Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I am a hypocrite!

I lost 50 pounds and one of my co workers said you looking good with your weight loss! Another CO workers said I don't see a difference.... I said to the one that complimented me thanks for the compliment to the other one I said maybe you'll notice when I lose 50 more cause everyone see differently as I was smiling at her....she looked puzzled uuum I don't get mad about shit like that I hope she was trying to steal my joy cause she didn't. What she didn't know is before weight loss I always had high self esteem when I entered a room I always felt like I was one of the prettiest women in the room.....Always hair looking good, smelling good, nice outfit and my smile get them everytime...

I lost 50 pounds and one of my co workers said you looking good with your weight loss! Another CO workers said I don't see a difference.... I said to the one that complimented me thanks for the compliment to the other one I said maybe you'll notice when I lose 50 more cause everyone see differently as I was smiling at her....she looked puzzled uuum I don't get mad about shit like that I hope she was trying to steal my joy cause she didn't. What she didn't know is before weight loss I always had high self esteem when I entered a room I always felt like I was one of the prettiest women in the room.....Always hair looking good, smelling good, nice outfit and my smile get them everytime...

Isn't it interesting with our relationship between our own bodies and our spirits. Sometimes, people and ourselves only see a body, (beautiful or ugly, fat or fit). While other times, regardless of our body's current condition, our spirit shines through regardless. I love the fact your spirit has remained in control. (As I believe our spirits are eternal, our bodies are temporary.)
While my wife is beautiful, I am in more love with her spirit, than her flesh. Her body is just the package she is wrapped in.
I hope as I have focused so much effort restoring my body to a state of healthiness, I continue to develop into the person where my spirit dominates the relationship within myself, and my body doesn't impede my greater development of self. I too want to be physically attractive, but I value more the attraction to the soul as that improves with age instead of deteriorates.

Thank you for sharing your strong spirit and reminding me of my own values.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Lmaooooooo. Losing nearly 60 pounds is very obvious. When you get your surgery and start to lose weight you'll understand. I never met anyone who got offended by being told it looks like they are losing weight or slimming down. Lmaooooo [emoji30][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

It maybe noticeable to see someone had lost weight- but that doesn't change that it is a sensitive topic or something some people many not want to discuss with co workers or something. Everyone is different.

Just because someone has not had surgery doesn't mean they have never lost or gained considerable amounts of weight and can't have an opinion on this topic. I lost a lot of weight when in college by major restriction and over exercise and I HATED when people would bring it up. I hated running into old friends of the family for that reason! I just wanted to be treated like everyone else and not have a conversation about my weight with people.

If I run into someone who had a nose job I wouldn't be like "whoa you look really good now" I think it may make them think, "gee I obviously chose to have a nose job (or lost weight) because I was uncomfortable before, now that you took time to point it out I know you were thinking the same thing". I personally think commenting on people bodies or talking about them is a big NO NO unless they bring up the topic of weight loss first.

It maybe noticeable to see someone had lost weight- but that doesn't change that it is a sensitive topic or something some people many not want to discuss with co workers or something. Everyone is different.
Just because someone has not had surgery doesn't mean they have never lost or gained considerable amounts of weight and can't have an opinion on this topic. I lost a lot of weight when in college by major restriction and over exercise and I HATED when people would bring it up. I hated running into old friends of the family for that reason! I just wanted to be treated like everyone else and not have a conversation about my weight with people.
If I run into someone who had a nose job I wouldn't be like "whoa you look really good now" I think it may make them think, "gee I obviously chose to have a nose job (or lost weight) because I was uncomfortable before, now that you took time to point it out I know you were thinking the same thing". I personally think commenting on people bodies or talking about them is a big NO NO unless they bring up the topic of weight loss first.

Lmaoooooo

I know that everyone that has lost a lot of weight didn't go through wls I have lost weight so many times over the years but never kept it off....each time I gained it back plus some..

Wonderful post and thank you!

You got this and it's so nice to hear a positive for you is self love [emoji173]️

I think you are lucky! I am a private person and not planning to tell anyone but my parents and husband about WLS. I have mentioned eating better to friends and co workers, so they aren't shocked and have lost weight pre surgery- but I really REALLY don't want people to say things like "whoa you really lost weight, or how did you do it etc" it makes me super uncomfortable to talk about weight with people. I loath the idea of my aunts or other relatives bringing this up at family events...

Me too! I don't plan on posting any full body pics on social media for at least a year post op.

As you start to lose weight, you will get reactions that you are not expecting. Some good, some bad. One of my friends asked me did I did I think I looked better than her now. She said it in a way that she tried to make it look like a joke, but it wasn't..lol. Funny thing is, we are very good friends and she is actually in my upcoming wedding. You have to realize that people are going to be shocked sooner rather than later about your transformation, and some of your friends and family will expect you to act different. What people found out about me, that I was the same person I was from the start. I didn't think I was anything I wasn't before. I always been the "shit" and losing 100lbs didn't do anything to change that..LOL. Don't let people take your joy..as I have said before, people will be jealous and even some will be nervous about how you are changing. Its our job to remain humble, but proud of OUR hard work. That's right, people can say this is the easy way out, but its the hardest thing I have EVER done!

Keep up the good work!!

Edited by Delta_35

As you start to lose weight, you will get reactions that you are not expecting. Some good, some bad. One of my friends asked me did I did I think I looked better than her now. She said it in a way that she tried to make it look like a joke, but it wasn't..lol. Funny thing is, we are very good friends and she is actually in my upcoming wedding. You have to realize that people are going to be shocked sooner rather than later about your transformation, and some of your friends and family will expect you to act different. What people found out about me, that I was the same person I was from the start. I didn't think I was anything I wasn't before. I always been the "shit" and losing 100lbs didn't do anything to change that..LOL. Don't let people take your joy..as I have said before, people will be jealous and even some will be nervous about how you are changing. Its our job to remain humble, but proud of OUR hard work. That's right, people can say this is the easy way out, but its the hardest thing I have EVER done!
Keep up the good work!!

Very well said and agree, everything is easy for the people who don't have to do it. I am often tempted to reply those people with something like, "I maybe fat, but I can lose my weight and change, now matter how much you weigh you are still a jerk!" But I don't as it is not the person I want to be, but if often goes through my mind.

1 minute ago, BigUtahMan said:

Very well said and agree, everything is easy for the people who don't have to do it. I am often tempted to reply those people with something like, "I maybe fat, but I can lose my weight and change, now matter how much you weigh you are still a jerk!" But I don't as it is not the person I want to be, but if often goes through my mind.

It goes through all of our minds..LOL. I have a very loose mouth myself, but lately I have really prayed on being more silent to dumbass people. They are ignorant, and me flipping out on them and ruining my day isn't going to change that at all!!! So now if someone said I took the easy route, I would just smile and shrug my shoulders. Why? Because usually this is the same person who wish they were in our shoes. I don't have time for ignorance..from friends or family. Think and do what you want.

A colleague said how good I looked yesterday. Naturally, I managed to make it awkward with my response.

Usually it's not us. Sometimes it is (or if not us, definitely me).

Keep up the good work!!

Love your positive attitude!

Getting good feedback is awesome and it will start happening. People these days want to be careful about. Among comments about weight because they don't want to wrap an compliment into an insult. I'm sure they notice they are just trying to be polite.

Be proud of yourself and own your hotness. People notice when you smile, have more energy and love, and send positive energy outward. That's what matters most.

Maybe, just maybe, have you considered that everyone thought you were just fine before and loved you just as much? Cause I bet they did.

I have not told anyone I got sleeve , but my boyfriend and two friends that also got sleeve. This is a working progress especially when I keep hitting these stalls. 4 months post op 39 lbs lost.

I'm glad you posted. I have lost 34 lbs and 2 1/2 mos out, sleeved 1/10. I felt like it was slow cuz if stalls. So many others seem to be losing it so much faster.

I was tooting my own horn recently, you should try it. [emoji4]. I recently hit my 100 lb lost (since 2012 tracking food-- 70 lbs and 30 since vsg). I FINALLY had one of my customers say wow, you've lost some weight. It's about time someone noticed. Truth be told, who cares what they think.... I feel good. Like you I have a ways to go. I'm at 230. Love how you feel