Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Sept 2005 Hows it going?

Hi All,

And thank you Alex for adding 2005!!

I was wondering how everyone is doing?

I haven't been on the scale since the beging of Dec and at that point I had been maintaining since the end of Sept. I am so not into the scale.

I am hoping that I maintained though the holidays. It's been hard and I have been eating any type of sweets I can find.

This morning I had my DH take out the last of the Cookies so now they are gone.

172 is where I've been hanging give or take 2 pounds. I'd really like to hit my 168 soon! My personal goal is 160 then I'll consider TT.

Hey there Dianne! Shoot I forgot you were a Sep 05 bandster like me. By the way, did you ever find out about the discount for those garments through NewHope's website? I finally ordered my free doorprize garment. I should get it next week. I'll have to keep you posted on what I think of it. Darlene says she wears one and loves it so I'm sure I'll like it to.

Have you heard from Karen (GoingGoingGone)? Last she posted she was on her way to Mexico to see about a leak in her band. I hope she is OK.

We should send an invitation to everyone that use to post on the other thread to come over here. Lately I've been posting in the Sept 2006 thread for lack of a more active place to post. I really enjoy being able to have a thread where I can talk with people that have had the band as long as we have and has experienced some of the same issues.

LOL Hi Diane, That is so funny I forgot too that your Sept 05.

I asked Alex to ad us and he did instantly.

I was not able to find out anything on the discount. I wonder it that was just something for the first week.

If I remember correctly I think Darlene said that they would be coming back in for another support group at some time.

How are you feeling? Hows the Tummy Tuck going?

I have been starting out everyday with starting to get back on track! I sure hope today is that day!

It's rainy and cold here today. We had some snow. You would think that the world was going to end!

Have you seen any of the TV ads? I'd love your feed back from them.

I'm so glad you posted here! Your right we should somehow notify all the 9/05ers.

LOL Hi Diane, That is so funny I forgot too that your Sept 05.

I asked Alex to ad us and he did instantly.

I was not able to find out anything on the discount. I wonder it that was just something for the first week.

If I remember correctly I think Darlene said that they would be coming back in for another support group at some time.

I think the gal from Contour is due back in February. At least that was the plan. I will either wait and see what she says to the group then or if she calls to see what I think of my garment I'll ask her then. (Yeah I finally picked one over a month later!)

How are you feeling? Hows the Tummy Tuck going?

Feeling pretty good except my bum shoulder. But it is feeling a little better these last couple days. My physical therapist still thinks I may need surgery but I'm going to fight it if I can. The TT is completely healed up and I can even go without my Spanx for a day without it feeling too uncomfortable. Though the Doc still wants me wearing it 24/7 for now.

I have been starting out everyday with starting to get back on track! I sure hope today is that day!

:tt1: I've been telling myself the exact same thing for the last couple months. Heck! for the last YEAR! But fingers crossed so far this week I actually seem to be sticking to it. I stumbled on a thread about taking a 2-day Say no to Carbs Challenge and decided to join in. After all as the original poster said anyone can can commit to a 48 hour diet. The idea was to purge our bodies of the carbs and therefore break that carb addition cycle. And I got to say I think it helped.

It's rainy and cold here today. We had some snow. You would think that the world was going to end!

We snowed here last night as well. Didn't hear the news but think it was 2-3 inches. Kansas City isn't as far south or warm as Texas but sometimes I still wonder about the drivers and the road crews. In Nebraska 2" would be nothing. But here nearly every school was closed and the roads were so bad from inadequate plowing that I was only driving 35 miles an hour on a 70mph interstate. And even at 35 I didn't feel to terribly safe.

Have you seen any of the TV ads? I'd love your feed back from them.

I TIVO everything I watch so I usually fast forward through all the commercials But I'll keep an eye out for the commercials and slow it down to watch them and give you some feedback. Can you give me a brief synopsis of one so I know what I'm watching for while they are whizzing by?

I'm so glad you posted here! Your right we should somehow notify all the 9/05ers.

If one of us gets a chance I think we should go hunt a few of their profiles down and PM them about the thread. If we both end up PM'ing the same person, no harm, they'll just see how much they are missed.

Im so happy to see this addition to the site! I have not been on for quite some time but its great to keep up with how we are all doing this far out from our surgery dates. Sunsett, HI PARTNER!!! (We had our surgery the same day!)!

God, it's been rough out there alone. I've gained 17 lbs since i had my fill taken down from 1.85 to 1.4 in 9/07. Had a fill on monday and i'm back up to 1.8. I'm going to make my band work for me this time - i know I have to work with it in order for it to work with me. Well just want to say Hello and glad to be home:thumbup:

Edited by LovelyLT
typo

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi again.

I've been struggling with weight gain since an unfill in Sept 07 as well. I've had several re-fills but still can't seem to relose those pounds. I know it is mostly head issues at this point but sometimes I worry I may also have a bit of a slipped band. If I could only commit to following the bandster rules again for a couple weeks to see if I still have problems I'd go back in and start asking for some tests to confirm or rule out a slip.