Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't like the way I feel

I was sleeved 3/15, home from hospital on 3/17. Surgery went well no complications. Since friday I have felt this morning sickness type discomfort. I was on 3 different anti nausea meds in hospital, never vomited but heaved a few times. Haven't taken any prescribed zofran yet because I wanted to really feel what I really feel like post-op. If that makes sense. Anyway, the feeling is terrible any moms out there relate? I feel like I'm 12 weeks pregnant minus the fatigue. I haven't felt the urge to vomit just existing with this nauseated unwell feeling. Ive been meeting/exceeding my Water and Protein requirements. I used to be a savory craver but I can't stomach the thought of having anything except my Protein Shakes or something slightly sweet. Just like when I was pregnant. Will this get better? I'm so depressed.

I was sleeved 3/15, home from hospital on 3/17. Surgery went well no complications. Since friday I have felt this morning sickness type discomfort. I was on 3 different anti nausea meds in hospital, never vomited but heaved a few times. Haven't taken any prescribed zofran yet because I wanted to really feel what I really feel like post-op. If that makes sense. Anyway, the feeling is terrible any moms out there relate? I feel like I'm 12 weeks pregnant minus the fatigue. I haven't felt the urge to vomit just existing with this nauseated unwell feeling. Ive been meeting/exceeding my Water and Protein requirements. I used to be a savory craver but I can't stomach the thought of having anything except my Protein  shakes or something slightly sweet. Just like when I was pregnant. Will this get better? I'm so depressed.

Have you been walking sounds like gas

Thanks for the reply. I have been walking, I don't feel any gas rumbles and when I do it comes right out. Its just that gnawing sick feeling I'm having a hard time coping with.

Could be from anesthesia. I had many surgeries and anesthesia made me nauseated for several days.
Before I went in for surgery I told the anesthesiologist to give me something for nausea. He did. I had no vomiting or nausea at all and I am 9 days post op.

I'm just a few days ahead of you (3/6) and felt quite "off" with that unwell feeling .... until yesterday morning when I woke up and as I got moving I realized I felt more like my old self than not! I didn't set the world on fire but I actually looked forward to thinking about my 6 mini meals. I have forced myself to eat 4 times a day although I knew it was supposed to be 6. I just could not. I'm also resting every afternoon which is 1000% not my style but seems to be helping my recovery. I am 58 and generally only nap once every other month. Hang in there!

You just had major surgery. You're going to feel off for a while.

I didn't feel human again until about 5 weeks post op. Patience.

Could be from anesthesia. I had many surgeries and anesthesia made me nauseated for several days.
Before I went in for surgery I told the anesthesiologist to give me something for nausea. He did. I had no vomiting or nausea at all and I am 9 days post op.

I had severe nausea with my initial WLS and I'm praying with my revision it's much better. Hoping during my anesthesia pre op they come up with a plan to combat the nausea for me too. That was hell!!

There is power in the struggle. Nothing worth having has ever come easy. Embrace the journey!!

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone seem extra sensitive to smells too? It seems like everyones breath smells like an ill combo of garlic and booze. Lol. This is exactly how I was in my 1st trimester. I swear I'm not pregnant! The wls totally triggered this, I just think its such a weird phenomenon. Am I alone? I also can't stand sugar free taste so it seems like I have a long road of hell in front of me :(

I thought it was just me with my new highly refined sense of smell. The first time I went shopping near a restaurant row I swear I could smell every single spice used in their kitchens. I was a block away. Then my son, home on spring break, came home 4 hours after eating with friends and I could tell him what he had to eat as if the spices were emanating from his pores. It's been crazy. I've noticed it primarily with foods, not so much nature lol.

I had my sleeve on 3/16 and I feel useless. I feel like all I have done is sit around the house since the surgery. I get out and walk and have actually cooked a couple meals for my family, but I feel lost. I have a weird sick feeling in my stomach. I'm trying so hard to be positive, but it's just not happening right now.

I had my sleeve on 3/16 and I feel useless. I feel like all I have done is sit around the house since the surgery. I get out and walk and have actually cooked a couple meals for my family, but I feel lost. I have a weird sick feeling in my stomach. I'm trying so hard to be positive, but it's just not happening right now.

I'm right there with you. Its scary to think this may be long lasting in some way. I have to go back to work next week and will have a hard time performing my job duties if I continue to feel this way. Thats a good sign if you are walking and cooking though. The other poster might be right that we just need patience.

I thought it was just me with my new highly refined sense of smell. The first time I went shopping near a restaurant row I swear I could smell every single spice used in their kitchens. I was a block away. Then my son, home on spring break, came home 4 hours after eating with friends and I could tell him what he had to eat as if the spices were emanating from his pores. It's been crazy. I've noticed it primarily with foods, not so much nature lol.

Yes this!! Smells are reeking out of pores! Gross smells too. I was telling my mom one of the nurses who cared for me must be drunk! Why can't I be sensitive to smelling fresh flowers or pine or grass or clean crisp air? Lol

I smell strange smells and tastes. Very inconsistent but something triggers them but I have not figured it out. Had the metal taste out if no where yesterday.

I smell strange smells and tastes. Very inconsistent but something triggers them but I have not figured it out. Had the metal taste out if no where yesterday.

Figuring that 2/3 of your stomach juices are now not working, it makes sense that many of the body hormones are a bit alternated in the way they we work.