Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Fabulous Fourties!!!

Hi fellow 40s! I will be 44 in February. I'll be celebrating my band birthday on July 2nd, though! I weigh less now than I have in 16 years!:smile: I think the 40s are going to be better than 30s...can't get any worse where the weight is concerned...I hope not anyways!

Good luck to my fellow FABULOUS FIT 40s!

Chrisann, I too thought I would bounce back faster...and then I remembered "I'm 42 not 22!!!" My mind keeps thinking it is 22 and I have to remember that I'm in the body of a 42 year old. We don't recover as fast I have discovered.

You're not alone.

Hello everyone,

My name is Barbara. I am 44 yrs old soon to be 45 in March. I plan on being banded the 1st week of March. I am very excited about it all. I have a duahgter who is graduating this year and going off to college. After 17yrs of being a single mother, I am looking forward to some "ME" time. I look forward to communicating with you all and leaning on you all for that extra support when times get tough.

4mykidzinVale,

I also just found out that I'm going to be a grandma, no one bothered to ask me if I was ready either (LOL). :rolleyes2:

Funny thing is my mother was the same age and I remember her being excited when I told her but I'm still in shock. I'll be 41 in July.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

On another note, did anyone get their band at 40, like me, and take more than 10 days to feel good? My stitches don't itch or hurt anymore, but I am feeling crummy. Knowing my body, I really thought I was going to bounce back faster.

Yes yes yes. I was about 40 1/2 when I had the band done and I remember being so surprised at the amount of pain I had and how long it took me to heal. I took 3 weeks off from work!

Hello everyone,

My name is Barbara. I am 44 yrs old soon to be 45 in March. I plan on being banded the 1st week of March. I am very excited about it all. I have a duahgter who is graduating this year and going off to college. After 17yrs of being a single mother, I am looking forward to some "ME" time. I look forward to communicating with you all and leaning on you all for that extra support when times get tough.

Hi Barbara (thats my mother's name too). Welcome! I am loving my 40's too, I am spending more and more time on "ME" for the first time in my life. I haven't focussed on "ME" since I was in my early 20's. Needless to say, another reason I got so out of shape, or should I just say, MORBIDLY OBESE as the doctors refer to it. lol. My kids are 15 & 17, and don't require as much of their mommy as they used to, so I spend more time on ME, and I think we deserve it!

You will love being a grandma. I have 3 sons my oldest gave me a granddaughter in 2006 and his wife will deliver girl #2 in April. How did you lose wt so fast. I was banded in Nov. 2007 1st fill Jan. 10 no wt loss after fill.

Hello All! I am going to be 48 on Feb. 10th. I was banded on January 23, 2008. I am excited to say I will be a graduate of Baker College in June...have been offered to teach 2 classes at Baker!:redface: To think that I might be in front of a class teaching???lol I am well on my way to a really good and new life now. I just hope things keep going this way, although the bumps in the road makes life interesting...and meeting others makes it even a better life for me...teaching would open up a lot of new doors for me. If someone would have told me 5years ago this would be my path I travel I would have laugh at them. Well, be kind to yourself and you will be Bless!~WhirlWinds~

Hey all.....

I only have 363 days to stay here I have to make sure they are GREAT ONES! Yes, I turned 49 on Jan 23 so I'm in the "home stretch"! After that, I'll be crashing the 50's party!

I'm going to poke around and see what we're all talking about!

Looking forward to being here!

Judi

Hi my name is Jackie. I am 46 will be 47 in two weeks. I was banded Aug.15 and am now down 36.5 pounds. I can hardly wait for the 50 lb. mark. I want to have cute clothes this summer!

JP

I'm Diane and I was banded May '07. I'm 43, going to turn 44 on Valentine's day.

So far, the 40s have been the best and the worst of times!

Hello All! I am going to be 48 on Feb. 10th. I was banded on January 23, 2008. I am excited to say I will be a graduate of Baker College in June...have been offered to teach 2 classes at Baker!:frown: To think that I might be in front of a class teaching???lol I am well on my way to a really good and new life now. I just hope things keep going this way, although the bumps in the road makes life interesting...and meeting others makes it even a better life for me...teaching would open up a lot of new doors for me. If someone would have told me 5years ago this would be my path I travel I would have laugh at them. Well, be kind to yourself and you will be Bless!~WhirlWinds~

I think I am your long-lost twin!! LOL My birthday is Feb 10th, I will also be 48, I am 5' 1" and will have my Lap Band Surgery done by Dr Schram!!! I just got my insurance approval letter today, and am really psyched!! I can't wait to call and see what happens next!! So, what does happen next? No detail to large or too small, please tell all....:tt1:

They will call with your pre-test day, then in a week they will call with your surgery date and time to be there. I had my pre-test on 1/9/08 then my surgery on 1/23/08. Be happy! and try to stay calm. I had friends take me out for my last meal(lol) on the 21st, I had steak, baked potato and some green beans...I have to admit it was three meals for me! I have been doing the full liquids for the 2 weeks prior to see if I could handle it. Which I could and lost weight. I weighed 215 at pre-testing, 206 at surgery!:rolleyes2: So, just try to relax and be good to yourself! Remeber why you are doing this and what the result can be. I also pray everyday and say thank you to GOD. I am doing good and feeling great everyday!

Be Bless!

~WhirlWinds~

Oh yeah, on the pre-test day you will be very busy, they will give you a book for the surgery you will have done. I read it everyday and check what I need to do to remind me! Good luck! let us all know when your surgery is.

Be Bless!

~WhirlWinds~

The day after I got the approval letter, I called the Clinic to see what to do next. Cindy asked me when I wanted to have the surgery, and I replied "Yesterday!" She then said be careful what you wish for, and then said she needed to call me back. So about 1/2 hour later, she called and asked if I could come down to Ypsilanti the very next day for pre admission. Even though they were forcasting a winter snow warning, I said I would be there!! When I got there, they told me my surgery would be Feb 5th!!!!! WOW!! I am very, very lucky to be at the right place at the right time (Thank You God!!) so next Tuesday at 6 am I will be starting the rest BEST of my life!!! Thanks for all the tips and prayers, I need them, and I will continue to need them!!!

Can anyone tell me what they feel to be the best Protein source that can be used right after surgery??