Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How this works ???

I am 5'3 but when I was in for my fill they said 130 was too light- 141 would be the ideal. I did reset my ticker to 140. I don't want to look sickly but I can always continue to loose wt, if I am not satisfied at 140. I am doing reverse psychology. If I make it to my new goal, I will feel successful. If I set my goal too hard and don't make it I will feel like a failure even if I get to 140. So I'm out to trick my brain and attain a victory!

Nume - maybe they know more about weight than we do. I set my goal at 120. I'm 5'0". My doc says that's too low as well and said I should shoot for 130. Also, it would be easier to maintain.

I don't know - it sounds kindof high for me. Depending on the chart I can weigh between 95 (not happening) and 128.

I guess I will do a self review when I get there and see if I'm happy with the results.

{{hugs}}

wombat

Hey.. I am new to this site.. haven't yet gone for a consult (yet). I have about 50lbs to loose and really interested in this procedure. Is the 2 week liquid diet prior to surgery a must? I know you have to be on a liquid diet after the procedure to restart your digestive system but it seems harsh to do it any more then a few days before the surgery...

Is losing the 50lbs realistic in a calendar year?

Thanks

TMegs

TMegs, not everyone is prescribed a liquid diet prior to surgery. It depends on whether your surgeon feels that your liver might be too big prior to surgery. A preop liquid diet is prescribed so that the liver will use up its glycogen stores and shrink, so it's not quite so in-the-way when they are banding you. I wasn't prescribed a liquid diet preop, but some people are--just depends on you and your surgeon. Of course everyone is on liquids post op, and slowly progresses back to a regular diet--this is to give your stomach time to heal securely around the band before you start making it churn and work with real solid food. It's important to follow whatever diet (pre and post op) that you are prescribed. liquids are tough but it's not for long, and it's for your long term health. If you follow your diet and your rules you shouldn't have to do it more than once (for that long--after that you have liquids for usually a day or two after every fill--that seems to be what most surgeons recommend but not all).

Yes, losing 50 lbs is reasonable in a year, depending of course on how much you have to lose to start with. If you lost only 1 lb per week on average (the average weight loss is 1-2lb/week) you will lose 52 lbs in 1 year.

Hi Everyone:

What a fabulous 15 months it's been. I started dieting on 4/23/07 and got banded on 7/26/07. I've lost 140 pounds so far. I have 25 pounds to get to my goal of 159.

Any suggestions on how to kick it up a notch to get the last 25 off? I've been playing around with the same two to four pounds for a couple of weeks now and it's pi$$ing me off.

I already exercise 1 1/2 to 2 hours per day. So, increasing the exercise isn't possible. Should I go no-carb? I've never done that before. Have you?

Please let me know if you have any tricks.

Thanks.

Sue

Hey Sue-

I couldn't tell where you are at with fills, but I too am in a slump and have a fill scheduled for 8/16. If you are working out 1-2 hours a day, then what are you eating? It took me some time at the same weight before I took it back to basics:

#1 FILL

#2 MEASURE food

#3 COUNT CALORIES

#4 GYM

THEN....if I don't loose I will go back to #1

hello, could u please tell me how much weight loss u had to go for because i trying to find a similar situation i have a bmi of 34 and about 48 lbs to loose just wondering if this is going to be my long run fix for ever as i have lost weight a lot times but alwayz gained it back ,,,pls let me know ur demographics........thanks amy

Hi everyone, I am anxiously awaiting Tuesday. I have been on a liquid diet for two weeks and have lost almost 10 lbs. That leaves 43 to go. Like many of you, I have lost and gained so many times in the past 25 yrs., I quit counting. I just can't maintain. At 56, I am counting on this to be my answer. :)

you've done great a size 4 u dont need 2 lose probably just tone

i have no clue im all must 2 years out and have lost 70 pounds, if i can just loose25 more pounds hopefully i can by my 2nd yr 05/05/08

Wow, 20 to size 4!!!!! Really, so what kind of excerise did you do? Im just starting out and want to do this right and looking for real peeps who have been successful. Please give me heads up on the good and bad of the lap.

I am 5'3 but when I was in for my fill they said 130 was too light- 141 would be the ideal. I did reset my ticker to 140. I don't want to look sickly but I can always continue to loose wt, if I am not satisfied at 140. I am doing reverse psychology. If I make it to my new goal, I will feel successful. If I set my goal too hard and don't make it I will feel like a failure even if I get to 140. So I'm out to trick my brain and attain a victory!

i'm 5 foot 3 inches and 47 years old. At age 40 i was 122 pounds and looked awesome so that is what i am aspiring to. I found i could eat pretty well at that weight as well. When i get to that weight, if it starts to creep up a bit i will have no carbs for a few days and in fact intend on incorporating at least 1 day per week where i don't have carbs at all as a way to maintain weight. Good luck!