Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So as the title states, I'm getting a bit impatient! We were supposed to submit to insurance on March 13th, but we still haven't! My primary care nurse practitioner still needs to write a letter of recommendation (I gave her all the info, she just needs to write it) and send over my last diet visit information to my bariatric coordinator. Everything is done, just being held up by my primary care office. I spoke to my coordinator on Wednesday, and she said she would follow-up with them, and let me know when she submits to insurance. Hopefully soon!!!

Well, I would call everyday until they complete the steps.

1 hour ago, Ravens12345 said:

I would go to their office with pen in hand or lend her my lap top !!!!

I'm about to that point! Still no word from either office.

I would be calling or going to the office if you have insurance I would call them tell them what's going on because I was having problems with my doctor about doing things and call my insurance office why was on phone they would call my doctor office and once they got them on the phone they would put me in on conversion so don't have anymore problems with them

Still nothing... I had an appointment today, and I guess my primary care nurse practitioner is having some office manager write the letter for her, so she said she would check on the status... not feeling very good about this! Heck, I could write the letter and have her sign it!

40 minutes ago, LorinEliz37 said:

Still nothing... I had an appointment today, and I guess my primary care nurse practitioner is having some office manager write the letter for her, so she said she would check on the status... not feeling very good about this! Heck, I could write the letter and have her sign it!

What did say going on now because this been awhile I hope they get everything together soon

13 hours ago, browneyesdebra said:

What did say going on now because this been awhile I hope they get everything together soon

I think my primary care office is just not prioritizing writing this letter. I explained to them that we are waiting on them to submit to insurance, but they don't seem to care.

It doesn't help now, but once I have surgery I will be switching primary care doctor/office. Since I started the process with this office, I need to finish with them, but as soon as I get the letter and approval I'll be switching!

Just got a call! The letter is ready for pick-up!!!

OMG the letter is not even correct. It has comorbidities listed that I don't even have. More phone calls.

I'm feeling impatient as well with the process. My first appointment was in January, and the delays with all the different moving parts have me not even half done with the pre-op requirements. 🙁 on the plus side, more time to get some weight off I guess.

Sent from my SM-G900P using BariatricPal mobile app

8 hours ago, LorinEliz37 said:

I think my primary care office is just not prioritizing writing this letter. I explained to them that we are waiting on them to submit to insurance, but they don't seem to care.

It doesn't help now, but once I have surgery I will be switching primary care doctor/office. Since I started the process with this office, I need to finish with them, but as soon as I get the letter and approval I'll be switching!

Ok I hope everything get straighting out soon I did not have go through that only thing surgeon did send my doctor office that I was good candidate to have the surgery and she agree with him and went through my different classes and after that he submitted everything over to my insurance and I was approve nothing else my primary care doctor did

1 hour ago, LorinEliz37 said:

OMG the letter is not even correct. It has comorbidities listed that I don't even have. More phone calls.

I guess they will get letter written right the next time I'm still praying everything will get done soon so you can get approve very soon keep me update what happen

1 hour ago, Kristi L said:

I'm feeling impatient as well with the process. My first appointment was in January, and the delays with all the different moving parts have me not even half done with the pre-op requirements. 🙁 on the plus side, more time to get some weight off I guess.

Sent from my SM-G900P using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes it so can be down even more weight and I know some people had they surgery date and had move out another week so they had another week on they pre-op diet and me I start on my prep -op diet a month before even before I got approve for my surgery so if need someone rant to I'm here for you

The office manager finally returned my calls (about the letter with inaccurate information) and she was so rude! Cannot wait until I get a decision from insurance, I will definitely be switching primary care offices.