Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone experienced this???

I had sleeve surgery on March 14th and am already experiencing a stop in weight loss. I lost 6 lbs so far and the last 3 days nothing. I am still on the full liquid diet so I don't even eat food. It makes me kind of scared to start eating because I may start gaining. Can anyone relate???

Yes this is very common. Everyone losing weight differently and at different rates. You got this. Just trust the process.

HW: 420 (January 2016)
CW: 260 (March 2017)

Instagram: vsg_queendiet

I was sleeved on march 13 and I'm also at 6lbs and scale isn't moving... I lost 10lbs pre op and have been sitting at 6 lbs post op. I've been drinking very little since I can't handle the Protein Shakes too much and feel I should have lost more pounds by know. Hoping next week will be better

I was sleeved 3/15 and scale has been bouncing up and down by 2 lbs so I haven't really lost anything. Needless to say I'm super pissed because like you I'm on a full liquid diet and if I can't lose weight killing myself on this strict diet then how am I going to lose anything?! My inner two year old has been having tantrums about this since a week out. I keep thinking if I have to literally kill myself to lose weight what was the point of having my stomach removed. I'm also not happy because I feel bottomless, feel no restriction with liquids since day 1 and I was really looking forward to having difficulty eating. I think the people that do have difficulty early on are the ones losing weight. Either that or they're extremely lucky because I have been following my programs instructions perfectly and am stuck at the same weight.

My Dr said the first 6 weeks are for healing not weight loss.

You just had major surgery. Your body is focused on repairing itself not losing weight.

Google 3 week stall.

It seriously feels like no one did any research pre-op and just had surgery. If you have ever read any WLS boards there are lots of answers to this kind of question.

Do some research so you know what expect and don't stress yourself. You need to be focused on healing and you can't if you are stressed.

Stop weighing yourself every day, pick a day of the week then weigh once a week. The same day every week. Now with this being said, your body is trying to hold on to everything right now bc we are not giving our body anything in return. Our bodies are in shock right now and does not know what to do. The first month or so after surgery weight loss should not be your concern. It should be about healing and taking care of your body and getting ready for this life changing event. Stay off the scale everyday! You will not lose anything stressing your already stressed out body.

I keep wanting to do that but don't. I probably should!

Whoa whoa stay calm hahaha. This is natural and normal. If you did not hit stalls like this you would be a medical marvel :)

Understand that while we all think our bodies are special snowflakes they are all pretty much the same. While your focus should be on getting in as much Protein as you can comfortably stomach if I had to take a guess right now you may simply be retaining a lot of Water weight.

I know when I was in my liquid stage I hit a few stalls and then suddenly would be 5 lbs lighter one day. A lot of that changed when I began to look at my sodium levels (which were astronomical by the way even on the restricted diet).

Also like other people have mentioned as hard as it might be maybe looking at the scale weekly would be a better option. This may ease your mind because there are multiple variables that can skew numbers when looking at the scale daily. Everything tends to balance out over a week a lot better.

Good luck and trust the process.

Edited by zippyskippy

I am experiencing the exact same thing. I am going to trust the process and the big picture and not the scale.< br>

I fluctuate all week so I only weigh on Monday's. Average about 5lbs a week.