Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't think you should calculate your success by some arbitrary number set by your doctor. Each person loses at their own pace. Keep tracking your food and measuring your portions, exercising, and taking it one day at a time, hell even one meal at a time. Do not give up or slip back into bad habits or you will be right back where you started! Do you remember how miserable and unhappy you felt before surgery? You have come this far, made a huge sacrifice to better your life, keep the commitment and eventually you will achieve success.

Sent from my KFFOWI using the BariatricPal App

15 hours ago, Samara1974 said:

It may be contrary but it has worked for me (lost 140lbs and only two stalls) 11lbs away from goal at 13 months post surgery.

13 months? lol, that's not the success of the calorie variance day by day. That is the definition of the honeymoon phase.

15 hours ago, Samara1974 said:

lowest calorie days are 800 and my highest are 1600 (max calories for my goal weight).

Higher calorie days also correspond with workout days.

So you are eating more on the days that you expend more energy? I don't think the key of your weight loss is the "no two days with the same amount of calories" thing, I'm betting you are just fueling your activities at the appropriate levels.

Seriously though, I'm glad that whatever you are doing is working for you.Too many times people are complaining they haven't goal but are still eating Ho-Ho'sand Ding-Dong's. I don't care if a person comes up with a eating habit of pickled pigs feet and veggimite, if they are getting healthy and maintaining, more power to them.

Maybe try varying a little of your work out. And agree with the advice, truly a fantastic way to see the big picture.

Focus on Whole Foods--whole grain for anything grain related, lean Protein, vegetables and a little fruit. With high quality food, you can increase calories to 1000-1200. Daily movement is key. Strength training 3 x per week is like magic. This works, don't lose momentum.

I was eating to few calories in a day. I was stalled for awhile and gaining and loosing the same pound over and over. I called my NUT who told me to up my calories, lost 5 pounds the next week and have been loosing 2-3 steady since. According to my NUT, getting above 1,000 calories per day as soon as possible is the goal. I'm currently 13 wks and average 900-1000 calories a day. I've lost 41 pounds in 3 months.

The goal weight/April expectation was set by the Dr & Nutritionist.
*nods* Im going to talk to the Dietitian about upping my calories..see if it helps. I haven't figured my calories for my goal weight but Illl look into that.
I truly am happy with what I've done so far..just discouraged for the most part and confused when ive been doing what I was told to do.
Thanks for the suggestions! [emoji4]

Excellent advice. Read about ADF (Alternate Day Fasting) and Intermittent Fasting. There is tremendous research about EXTENDING LIFE EXPECTANCY as well as losing weight. It has nothing to do with fad diets. It's about living longer and healthier. A great start is a documentary called Eat Fast Live Longer