Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unjury was what I used for my pre/post phase for my sleeve. A little pricey but excellent quality. It honestly was one of the best chocolate Protein powders that I've had. I believe you can order single/sample packets from their website. I think mixed with skim milk it was about 30g of protein per serving.

I use Body Fortress now. Price is good for what you get and the taste isn't so bad. Plus it's 30g of protein without having to add milk to it. Definitely not as good as the Unjury, but for the price it isn't bad. Although I haven't used it in a few years Optimum Nutrition makes a really good powder as well.

@orionburn injury on my list for post op I wonder why it's not listed for pre op?..hmmm. I ordered the unflavored one to add to Soups and make shakes after surgery as well as the opurity chewable Multivitamin. I'm going to inquire why it isn't listed for pre op.

3 minutes ago, CurvyCakes said:

@orionburn injury on my list for post op I wonder why it's not listed for pre op?..hmmm. I ordered the unflavored one to add to Soups and make shakes after surgery as well as the opurity chewable Multivitamin. I'm going to inquire why it isn't listed for pre op.

That's weird. I can't see why they wouldn't recommend it unless they think it's too high in calories but you'd be hard pressed to hit around 30g of Protein @ only 180 calories. My doc's office recommended it for both bypass & sleeve patients. I'd really be curious to hear why they wouldn't recommend it for pre-op.

Premier shakes! I have drank almost all types of Protein powders/ shakes and in my opinion, Premier by far is the best!! When I had my sleeve, I used Syntrax Nectar and Unjury. For my revisoin surgery, I was approved for the prescription service to receive my Protein Shakes and they sent 8 cases (18 shakes per case) of the Premier shakes. They are so good!!

@CurvyCakes Yes mam. I started my liver shrink diet yesterday. Surgery is scheduled for Monday morning. My dr didn't give me formal pre-op instructions though. All he said was drink Protein Shakes. He kept mentioning that this isn't my first rodeo and I know what to do. Now that I think about, I'm not sure how I feel about that...I need some type of direction!! :angry: I feel like Im just winging it.

I bought a few different kinds bc they told me I'd probably get sick of them. Recently bought Isopure Zero Carb Clear at GNC. It's juice-like. I don't love the taste but it's 40 grams of Protein, you can buy one bottle at a time there to try them, and it's different from the other Protein Shakes. I think it was about $4.00 a bottle.

I bought a few different kinds bc they told me I'd probably get sick of them. Recently bought Isopure Zero Carb Clear at GNC. It's juice-like. I don't love the taste but it's 40 grams of Protein, you can buy one bottle at a time there to try them, and it's different from the other Protein  shakes. I think it was about $4.00 a bottle.

Grabbed icy orange, apple melon, and the blue one seconds ago.

That's weird. I can't see why they wouldn't recommend it unless they think it's too high in calories but you'd be hard pressed to hit around 30g of Protein @ only 180 calories. My doc's office recommended it for both bypass & sleeve patients. I'd really be curious to hear why they wouldn't recommend it for pre-op.

Ok so my NUT explained the premier is a protein supplement and not a Meal Replacement which is why it's listed on the list after surgery.

10 hours ago, CurvyCakes said:

Ok so my NUT explained the premier is a Protein supplement and not a Meal Replacement which is why it's listed on the list after surgery.

Assuming you mean Unjury and not Premier? Either way that makes sense. When I was on my pre-op we had to do 3 Unjury shakes a day along with 3 other protein products which were the Healthwise Soups, fruit drink mixes, etc. So all in all I was getting around 135g of protein a day.

Thanks for remembering to follow up and let me know! :)

Edited by orionburn

I was also told Premier isn't whey isolate, which is preferred to concentrate. I am using Unjury and Syntrax Nectar for pre-op.

What is the consistency of the Syntrax Nectar Protein Powder. Can you just mix with Water? What are your favorite flavors. Also the Isopure I have had the ready made bottles and they are so good for a Protein juice. Wondering do they sell it in powder form if it would be cheaper. Haven't tried injury. Seams like everyone likes it. do they have sample flavors. Where do you buy these powders?