Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I disabled my VPN (PIA), removed it from hosts, and it worked again. Seems my VPN is blocking it too. That also includes the subforum issue. Definitely a googletagservices issue.

I'm thinking googletagservices isn't very popular. After doing a quick skim about the cross-site tracking and privacy issues, I can see why it might be unpopular.

Edit: For both tablet and phone using Chrome for Android the hosts file also was blocking it, so too was VPN.

Edit2: Now that I think about it, doesn't explain why it worked fine via Firefox and IE regardless of my hosts/VPN.

Edited by PatientEleventyBillion

So to reiterate.. for me the loading issue seems to target:

- Chrome (not counting other experiences that suggest diff OS and browsers)

- googletagservices.com

- Pagination (pagination within subforums, pagination within threads)

Exceptions:

- Firefox worked fine for me

- IE worked fine for me

- Loading bug did not occur when viewing a subforum and clicking on a specific topic's pages (eg browsing subforum list -> click topic "blah blah" page 6).. it directed to that page fine

I hope this is helpful and not even more confusing. :(

Edited by PatientEleventyBillion

So to reiterate.. for me the loading issue seems to target:
- Chrome (not counting other experiences that suggest diff OS and browsers)
- googletagservices.com
- Pagination (pagination within subforums, pagination within threads)
Exceptions:
- Firefox worked fine for me
- IE worked fine for me
- Loading bug did not occur when viewing a subforum and clicking on a specific topic's pages (eg browsing subforum list -> click topic "blah blah" page 6).. it directed to that page fine
I hope this is helpful and not even more confusing. [emoji20]

You've been extremely helpful :-). If you put things back to the way they were before, blocking googletagservices, does it work properly now?

14 minutes ago, Ken S. said:

You've been extremely helpful :-). If you put things back to the way they were before, blocking googletagservices, does it work properly now?

- Put hosts back to block on googletagservices.com - (no bug), page changed fine

- Turned on VPN - (no bug), page changed fine

- Tested both within topics and within subforums, within topic changed page fine, no loading screen.. within subforums page changed as before but "loading"+foreground got out of the way so it was normal

So far so good I think. :)

Just need feedback from others.. hope it's positive.

12 hours ago, PatientEleventyBillion said:

So two more things:

1) When I tried clicking on Page 5 from Page 4 it gave me that error @orionburnmentioned earlier. (I get these anywhere between 5-15 times a day, might be something completely unrelated)

lxOT4rp.png

2) When browsing a subforum, and trying to change pages to list older threads in that subforum, it does the same permanent "loading" thing, except in the background I can see it actually changing the page, i.e. showing relevant threads, who posted, what day, etc.. For some reason it seems like a foreground script is wanting to stick around. (I'm not a programmer so trying my best to explain in laymans terms ;) )

Yep, that's the error I'd get from time to time. There was one day last week where it wouldn't load for the first few hours in the morning. This was on my desktop using Chrome as well (no installed extensions or ad blockers). Tried the site on my phone and it loaded fine. I eventually restarted my computer and the site was accessible then. In the past I would get the Bad Gateway message and it the page would stay there. As of late if I get it then it only displays for maybe 2-3 seconds and then the page loads correctly. I have not had any issues with other pages not loading like the others have spoken of.