Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone kept it a secret?

I'm having trouble getting approved bc my BMI is 37, but I have arthritis in my knees and also have back problems. Has anyone else had this problem. I have anthem Medicare insurance.

I also have Medicare...traditional and I absolutely hate it but I deal with it because I have a secondary one also, and the weight program I'm in accepts traditional Medicare instead of an advantage plan smh. Has your dr. Checked if you have any other health problems? I'm sorry your going through these issues.

Most people on this Forum are Liars.. they refuse to use their real names.. [emoji14][emoji14]
You see how "not telling isn't the same thing as lying"
Sent from my SM-N900P using BariatricPal mobile app

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I actually used my real name, besides using a unique screen name makes people mysterious and there are some names that a [emoji119][emoji119] lol

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

I've told very few people. This will not be something I put on Facebook BLAST! I enlisted help from friends I knew had WLS for support, I told a few lovely friends who love me no matter what......A sister knows as she and I are taking this journey together (she's a month ahead of me). I have yet to tell my parents. We live away from each other and wanted to tell them AFTER it had taken place and in person. Sooooo that will be happening soon. My kids only know that I've had a "procedure" that will help me be more fit and active in their lives. This is private...and I'm private. You cannot unring this bell. Tell the right people who can be supportive.

I chose not to tell anyone - except for 4 people - my mom, my sister, my 2 BFFs.

I mainly decided this because I have tried to lose weight so many times and would share with others "I'm on Weight Watchers", "I'm trying this diet, I'm trying that diet" - etc and would constantly get asked "how much have you lost?", "how much do you want to lose", "can you eat that?" etc.

I am just not at a point where I want to answer a million questions so I chose not to share. Eventually, when people start to notice, I may change my mind and tell them how I lost weight but for now, I keep ti quiet.

Thank God we told no one, not even my husbands 31 y/o son. You won't be disabled. You are just on an eating plan. I am thankful to have more fun things to do and enjoy rather than talking about this with anyone!!!! Life didn't change one bit that people noticed and questioned me.

My husband is the only person who knows. My children don't know, my parents don't know, my siblings don't know and the people I work with don't know. I was only off work a week, so I used vacation time. People comment all the time telling me how good I look and my response is...Thank you, I struggle with what I put in my mouth every day. Which is the truth. If I didn't have the puncture marks on my mid section, I could wear a bikini for the first time in my life. But, because I am afraid that the puncture marks will lead to more questions, I am going to stick with a one-piece.

Not telling anyone, is not lying. It is choosing to not disclose.

Besides, people are intelligent. If you loose a ton of weight quickly, more than likely you've had surgery. People know this.

I have choose not to disclose.

It's personal. Period. I'm not lying either.

I have told my close family (all supportive, I'm lucky), all of my coworkers (that are all complimentary), and that's about it. I mainly tell people that I am not close to that I did it with low calorie diet and cutting back on beer. That I was doing it bc of my 2 year old son. This is all true.

As for taking the easy way out, I don't have a problem with that, though I thought I would at first. I have found it easier, and something that I was never able to do before, losing 95 lbs. I haven't been this size since before high school. It might be an easy way out. But it was also the only way out!