Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 hours ago, Middus said:

Missed this post earlier. How come you are on liquids for 3 months? That seems a bit extreme..

Sent from my SM-N900P using BariatricPal mobile app

I hope they meant 3 weeks, I dont even think 3 months on liquids is possible..

Whose on liquids for 3months I can't find that !! My nutritionist put me on foods soft in the beginning then she didn't want me to have shakes all the time she had me incorporate food Protein first no more than 3 oz

ibam a year out lost 67lbs down to a size 10 and going keep at it folks join a gym if not walk every day

Hi,

I am the woman who is on liquids for 3 months. My surgeon recommended this. He states it really improves the elasticity inside the abdomen. It's brutal. I have to admit this weekend I fell off track and ate some really food. But, I've picked myself up and am back on track today. I'm on a Meal Replacement (ensure) and 2 cups of non- starchy veggies a day. It's frustrating and hard. Just keep reminding myself of the end goal

On 4/3/2017 at 8:18 PM, CalgaryWoman said:

Hi,

I am the woman who is on liquids for 3 months. My surgeon recommended this. He states it really improves the elasticity inside the abdomen. It's brutal. I have to admit this weekend I fell off track and ate some really food. But, I've picked myself up and am back on track today. I'm on a Meal Replacement (ensure) and 2 cups of non- starchy veggies a day. It's frustrating and hard. Just keep reminding myself of the end goal

I see no real benefit in this...This doctor is insane. I was on a 1 day liquid diet pre op and 3 weeks post op.

Hi,
I am the woman who is on liquids for 3 months. My surgeon recommended this. He states it really improves the elasticity inside the abdomen. It's brutal. I have to admit this weekend I fell off track and ate some really food. But, I've picked myself up and am back on track today. I'm on a meal replacement (ensure) and 2 cups of non- starchy veggies a day. It's frustrating and hard. Just keep reminding myself of the end goal

That's just mean! Why Ensure when there are so many good Protein Shakes & powders out there? 3 months is crazy. Mine is two weeks, but I'm not allowed any veggies. Just shakes, broth, Jello, popsicles. I'm sorry you're struggling. Keep your eyes on the prize, like you said!

I don't understand why doctors require pre-op diets. It's just unnecessary torture in my opinion. I'm sorry you feel so down. What other coping mechanism can you find besides food to cheer you up?

Thats exactly what my surgeon said. He said he can move the liver out of his way without an issue and no need to torture ourselves with pre op diet. I got sleeved on 3/31, no gas pain whatsoever, only nausea for the 1st day. Feeling great today :)

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

14 hours ago, JerseyJules said:

I see no real benefit in this...This doctor is insane. I was on a 1 day liquid diet pre op and 3 weeks post

Agreed. My surgeon was 1 day pre-op. My BMI was in the high 50's. No problem. Having said that, if you can go three months on a liquid diet, you will lose weight.

My doc said the same thing so that he can move the liver. Of course the weight loss was determined by what the starti g weight wAs.no matter how little it's pressure I have to agree but I did it.

Im guessing there are cases where significant weight loss before the surgery makes it safer to perform the surgery and a liquid diet would help with that. But 3 months full liquids??

So I am now 3 days post op. I had a moment yesterday, while in pain, asking why I did this to myself but today is better. My Fluid intake is good and I got to go from clear liquid to full liquid today. I think the additions of Soups and yogurt and the like will make it easier for me to handle the next 11 days before moving to pureed foods.

I am a year out in the beginning hot liquids went down easier than Water I still struggle with water. I do like the zero grape water. Keep at it you will not regret it. I am so much more mobile than I've ever been make sure you walk I go to gym now 5x a week and gave a trainer 1x a week.

I have to admit I haven't made it the 3 months. The ensure sent my sugars sky rocketing and I ended up in urgent care with a blood sugar of 35. So now I'm allowed some food. I have cheated. Honestly in a way it was easier just on the liquids and veggies. I'm almost there thought. I have a surgery date of Jun30th. It's all worth it, right?