Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled for a band to sleeve revision on April 12. It is a long to coming and i am excited. If you have had this conversion, how long were you out of work? I have an office job and am planning on 7 - 10 days. Is this realistic?

I had my sleeve done on 3/20 and am going back to work tomorrow. 7-10 days is totally realistic.

When I had my sleeve revision in 2014, I had surgery on Monday and felt well enough to return to my desk job on Wednesday.

I had revision done 3/14. I took 9 days and glad I did. I ended up having a lot of scar tissue removed and a hiatal hernia, I didn't know I had, repaired. It's an adjustment getting liquids and Protein in and having energy for a full day. Best of luck to you!

That you all for the replies. So far I see 2, 8, and 9 days out of work after band to sleeve conversion. This does confirm 7 - 10 days is realistic. Any one else what to share their experience?

I had band to sleeve revision on March 6th. I went back to work on March 17th. So I took 11 days. I have a physical job as a LVT. But me I'm not good with nothing to do and may have gone back sooner as I was very bored and restless. For me pain was minimal, I did not have any pain meds after the first night. Yes still hurt when I got up and down and especially in and out of bed and trying to get comfortable, but the pain was self limiting so no need for pain meds. I'm 3 weeks out and I do still have a little pain every so often in my right side, but nothing crazy

Bariatric Hero, it sounds like you are doing great! Thanks for the feedback.

I just got revised to a sleeve March 17th and I have had a really easy recovery so far. I also had a hiatal hernia repair at the same time. No nausea, easy to drink, little pain. Give yourself a week of intensive caring for yourself and lots of rest, but unless you are lifting over 20lbs at work I think it is totally possible. I don't currently work outside of my kids at home but I felt fine after maybe day 5??? Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback Christina.Rose!

Thanks for the feedback Christina.Rose!

I have an office job, had my surgery on a Tuesday, worked from home on Thursday/ Friday and back to work on Monday. Little tired for couple weeks but doable

Thanks for your feedback Newbie.

I had my revision surgery done on April 3rd. Doc said I had a lot of scar tissue and spent 45 minutes of the surgery removing it before starting the surgery. I am exactly two weeks out today and still having some pain, mostly at night. I am hoping to start working from home this week, but taking the time to really heal and make this surgery go right. I really want this weight off. Adapting to drinking Water and Protein takes some getting use to. I think your ability to go back depends on what happens during surgery and pain. Your body will require lots of rest the first week or so, so play it by ear. Go back when your body says it is ready. Don't .t rush.

Writing to give you all an update. I had my band to sleeve revision on April 12. Today is April 17 and I am starting to feel real again. It helps that I am able to add Protein back today. My tummy is still sore and swollen, but seems the major soreness is limited to the area where the band and scar tissue were removed. I go back to the doctor on Friday for check up. My intent is to return to work on April 24 which will be 12 days out. I need to get some energy before then. While I do have a desk job, I do have a fair amount of driving between locations. I want to make sure that I am alert enough to handle.

Life is good. :)

6 hours ago, Prell said:

I had my revision surgery done on April 3rd. Doc said I had a lot of scar tissue and spent 45 minutes of the surgery removing it before starting the surgery. I am exactly two weeks out today and still having some pain, mostly at night. I am hoping to start working from home this week, but taking the time to really heal and make this surgery go right. I really want this weight off. Adapting to drinking Water and Protein takes some getting use to. I think your ability to go back depends on what happens during surgery and pain. Your body will require lots of rest the first week or so, so play it by ear. Go back when your body says it is ready. Don't .t rush.

My surgeon reported the same thing -- I had a bunch of adhesions on my stomach from when the band was there that needed to be removed. So glad you are doing well.