Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can everyone share what they felt was important to have in their toolbox immediately post surgery other than food? Examples: 1-2oz plastic cups to eat out of, baby spoons, antacid, listerine melts etc

I am building my arsenal lol

My only suggestions would be to get your Vitamins and gas-x strips ahead of time.

Oh and childrens tylenol (liquid or chewable)... I had a bad headache one day and was glad I had some on hand.

I bought all the "stuff" and didn't use most of it. My nut recommends stocking up 6 months of PPIs... my surgeon didn't even suggest I take them! SO glad I didn't purchase them- they are EXPENSIVE!! I bought the small plates, cups, spoons, etc and didn't use any of them. We already have small side plates, small pyrex bowls, etc. I just pay attention to the size of the bites I take. I bought the very expensive Biotine mouth spray and never opened it; I was allowed to have spongy mouth swabs dunked in Water and that kept my mouth moist enough for the first day. It all seemed expensive and unnecessary to me.

I bought all the "stuff" and didn't use most of it. My nut recommends stocking up 6 months of PPIs... my surgeon didn't even suggest I take them! SO glad I didn't purchase them- they are EXPENSIVE!! I bought the small plates, cups, spoons, etc and didn't use any of them. We already have small side plates, small pyrex bowls, etc. I just pay attention to the size of the bites I take. I bought the very expensive Biotine mouth spray and never opened it; I was allowed to have spongy mouth swabs dunked in Water and that kept my mouth moist enough for the first day. It all seemed expensive and unnecessary to me.

What are ppis?

My only suggestions would be to get your Vitamins and gas-x strips ahead of time.
Oh and childrens tylenol (liquid or chewable)... I had a bad headache one day and was glad I had some on hand.

Why children's ? Can we not take regular?

I loved using baby spoons to eat, sippy cups, small 2-3 oz. containers, stretchy pants and a good pair of sneakers for all the walking [emoji5]

Thanks!

Childrens tylenol because they come in chewables and liquids...you may have problems swallowing pills since you cant deink big gulps of anything.

2 hours ago, Lavieboheme84 said:

What are ppis?

Proton pump inhibitor- it's a type of antacid for reflux. I take Omeprazole.

8 hours ago, Suaniya said:

Childrens tylenol because they come in chewables and liquids...you may have problems swallowing pills since you cant deink big gulps of anything.

Thanks all! Great info!

8 hours ago, Suaniya said:

Thanks!

food scale with the "tare" option

An app you like to track with. I use Lose it. People like My Fitness Pal. I use lose it because it is more accurate, allows better customizations and is cheaper for premium.

37 minutes ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

I use Lose it

I was using My Fitness Pal and really wasn't to happy with it, I just downloaded Lose It. Thank you.

If you like it, look around for a discount code before you buy it you can usually get it for $29 a year