Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone. I was here few years back, but made a new account. I applicated for the surgery 4 years ago through the insurance, that was the only way to go at the time. To be able to have it, one would have to go to a obesity rehab clinic that had a 1 year waiting list, after that time it would be a minimum of 1.5 year treatment until I could have the surgery. And no guerantees, they have all the control and can drag it out for as long as they like or refuse all together.

Anyway after 1 year of waiting to get in, I finally got the letter. I was so happy holding the letter, finally it was here. Then I opened to see when I could come in for a pre-interview and me heart sank, what a disappoinment. It was a letter to tell me that they had removed everyone off the waiting list and said everyone have to re-apply, that would mean time to wait for appointment at the GP and then for the letter from him to arrive and then I would get on the list again and because I have no obesity related issues like diabetes I was put last on the list. Because it is based on who needs it first not who applicated first. Another year passed.

Then it was 2 years when the lettter finally arrived again and started my outpatient treatment, and I was doing great. After about a 6 months I got approved for my first inpatient 4 week program, need do that a few times during the treatment. But then I got two unplanned blue lines, if you know what I mean. And had to drop out of the program, now my baby is 17 months old. And I had kinda given up on every having the surgery ever. Because I would be put last on the list again if I would.

Then last week I found out a obisety surgeons clinic has opened that does not require going throu the rehab clinic, only the insurance does not pay one cent there. But I made an appoinment for an interview with the surgeon faster than I could say gastric bypass. :) I had that interview yesterday, the surgeon was awesome. He'll do the surgery as soon as I give him the green light. Only problem is financing it, I had calculated I could with a stretch gather maybe 9thousand dollars. But turns out it costs about 3thousand dollars more, in total 12 thousand.

I am not the sentimental type, I rarely cry. I don't cry over romantic scenes in movies, The Notebook did nothing for me. And even though I believe in God, I rarely pray to God. I usually just pray to my ancestors and my grandfather in particular. I just feel like I should not be bothering the Big Boss with such small potatoes, call me crazy it just how I feel :). But today I put my hands together and prayed to God, I prayed so hard for a help with the rest of the money. And was hardly started when tears started flowing, and I just sat there crying begging God to help me to have the surgery.

Well anyways this is my story so far... If I can resolve this, my surgery wil probably be in june :) I hope I can, I have waited ENOUGH!

Good luck! You've been down quite a road already!

On 3/22/2017 at 3:32 PM, ReneK said:

Good luck! You've been down quite a road already!

Thank you so much. :) Good news, my prayers have been answered. Shortly after I was talking to my mother and she said her and my father were willing to support me by lending me the money for the rest. And not only that, my surgeon contacted me and asked if I was ready to have the surgery june 13th. And another problem also got fixed out of the blue and just all my problems vanished like morningdew in the hot sun. So looks like I am going in june 13th :) I´ll probably start my program around 1. may and pre-op diet 3 weeks before the surgery. I am so exitec and happy, it is finally happening :D

On 8/2/2017 at 8:28 AM, VixianRyia said:

How are things going

Hi things are going fantastic, I am down 51lbs since I started pre-op diet and 36lbs since surgery 7.5 weeks ago.

Hi things are going fantastic, I am down 51lbs since I started pre-op diet and 36lbs since surgery 7.5 weeks ago.

That's awesome. I'm struggling to even get things in gear towards getting a date for mine.

19 minutes ago, VixianRyia said:

That's awesome. I'm struggling to even get things in gear towards getting a date for mine.

I wish you all the best and hope you get one soon.

19 hours ago, VixianRyia said:

Make sure to share some pics

I will :)