Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I throw up *multiple* times every day...

do you? Sometimes it's 2-3 times after a small meal. I have even taken to keeping bags in my car and have to use them often.

I consider it a good day if I don't vomit more than 2 times. I never go a full day without throwing up.

Anyone else in the same situation? :help:

butter

do you? Sometimes it's 2-3 times after a small meal. I have even taken to keeping bags in my car and have to use them often.

I consider it a good day if I don't vomit more than 2 times. I never go a full day without throwing up.

butter

I do not throw up every single day but some times I throw up several times in one day. At times there are times that I will throw up 2-3 times in one meal. I think I have discovered that I am eating tooooo fast, and too big of bites. I decided today that I am working real hard on that one. I go back to the dr. Jan 21 so we will see what I am looking at then.

butter

I get a little confused with this type of thread because to me, when food comes back up because of the lap band, it does not seem at all like actually "throwing up." When I really throw up, like when I'm sick, I feel awful, the vomit tastes horrible, and my stomach goes through major convulsions. When I "PB" (productive burp) from the lap band, there are no convulsions, I don't feel sick, and the food that comes up is what I just ate and it does not taste bad at all since it has never made it down to the stomach.

So, I am confused when people ask about throwing up. If you are really "throwing up" like you do when you have the flu or something, after every meal, then that sounds like a pretty major medical issue.

If instead you are having a "PB," then the band may be too tight, or you are not chewing enough, or you are eating too fast, or something like that. Check with your fill doctor/nurse about that one.

Please tell your surgeon about this. You are putting yourself at risk of a slip by allowing this to happen this often. You need to either have an unfill, or you need to be re-educated on what to eat, and how to eat it. Maybe both.

Please, please don't wait to talk with your surgeon about this!

Yep I would also definitely say talk to your surgeon about this. I was banded in October and thankfully haven't experienced a PB yet and only vomitted once when I had the flu. I hate the thought that good restriction would mean throwing up regularly.

I am Pbing pretty much every meal sometimes producing as much of a cup of saliva/mucus and that sometimes is the result of just 3 bites. I don't know why. I feel like I am taking small bites and taking my time, but nothing seems to help. I am going to talk to my fill doctor when I go in on the 10th. Also alot of it is trying to find out what foods you can and cannot eat anymore with the fills. I think it is all a learning process.

IMHO it is not normal or natural to PB or slime on a daily basis, let alone several times a day.... It sounds like the band is too tight and you may need a slight unfill... You also stand a very good chance of causing your band to slip with all of the PBing...

A call to your Dr. ASAP would probably be a good thing...

I don't want to get more of an unfill because I just got one last Thurs which brought me back to where my 2nd fill was over a month ago. I still feel like I can eat alot at this point, buy with the Pbing which is discouraging. I figure it is something I am doing because I just ate chicken salad and didn't have any problems, but a hot dog yesterday was no fun. I can't seem to figure out why some things are causing it and others are not.

Hi Stacy.... I can understand why you would not want to get a slight unfill especially if it would put you back to where you were.... It sounds to me like the bread on the hot dog is your problem.... A lot of people cannot eat bread and actually it is not recommended since it can get stuck very easily...

Also, there is the possiblility that your band may be irritated from the slimming and PBing and if I may make a suggestion that you might want to go on liquid/mushy foods again for a day or two to let your band settle down a bit before you try eating solid foods again....

Good luck and good health to you in 2008...

Hi Butterball.... Sorry to hear that you are having problems... When did you have your band surgery? Have you had any fills? Are you eating too fast and too big of bites? Have you spoken to your Dr about it?

You may need a slight unfill and it sounds like your band is irritated from vomiting all the time.... Perhaps you can go back on liquids/mushies like I suggested to Stacy in my last post...

Good luck and Be Well........

Thank you for your kind replies. =)

I think I'm having a horrible PB problem. I even get slime without having to PB. I'm going to go back to liquids for a few days.

I was banded 10-27-07 and have lost 26 pounds so far.