Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Holy Hair Loss Batman!!

Soooo, as someone that had thick gorgeous hair before surgery with no Hair loss, my life is sucking right now. I was losing it since about 5 weeks but now (@ 3 months out) it's horrible! My hair is starting to come out by the handful and there is hair all over my house! It's so embarrassing to shed constantly in public so I've been keeping my hair pulled up in a loose bun most days. Then my salon recommended the Paul Mitchell tea tree line so I got it. It's supposed to help with fallout and thickening. I've not been using it long but it makes my hair look so much fuller! Haven't noticed a difference in the shedding yet, but I've not been using it long enough to give it a chance. Best part is, no chemicals like Nioxin or hair falling out if you stop using it. It smells VERY much like tea tree oil and mint so if that's bothersome, pass on this product. It's also safe for color treated hair. You might wanna try it out if you are noticing thinning. Hope it helps someone who is desperate like me! IMG_2082.JPG.ce958447fcfba99c82e5386a5261ed04.JPG

My mom's hair is thin but she's 73, she turned me on to the color hairsprays that she uses and I fell in love with it! I use the light brown spray about 6" away from hair so it looks natural and it comes out looking like highlights. It is my miracle spray.

10 hours ago, pvechiola said:

My mom's hair is thin but she's 73, she turned me on to the color hairsprays that she uses and I fell in love with it! I use the light brown spray about 6" away from hair so it looks natural and it comes out looking like highlights. It is my miracle spray.

Will you share the product name? I've never heard of these before. I did order the Paul Mitchell that Mandybb shared after reading good reviews on Amazon about it. I also ordered some Biotin Patches to give that a try. I sure hope they both help but until then, maybe the colored hairspray will help.

I worry (since I am only 3 months post-op) that more Hair loss will continue and as clc9 mentioned, I wondered if I will need to resort to getting a wig (which I would rather not do). I knew hair loss would probably happen but I didn't think it would bother me as much as it has.

UPDATE!!!

So I've been using this product about 3 weeks now and finally TODAY my hair has stopped coming out so bad. Sure there is still some amount that comes out but nothing like it was. I've had my hair down for 5 hours and I've only shed maybe 3-4 hairs! It really seems to be helping. I have very fine hair but it was super thick. It still looks thick but I can feel it's thinner. Just thought I would update on the progress. I wish I had known about this a month ago! I hope you all have found something that's working for you. Hang in there ladies, it does get better! Bless you all and have a great day!

Yes I used the sprays and powder before I did the wig thing. They help some I just have sooo much thinning the only cover up for my hair is a wig unfortunately. It took me some time to do this. Thank goodness my husband is very supportive or not sure I could have gotten through this! 1/2 inch a month is going to take me a very long time. When and after it grows out I will probably do a shorter cut! We will see! Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

1 hour ago, Mandybb said:

UPDATE!!!

So I've been using this product about 3 weeks now and finally TODAY my hair has stopped coming out so bad. Sure there is still some amount that comes out but nothing like it was. I've had my hair down for 5 hours and I've only shed maybe 3-4 hairs! It really seems to be helping. I have very fine hair but it was super thick. It still looks thick but I can feel it's thinner. Just thought I would update on the progress. I wish I had known about this a month ago! I hope you all have found something that's working for you. Hang in there ladies, it does get better! Bless you all and have a great day!

Thank you for the update - glad it is working for you.

YEP, I also supposedly have alopecia...at this rate I won't have hair left! It's a little terrifying tbh. I'm trying to use rogaine,taking all my Multivitamins and Biotin. I'm hoping it's more hormone based and all the weight-loss will level me out and my hair will finally grow back.

Are you experienced the same thing it started up for me at three months I'm now at six months and still losing hair I take extra strength Biotin and I just don't feel like it's working luckily the surgeon told me that this is going to happen up to nine months and then stop I also got some hair extensions that I can clip and sometimes I wear them and it makes me feel better I also got at the local beauty supply really good Shampoo that's been helping it's made by cat walk it is the oatmeal and honey nourishing shampoo for dry damaged hair I got the shampoo and conditioner and it does help but it is quite pricey

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm 3 and a half months out and I'm losing handfuls of hair each day. It's so depressing! I watch it just get thinner and thinner every day and wonder when it will stop, or if I'm going to end up bald...

This is what I use for the bald spots. Either caboki, its micro fibers. So natural looking or style edit root concealer spray. Both are good. And increased my Fiber and Biotin. IMG_5043.JPG IMG_5042.JPG

So nice to hear this information. I was already experiencing Hair loss at the crown so bad it almost looks bald. I just don't know how much more hair loss is can take. It is so depressing .

Will you share the product name? I've never heard of these before. I did order the Paul Mitchell that Mandybb shared after reading good reviews on Amazon about it. I also ordered some Biotin Patches to give that a try. I sure hope they both help but until then, maybe the colored hairspray will help.
I worry (since I am only 3 months post-op) that more Hair loss will continue and as clc9 mentioned, I wondered if I will need to resort to getting a wig (which I would rather not do). I knew hair loss would probably happen but I didn't think it would bother me as much as it has.

The hair spray is My Secret hair enhancer by Regency Cosmetics 1-800-241-5800 Duluth, GA, It's an awesome product.

1 hour ago, pvechiola said:

The hair spray is My Secret hair enhancer by Regency Cosmetics 1-800-241-5800 Duluth, GA, It's an awesome product.

Thank you for the information. I will see if I can get some - anything will help I am sure!

Biotin melt tabs from sams club are amazing and I have patch as well I had bad Hair loss since I started regrouping my eating lifestyle change 8 months before surgery and using 1 melt tab daily of 5000 mcg I barely have a hair shed at all I'm 5 days post op today. My primary care made me start them due to an autoimmune disease and I'm so glad he did. Melt tabs have a fruity taste and dissolve fast one a day.