Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 years in Feb!

Hi All! I am interested in how other folks banded as long as I have been are doing. I am down 130 lbs and have about 50 more to go to make me happy- don't get me wrong - I am very happy with my results now but want to get to my ultimate goal. It is winter in Minnesota and I am not a winter person. I powerwalk my dog every morning ( when it is above -10and the sidewalks are not solid ice!) do 3 days of strength training with bands at home and 3 days of the dreaded exersize bike but no matter what i do it does not near the exercize i get in the summer so I am stalled. I was too tight for awhile and had some removed a couple months ago and I seem to be able to eat more. Also around Christmas, i discovered or should say rediscovered Cookies. Never ate them when i was low carb but actually baked this year. Big mistake! So, I have gained and relost the same 6 lbs a few times. I am back on track now and am trying all different things to get moving again. I still find it hard to believe how much of a difference this has made. I have a neck! I am down to an 18/20 and it still amazes me that I can shop in stores instead of just the catalogues, and I have a ton of energy:biggrin:.

So, i am curious, how is everyone else doing?

Gayle

I am so glad you posted. I was banded March 2006. I weighed 375 and I am at 259 right now. However, for the last four months I have gained and lost the same 8lbs. I exercise 6 days a week. My last fill was in June 2007 until the week of Christmas and the surgeon did give me another fill. I have been very frustrated with the amount of food I can eat lately and I also have been eating the WRONG foods. I do feel so much better and love going in a regular store and buying clothes - but I am so scared this is all going to go away and I will fail once again. Once again - thanks for your post it was good to hear someone else's journey.

Lapbandster-

You have done great and should be proud of yourself for coming this far!

I think we all keep that thought of failure in the back of our minds. Everyone where I work knows what i have done and compliment me on my progress and I don't think i could handle the looks if i do start gaining again. Living in Minnesota I don't get out much in the winter- the walk with the dog in the morning - and in house exercize is not the same. I need to work harder on watching what I eat- I spend too much time in the house! When spring comes i am outside all the time and get much more exercise. It bothers me also that I am holding but I have come this far i WILL go the rest of the way! It might just take me awhile....

I was banded also in 2006 have had a few fills now I think I need another, I would love to keep in touch it sounds like we have the same story. I have lost over 100 pounds but still need to loose more as in my post says.

I am stumped I have the older 4 cc band, I have had it for a couple of years, long story but I am still learning about the band. I got a fill in Feb of this year up to 3cc I lived with the pb and not being able to eat out and all of that. I have lost a lot of weight but still have more to loose. After reading on this site I have learned that I was to tight and it is dangerous to be to tight. So I went back to doc and he let it out to 2.6, now I am able to eat what I want most of the time, to much in fact. I can eat white bread and I can even eat Breakfast. I do not want to gain weight I still have 70 pounds I would love to loose. I am thinking of going back for a fill, it has been about 3 weeks since he let out .4cc. I think with this band the numbers are very different than with the newer bands. Does anyone know anything about this older band. I do feel restriction when it comes to eating meats but nothing when it comes to eating pie, I know I know I should not eat that but I am being honest here. Fill or no fill that is the question I am askin here

I have been in Canada and just saw your message. I would love to keep in touch because it has now been 8 months and I have not lost 1 lb. In fact I gained 7. I have been suffering from what they initially thought was plantar fasciitis flare up but after 8 weeks I finally convinced the physical therapist that my pain was not getting better and it was different than any other plantar fasciitis flare ups I have had in the last 20 years. So they now realize it was a stress fracture and I have not been able to exercise for 8 weeks. That has not helped. I did go get a fill last week and hopefully this will help. I totally understand the meat restriction and the "chocolate" going down with no pain. It seems after this amount of time I have fell back into the "bad old habits" that kept me at 350 lbs for 10 years. It is one more example of weightloss surgery is not the panacea people that are skinny think. It is still hard work after surgery. And surgery does not change the brain. I will be 55 next month - so I feel like I am running out of time. Although, I will never regret the 18,000 I spent for this surgery if I don't lose another pound. I couldn't manage to lose this much before and keep it off. That is why I freaked out when I started to gain. I feel like I have gained and lost the same 5 lbs for 8 months. Keep in touch and guess this really just one day at a time.

Oh yeah, I have the same band as you so I would love to hear if the newer ones are more successful.

Kay

Hello and Good morning

All is wet in the state of Illinois. We got a lot of IKE they say almost 7 inches of rain in less than two days. But it has finally stopped. I too have lots of problems with the up and down of weight. I got some fill out as I told you before in the post and now it is alowing me to eat lots and lots. I am trying to not do that. I have to for now but I wanted to let you know I am here and we can not stop no matter the age. 55 is not that old still lots of living to do girl.

Write to ya soon