Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 years out and dealing with regain

Hello! Im not really sure just how this app works yet but here goes nothing:

I'm about 3/.5 years out of gastric bypass surgery and overall, I had lost about 100 pounds, I was finally down to a healthy weight and was happy with my body for the first time ever. However, over the last year/year and a half, I've gained back about 30 pounds and I'm afraid I will continue to gain. I've tried to put myself back on the liquid diet, but have failed multiple times. Does anyone have any advice on ways that I could kick start my weight loss again? Please help! I have no support groups nearby, I'm fighting this battle alone.

Kylie

I had the sleeve done, but have found myself in the same boat. The good thing is that you have reached out for help, and you should be very proud. That's hard in itself! I think one of the biggest things is accountability. You were able to admit that you are struggling, and that you want help.

The biggest thing is remembering how you felt when you were at your heaviest, and where you were at when you decided to have the surgery. The last thing you want is to end up back in that boat, because then what is there left to do? Just stay strong, this are the things I am telling myself at least.

I had the sleeve done, but have found myself in the same boat. The good thing is that you have reached out for help, and you should be very proud. That's hard in itself! I think one of the biggest things is accountability. You were able to admit that you are struggling, and that you want help.
The biggest thing is remembering how you felt when you were at your heaviest, and where you were at when you decided to have the surgery. The last thing you want is to end up back in that boat, because then what is there left to do? Just stay strong, this are the things I am telling myself at least.

Thank you so much for that, I needed it.
It haunts me all the time [emoji17]

pouch reset? Start eating 6, 2OZ meals. I also have the dietary guidelines I followed post-surgery. Let me know if you would like them. I just made it to my 1st year post-op and have lost a total of 144LBS. You got this! You can do this! ️ God bless you!

Don't forget your Vitamin intake! Very important!

Pouch reset? Start eating 6, 2OZ meals. I also have the dietary guidelines I followed post-surgery. Let me know if you would like them. I just made it to my 1st year post-op and have lost a total of 144LBS. You got this! You can do this! [emoji1317][emoji173]️ God bless you!

Thank you so much! I'd love to look at your guidelines! [emoji4]

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:47 AM, Iscarelys said:

pouch reset? Start eating 6, 2OZ meals. I also have the dietary guidelines I followed post-surgery. Let me know if you would like them. I just made it to my 1st year post-op and have lost a total of 144LBS. You got this! You can do this! emoji1317.pngemoji173.png️ God bless you!

I would also love to look at and go by your dietary guidelines. I had gastric bypass in 2002. My surgeon was new and I was like the 6th 1 he done. As he put it we would learn together...that is no longer a option and at this moment I really need help with getting back on track. I also was told this week that diet pop was a big NO...he let us have it after 6 months out. Any and all help and advice is so greatly needed and appreciated. Thank you all. I feel like a failure because I have gained some of my weight back also.

I am on this Facebook page which is very helpful! They call it 5 days pouch reset and they go back to beginning! Day 1- liquid Liquid Protein drink, day 2- smoothie Protein day 3- purée protein 4- soft protein like eggs, ground turkey, 5- normal protein meal! Just go back to your post surgery rules, drink at least 64 oz Water, take your Vitamins, keep your carb below 50 gr per day! You will start to lose! And you can repeat as many times as you wish! They start this challenge every Monday for 5 days! Then many restart the next Monday again! Cut sugar, carb and fat and Focus on your protein! I am post op for 2 years and stopped losing at around 16 months out and was plateaued for couple of months! Just started this reset thing 2 weeks ago and after almost 6 months start to lose and 5,5 lb down in 10 days!