Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Crockpot recipes?

My slow cooker is my favourite kitchen appliance. I can't wait to try some of these recipes. I don't have one of my own to share, I just typically throw whatever I have in the pantry and fridge in there with some browned ground meat. I vary the liquids I use. Sometimes it'll be some red or white wine, sometimes chicken or beef stock, sometimes beer and I've even used Guiness. Diet Coke is a new one on me, I have to try it now. :crying:

Oh, and if your slow cooker stews manages to make it past a few days and you're thinking of more ways to serve it to your family, I make what my son has come to call "Treasure Pie", which is basically just leftovers baked in a pie crust.

I'll bake a ready-made pie crust for about 10 minutes (poking holes in it so it doesn't rise during baking) and then empty the leftovers of my stew in there. Then top it with mashed potato or sweet potato or any mashed vegetable combination of your choice and cook it for about 30 minutes until its heated all the way through. That way you you can stretch it out even further.

You guys have some really good ideas!!!

I saw a recipe for boneless chicken breasts and cover with salsa and cook 4 hours on high. Nice and easy... its on my list to try.

You guys have some really good ideas!!!

I saw a recipe for boneless chicken breasts and cover with salsa and cook 4 hours on high. Nice and easy... its on my list to try.

I made it last week. It was so good. It was moist and tender. I really enjoyed it.:smile:

Had a question 'bout the kielbasa used in the recipe? I've been warned not to eat fruits/veggies with peels intact (apples/cucumbers, etc), would the casing on the kielbasa be the same?

Denise

Had a question 'bout the kielbasa used in the recipe? I've been warned not to eat fruits/veggies with peels intact (apples/cucumbers, etc), would the casing on the kielbasa be the same?

Denise

You can buy it without the skin. I know that Eckrich makes a skinless version. I used that preband.

I love cooking in my crockpot. I am going to have to try that chili recipe. It looks good and now that it is starting to cool off, I am ready for some good chili.

i have a great football crock pot dish,i guess u can find the lower fat chz for this,use 1 pound hamburger lean if u want,i can refried Beans, taco seasoing,u can get the less sod kind,montery jack cheese, shreeed ched chz,green onions,black olivesand picta sause a larger jar,mix it all togther in crock pot on low or igh depends how soon u want it.u can use frito scoops,or lower torita chip ,i forgot to tell ya use the taco seasoning when u brown the meat first add it. this is one of the best,if u make as meal thats all you need,fills ya up fast,plus everyone loves it

Here's a great one

Pot roast

3-4lb chuck or top round roast

2tsp. minced garlic

1 16 oz low fat Italian dressing

32 oz jar pepperoncini peppers, sliced...do not drain juice

Just throw everything on top of roast in CP and cook on medium for about 6 hours.

Tortilla Soup

4 boneless chicken breasts, diced (raw)

2 14.5oz chicken broth

2 14.5oz stewed tomatoes

1 cup salsa

1Tbsp ground cumin

1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Combine everything in CP except cilantro. Cook on low for 8 hours.

Top with cilantro. Can also top with LF sour cream and a few baked tortilla chips

Greek Chicken

1lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs

2Tbsp virgin olive oil

1 onion chopped

1tsp lemon pepper

1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt

1/2 tsp dried oregano

Cook all ingredients in CP on low for 6-8 hours. Remove chicken just b/4 ready to serve and shred with fork. Return chicken to sauce and stir. Can be served alone or on a pita.

Indonesian Turkey

3 turkey breast tenderloins (about 2lbs)

1 1/2Tbsp fresh grated ginger

1Tbsp sesame oil

1/2 cup Peanut Butter

Sprinkle all ingredients over turkey. Cook on low-med. for 7 hours. Remove turkey. Stir in Peanut Butter. If sauce looks too thick, add 1/3 cup Water. Slice turkey and drizzle with sauce.

Fruited Pork

2lbs boneless pork loin roast

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

1 1/2 cups mixed dried fruit

1/2 cup apple juice

Place pork in CP. Sprinkle with salt and papper. Top with fruit. Pour apple juice over top. Cook on low for six hours.

One more

Spanish Chicken

8 skinless boneless chicken thighs

2Tbsp virgin olive oil

3/4 cup red wine vinegar

2/3 cup lite soy sauce

1tsp garlic powder

4 6" cinnamon sticks

Pour all ingredients over chicken. Break cinnamon sticks into several pieces and distribute among chicken thighs. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.

WOW! yummy recipes!

I'm doing low fat. Most of these don't seem to be low fat. I've only had 2 fills since surgery. So I can still eat a good amount. Do you all just eat regular food just really small portions to lose weight? Thanks!

I have a pork loin recp that I've condensed to be fat/calorie concious:

* 1 4lb pork loin (one that will fit your crockpot - 3/4lbs works for mine)

* Salt & Peper loin & "lightly dust" with whole wheat flour

* Sear loin on hight heated pan with light olive oil - on all sides locking in * S&P giving a light crust.

* Line the bottom of crockpot with 1/4 cup white wine / 1/2 cup fat free chicken stock / 2/3 cup of Lowerys Lemon Peper Marinade.

* Place Loin on top - add 1 seeded or unseeded (me i like hot so unseeded) jalepeno & 1 medium onion.

* Cook 4/5 hrs depending on size, you may need to add more chicken stock.

* You can add any veggies half way thru cooking process - potatos / celery / .. I use zuchinni & squash.

For those that can't eat pork, this works so well...It turns out very moist.....,

This sounds so good! I am going to the store today for the ingredients! Thanks!

Can I use jarred BBQ Sauce for the short ribs? Would I need to Water it down? I love short ribs!

When I make them I use 2 bottles of sauce and no Water. The liquid from the ribs waters down the sauce enough on it's own. I also use the boneless country ribs, the fat on them makes them more tender and comes off easily after cooking.

I have a delicious crock pot recipe that can be made full fat or low fat.

White Castles

~~~~~~~~

2 lbs ground beef (turkey can be used but changes the flavor slightly), browned and drained

1 block velveeta, cut into small cubes (can use light)

1 packet dry onion Soup mix

2 cans cream of mushroom Soup

mix in crockpot and heat thru. This tastes just like a white castle burger and can be put on crackers, a wrap, a bun or eaten along. Yum!:smile:

i get so many compliments on this that i have to keep making it

i actually cook my spaghetti sauce all day in the crock pot

1 jar of traditional ragu

1-2 large can of tomatoe sauce

1 tiny can of paste

6 uncooked italian sausage (whole)

couple quick pours of balsamic vinagar

bay leaf

salt pepper sugar and oregano/basil seasoning(eyeball it)

**i brown about a pound of ground beef/one onion/fresh garlic/dash of red wine/salt and pepper on the stove and add it first to the crock pot

then i add everything else and simmer all day on low

the meats add so much flavor

you can make this on the stove too