Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Does cold weather effect a lapband?

Views
Started by Sue Magoo, Dec 03, 2007 7:05 PM
17 replies to this topic
17 replies to this topic

Sue Magoo

Bariatric Hero

• Surgery: Gastric Sleeve
  • Surgeon: Adam Glasgow
  • Surgery Date: Jul 2007
  • Height: 5 feet 7 inches
  • Starting Weight: 324
  • Weight Lost: 138
  • Current Weight: 186
  • Goal Weight: 179
  • BMI: 29.1
Posted December 3, 2007 - 7:05 PM

Sounds like a silly question, but it's very cold tonight in New England. Does the band get effected by extremely cold weather?

I was very tight when I was trying to eat supper and it was just soup. I usually get looser as the day goes on so I was surprised that I was so tight at supper time.

Please let me know if you've heard anything about cold weather and the band.

Thanks.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Sue

WASaBubbleButt

Bariatric Legend

• My Blogs
Posted December 4, 2007 - 12:15 AM

It's not your band that is affected by temp changes, it is your stoma. It's common for most of us to be tight in the AMs. Most loosen a bit as the day goes on. I am tight in the AMs and tight in the PMs. The rest of the day I'm good to go.

If I am stuck and nothing is working I can go outside in the summer when it's really hot here in the desert and go for a walk that that takes care of my problem. When it's cold it's a bit of a challenge.

wsb

Advanced Member

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted December 6, 2007 - 1:49 PM

I live in Texas and yesterday I was in a meeting where the air conditioning was on and the room was very cold. I could feel swelling as I sat in the room and figured out it must be the cold air causing the swelling. After the first break, at 10:30, they changed the temp of the room and I noticed the swelling started to go down a little. I have a really bad sense of humor and had to giggle to myself, with this going on, who needs fills, just turn on the a/c before each meal. I logged the expereince in my journal and will continue to monitor this to see if the pattern continues when I am cold.

Boo Boo Kitty

8/01/06 Banded

• My Blogs
Posted December 6, 2007 - 2:36 PM

I live in Michigan and it has been in the 10s here. I haven't been too tight because of cold. I can't eat before like 10 am on all days. Tightness always sways for me.

WASaBubbleButt

Bariatric Legend

• My Blogs
Posted December 6, 2007 - 2:55 PM

I live in Michigan and it has been in the 10s here. I haven't been too tight because of cold. I can't eat before like 10 am on all days. Tightness always sways for me.

In the 10s?????? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

(walking away and giggling at those who deal with cold weather unlike those of us in Arizona)

aubrie

Bariatric Master

Posted December 6, 2007 - 3:08 PM

It's sunny and warm here in Corpus Christi as well! Hard for me to relate, but since banding, I'm ALWAYS cold, regardless of the temperature.

Justin

Posted December 6, 2007 - 10:26 PM

I imagine that it remains around 98.6 degrees inside you :eek:

WASaBubbleButt

Bariatric Legend

• My Blogs
Posted December 6, 2007 - 10:49 PM

I imagine that it remains around 98.6 degrees inside you :eek:

HA! Such a newbie.... I'm not making fun of you, I just think the above comment is adorable.

Hot weather, cold weather, stress, PMS, dehydration, hot foods/drinks, cold foods/drinks... anything can affect your stoma. I swear, THINKING about your stoma can affect your stoma on some days.

travelgirl

back on track

Posted December 6, 2007 - 11:25 PM

~flipping the bird to Wasa, and Aubrie~

I'm in Kansas, and we're looking forward to more ice/snow for the morning drive (and I have a 30 mile commute to work).

WASaBubbleButt

Bariatric Legend

• My Blogs
Posted December 6, 2007 - 11:38 PM

~flipping the bird to Wasa, and Aubrie~

I'm in Kansas, and we're looking forward to more ice/snow for the morning drive (and I have a 30 mile commute to work).

Snow... isn't that white stuff that falls from the sky? I thought only bird doo was white and fell from the sky.

Should I mention that I have my windows open and I'm airing out the house? No no no, pro'lly not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Featured Surgeons

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      Oct 01
    Butterfly Effect (Again)

Everything's ok with the lapband, until it isn't. I think my body is...

Show comments (1)
View All Updates