Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many calories?

I see that most people are the 1000 to 1200 calories a day. Althought it seems that some people are dropping poounds quicker. How much and what type of excersie are you doing? I was banded on 4-22-08 lost 25 pounds prior to surgery but have only lost 10 pounds since surgery HELP! :thumbup:

I work out at Curves five or six times a week. I also try to add more walking into my daily activities.

I stay around 1000 on average with variability between 800 to 1200. When I am on the top or bottom of the range, weight loss slows to a crawl so I try to stick to 1000.

I am working out like crazy and have been so for months now. I am really starting to notice a lot of toning and the scale definitely drops more when I am drinking a lot of Water and making exercise a daily part of my life. Exercising includes biking, going to the gym and doing step classes, weight training, or elliptical/treadmill work. I average 1 hour a day or so.

I'm holding at about 1300-1500 calories a day, trying to get it lower though :smile2:

Hi,

Everyone Ist of all I haven't been on for a while becuse my weight loss hasn't been fast at all. My Dr. saids 6 lbs a month is very good to lose but I see other people who have had the band done and they have lost 50+ lbs. I really get discouraged but I do it to my self because I DON"T stick to eating right everyday but I have lost close to 30lbs since March 27th. Everyone of my friends say thats good but others say "how come its taking you so long to lose it". I just wish people would leave me alone and never knew I had the surgery. I can't tell you how close friends of mine have said " well you look thinner since the last time I saw you. Do I say to them " well you look fatter since the last time I seen you, no I don't even talk about WEIGHT. I know I am babeling on but I am just depressed I guess. Sorry I just needed to talk to someone I can't even talk to my husband about it because he saids stop eating so much and you'll lose the weight. See what I mean !!!!!! Haartsdream@aol.com

WOOOO! I am now allowed to post in the 50+ to lose! I used to be in the 100+ :). Now I've got about 79-89 lbs to lose, depending on whether I want to be 160 or 150 when I'm done.

I've been walking a lot, and am going to start doing Yoga Booty Ballet twice a week for toning. I've been chubby and overweight my entire life, so I'm very worried that I'm going to have loose skin. I've started a cosmetic surgery fund, just in case, for afterwards! :biggrin:

Now that I'm at a good spot with my fills, the weight feels like it's falling off. I hit a huge roadblock right after surgery (losing only 3 lbs in 4 months!), but now am down another 11 lbs since July 10th. Hopefully by the end of the week it'll be down 14 lbs. :cool2:

Off to work out!

Hi all,

I have lost about sixty pounds since I started my journey, but I don't think i am losing as much as I could. I will start counting my cals as much as I hate it. I think I am eating 1000-1500 a day, with a 4cc fill. I do not excerise which i am going to change. I have been walking my mother's dog on the weekend Ha Ha Ha!!!! I do not have enough restriction I can still eat more than a cup of food. I still am looking for the swet spot. We can do this:smile:

Kim:thumbup:

About 1500 to 1800 - I lost well albeit slightly slowly at this level and now maintain effortlessly. I dont really count them, but when I do, that's about where it falls.

I was wondering how you are able to eat just 1800 cal and run like you do. Shouldn't you be eating more at this point? I was wondering because I am working out at the gym. Cardo plus weights 4 times a week. Today I burned 415 cal on the eliptical and then did the weight circut. So thats probably over 500 cal. Well if I'm eating 1000 a day how can I maintain my energy level. I still have to work and live life. Just wondering how you did it.

WOOOO! I am now allowed to post in the 50+ to lose! I used to be in the 100+ :smile2:. Now I've got about 79-89 lbs to lose, depending on whether I want to be 160 or 150 when I'm done.

I've been walking a lot, and am going to start doing Yoga Booty Ballet twice a week for toning. I've been chubby and overweight my entire life, so I'm very worried that I'm going to have loose skin. I've started a cosmetic surgery fund, just in case, for afterwards! :smile2:

Now that I'm at a good spot with my fills, the weight feels like it's falling off. I hit a huge roadblock right after surgery (losing only 3 lbs in 4 months!), but now am down another 11 lbs since July 10th. Hopefully by the end of the week it'll be down 14 lbs. :frown2:

Off to work out!

Hey Nurse, how long did it take you to get the right fill amount? I have had 2 fills for a total of 5 ml in my 10 ml realize and have only lost five lbs which was immediately after banding. I hope hope hope that my tummy tightens up a bit, as I had my last fill a week ago today and started solids yesterday with minimal restriction. I can and do eat too much to loose

Today I started back low carbing as this seems to be the only way I can loose without restriction. I had good restriction for a long time with my first band before it went bad, (long story posted on several other threads) so i know what good restriction is like. I was glad to see someone else who started out slow but is making it work for them. Thanks, Corliss

i am at about 1000-1200 a day but the weird thing is when I eat closer to 1300 or 1500 i see myself losing a few pounds as opposed to staying in the 1000-1200 range where the scale semi stays the same. its weird.

Try using myfitnesspal.com or the app to log what you eat. Been a real eye opener!