbup:

I turned 48 last week. Wish I'd done this a few years ago but no use regretting it. I guess I had to come to this at my own pace. I hope my skin has some elasticity left!

Hi all,

I'm 41 tomorrow!! woo hoo. My first appointment with the nurse to begin the process is on Wednesday (can hardly wait!) and I then have to wait until October to have the surgery because of health insurance waiting periods.

Hey we have the same birthday! Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday Sun and Steph!

Luv2laugh, I am a year older than you pretty close to the same BMI and have also lost 50lbs in 5 months! Here's to the next 50! When I started this, I wanted to lose 75lbs. After the first 30 I said well, maybe 100lbs. Now I want to lose 119! I also said If I lose 50lbs in the first year I will be happy. Now I want to lose 100 lbs in the first year! But I guess looking back, I can be happy whereever I end up from here as long as it is down! :biggrin:

I am feeling so much more confident and better about myself. I get frustrated on the weeks when I don't lose but then I recover and keep doing what I know will work. The weight will come off and the inches will go down!

Keep up the good work all!:wink2:

Val

i had a hard time when i turned 40. im 43 now. i felt like i had done everything i wanted to do . all my financial goals are met and my career was successful. i have traveled and done so much. so i felt like ok now what. so i went shopping. new fast sports car......... i got over that .... after a speeding ticket... now im ok with 40 ... but it was hard. i set new goals and feel like my life is really at the best place . the future is wide open...

I am getting nervous but excited too!! I have pre-admission testing and class on the 14th. I can't believe that after almost a year (9 months to be exact) I am finally getting to have this done. I hope I am not disappointed with the results. Good luck and I can't wait to talk with you when we're both "Banded"

Hi Everyone,

My name is Misty. I live in the Seattle area. I was banded yesterday. Im still a little loopy from all the pain medicine. I am hoping to make some new friends on this site. I dont know many people who have been banded.

Take care, :rolleyes:

Misty

Misty,

Good luck....it sounds like a cliche' but it really is a journey. The first few weeks are filled with emotions. Just know that it is all worth it in the end. I could not be happier! I feel like I am me again and can't believe I was missing so much for so long!

Stay on this site....it will help in so many ways!

Congratulation