Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Very new and trying to learn

Hello. Im 26 and a mom. I currently weigh 352 and I'm starting this journey towards gastric bypass and I have met with a dietitian. She submitted the paper march 2. But aside from the 2 week before and the two week after diets, I really don't know what all I need to do to be approved. I also known there is a pysch eval and a Class. But what else?

Congratulation on your decision Vivian, what a great reason too to take the steps to a healthy lifestyle (your kid (s))!

Depending on your insurance, it could be anywhere from 3-6months of pre work. There is the nutritionist, psych, possibly exercise coach. There will also be some testing (swallow, lungs and regular blood work.).

Use the time to really prepare for the lifestyle change. Begin to start changing your habits now to better support you once surgery has passed. Start with these small changes in everything (being more active, starting to find healthy food choices, getting in more Protein every day...) but DON'T TRY TO DO IT ALL AT ONCE. You may get frustrated and discouraged. Take things slow, get used to the changes and it will be a much easier change.

I had about 8 months from the initial decision to my surgery and was given similar advise. Probably the best I had and glad I did it. The time will fly by, before you know it, we'll be welcoming you to the losers bench! Good luck on your journey, looking forward to hearing about your progress!

Congratulation on your decision Vivian, what a great reason too to take the steps to a healthy lifestyle (your kid (s))!

Depending on your insurance, it could be anywhere from 3-6months of pre work. There is the nutritionist, psych, possibly exercise coach. There will also be some testing (swallow, lungs and regular blood work.).

Use the time to really prepare for the lifestyle change. Begin to start changing your habits now to better support you once surgery has passed. Start with these small changes in everything (being more active, starting to find healthy food choices, getting in more Protein every day...) but DON'T TRY TO DO IT ALL AT ONCE. You may get frustrated and discouraged. Take things slow, get used to the changes and it will be a much easier change.

I had about 8 months from the initial decision to my surgery and was given similar advise. Probably the best I had and glad I did it. The time will fly by, before you know it, we'll be welcoming you to the losers bench! Good luck on your journey, looking forward to hearing about your progress!

Thank you for taking time to respond to me. My son is very important to me and it a very big reason I'm wanting to get healthier.

So far I'm on a diet of 1400-1500 calories, high Fiber diet and Protein diet. She said it will be 6 months from the time she submitted the paper work. Currently I try to stay about 1400.

My insurance is Medi-cal/IEHP. I also know a lot of my family is afraid of me having the surgery. I'm scared but I'm very much set on getting it.

Last night I made the mistake of eating too much after about two weeks of good eating and my stomach told me I made a mistake big time. So I've made a promise to myself to never go to any 'all you can eat' things ever again.

That's great! There will be tough days ahead, and at times you will feel discouraged, but remember...this is a lifestyle change for the better! It didn't take us overnight to gain the weight, and it will take a lot of patience to lose it, and a strong will commitment and support to keep it off; but we are here to help support along your journey!

Have you started using any apps for tracking? Myfitnesspal is a great app if you are looking for something. Also, Fitbit is another great little tool to help keep you moving too.

If you want, friend me on fitbit to join me and other sleevers who keep each other motivated and challenged. My email is vban@charter.net.

Thank you! I added you. Mine is Vixian@icloud.com

Iam new to this as well and today I took my psych evail for the gastric bypass a little nervous considering I have bipolar

Awesome. What kind of things did they ask?

Well there a multi questionnaire and then it was evualtion itself n that one was kinda not easy especially with my medical records they as about ur family who u live with how long u be on meds they ask if I can letter from my doctor if he thinks I'm mentally suitable for it ....so I'm just waiting until I get my medical records n that note