Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What am I thinking?!

My brachioplasty is scheduled for 3/28/17. Now that it is so close the nerves are really starting to kick in. I have always had big arms and now that I am down 100+ lbs they really look awful. Here are some before pictures to show you what I mean. IMG_1783.JPG IMG_1782.JPG

I'm nervous and excited and just want to look in the mirror and see normal looking arms.

Hey, good luck for your surgery! I see the surgeon in a fortnight to work out what I need done, one thing for sure is my arms they are similar to yours. I'll follow your journey!

Congratulations on your weight loss. If you can master this new lifestyle you can do anything. Go for it! I don't know anyone who has regretted it. Good luck and hoping for a smooth recovery.

Congratulations and good luck on your surgery!!! The nerves will always kick in just before something that we are excited to have done.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I have two more procedures scheduled after this one. I'm excited to start this next phase in my journey!

You look A-MAZE-ING!!! I'm going in for my bypass the day before your arm surgery.....All the best to you!!! I'm excited for you!!!!

You look great!

I was feeling the exact same way before my VSG the other day. I was like, "Am I really doing this?? Should I be??"

In the long run I'm sure I'll be confident with my decision and you will too.

All your hard work and you should look the way you want! Good luck and looking forward to the "after" pics

You will be so happy when you are on the other side like I am - Here is a picture for you - It was not painful at all (I mean zero pain) And it is fantabulous having arms that are not heartbreaking to oneself....

My scars are wider than they would have been if I knew of the tricks I know now.

Even though I would prefer them slimmer (The scars) I do not notice them -Nobody has ever mentioned them - And my arms are a blissful thing in comparison to what they were!

I would say - Keep the paper tape on for at least 10 weeks if you can and remain in compression also - Then moisturize the scars

You will loooooooooooove your new arms - As I love mine. :)

As someone said to me when I was freaking out before my first surgery of five ops - Keep your eyes n the prize.... And now I am on the other side I can say - The prize is fabulous!

I shall look forwards to your after pictures.

Before pic (Sorry about fuzzy pic)

270210-02Arms.jpg

And a while after... This one is 4yrs after - I can't find any before that at this moment... But it shows you why I wish I had kept that paper tape on longer to support the scar through the first phase of it's healing - I did not for my first two ops - My PS did not tell me all the tricks I now know - So I just did what he said - Now if I did it again - I would keep the Micropore paper tape and the compression garment on for 12 weeks! - I say that as after my 5 ops I have much finer almost invisible scars elsewhere - This was my first op so I knew nothing back then - lol

18thJune2014-Rightarm_zps55799282.jpg

I will say here - The first time I SAW the arm scars 4 days post op - I freaked! - It looked like bad blanket stitch and was horrific. But less than a week after that - That bobbly stitching was then a line - And I managed to calm down - LOL

Good luck to you and I shall await your story of this part of your journey afterwards :778_heartbeat:

Edited by Scamp

@GirthyGirl

Your arms are pretty similar to mine. Mine compress pretty nicely in tight sleeves so they don't look so large. My issue currently is my arms are preventing me from wearing smaller sizes. I can wear a size 8 dress but not if it has sleeves in some cases, same with fitted tops.

What is your dress/top size currently? Do you mind sharing your weight/bmi?

You look A-MAZE-ING!!! I'm going in for my bypass the day before your arm surgery.....All the best to you!!! I'm excited for you!!!!

Thank you! Good luck on your surgery, it will change your life!

You will be so happy when you are on the other side like I am - Here is a picture for you - It was not painful at all (I mean zero pain) And it is fantabulous having arms that are not heartbreaking to oneself....
My scars are wider than they would have been if I knew of the tricks I know now.
Even though I would prefer them slimmer (The scars) I do not notice them -Nobody has ever mentioned them - And my arms are a blissful thing in comparison to what they were!
I would say - Keep the paper tape on for at least 10 weeks if you can and remain in compression also - Then moisturize the scars
You will loooooooooooove your new arms - As I love mine. [emoji4]
As someone said to me when I was freaking out before my first surgery of five ops - Keep your eyes n the prize.... And now I am on the other side I can say - The prize is fabulous!
I shall look forwards to your after pictures.
Before pic (Sorry about fuzzy pic)
270210-02Arms.jpg
And a while after... This one is 4yrs after - I can't find any before that at this moment... But it shows you why I wish I had kept that paper tape on longer to support the scar through the first phase of it's healing - I did not for my first two ops - My PS did not tell me all the tricks I now know - So I just did what he said - Now if I did it again - I would keep the Micropore paper tape and the compression garment on for 12 weeks! - I say that as after my 5 ops I have much finer almost invisible scars elsewhere - This was my first op so I knew nothing back then - lol
18thJune2014-Rightarm_zps55799282.jpg
I will say here - The first time I SAW the arm scars 4 days post op - I freaked! - It looked like bad blanket stitch and was horrific. But less than a week after that - That bobbly stitching was then a line - And I managed to calm down - LOL
Good luck to you and I shall await your story of this part of your journey afterwards :778_heartbeat:

Thanks for the tips! I am worried about the scar but having normal sized arms makes it worth it to me.

Your scar doesn't look that bad to me. If that is the worst of it I will be happy.

[mention=257608]GirthyGirl[/mention]
Your arms are pretty similar to mine. Mine compress pretty nicely in tight sleeves so they don't look so large. My issue currently is my arms are preventing me from wearing smaller sizes. I can wear a size 8 dress but not if it has sleeves in some cases, same with fitted tops.
What is your dress/top size currently? Do you mind sharing your weight/bmi?

I currently wear a large in tops as long as the material has some give to it. I also have a problem due to my bust size. My arms measure 17 1/2 inches and my bra size is a 38G. My next procedure is a reduction and lift.

Not sure what my current weight is. I'll weigh on Tuesday. Hoping to have lost a couple more pounds.

Can I ask how much that surgery costs. I would love to have it done.

My price is $6,900.00. I think this is higher than a lot of other people pay due to my location and the current size of my arms. It is going to take longer to do it so I am paying more.