Help! Redness on abdomen

9 posts in this topic

Had surgery 3/14 redness around incisions, they're warm to touch. Have bad pain in the upper left part of my abdomen, internallyIMG_0610.thumb.JPG.36060f8ec3d3a60dc0fc07766d6415aa.JPG. Can't get comfortable no matter what I do. Haven't slept much at all.

Call your doctor this morning to be on the safe side. Warmness is typically a sign of a potential infection so not something to mess with. A phone call is never going to hurt to the doc to get their opinion.

3 people like this

Call your doctor this morning to be on the safe side. Warmness is typically a sign of a potential infection so not something to mess with. A phone call is never going to hurt to the doc to get their opinion.

I called and left a message also paged him

1 person likes this

Please call and see your primary and surgeon please

1 person likes this

My hole stomach turned red and was hot to the touch turns out I had a allergic reaction to what they scrub before surgery. I am 4 weeks and still red my skin got burnt not hot anymore though

My hole stomach turned red and was hot to the touch turns out I had a allergic reaction to what they scrub before surgery. I am 4 weeks and still red my skin got burnt not hot anymore though

I'm allergic to latex tape. Don't know if that could be a possibility for you.
Hope you learn what's wrong and get better soon!

It could be an infection or allergic reaction, OR just the fact that you had major surgery. Hang in there!

So did you call your doctor and get a response? One of my incisions was infected at it looked very much like the one on your left. It too was very warm.