Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Once you have surgery it won't seem like a little food. It will be a lot or just enough.

The amount of time you can only eat a little food is very short. I am 20 months post op and if you saw me eating out you would not know I had surgery. That doesn't mean I eat a lot, but I do not eat very little.

If your main concern is how much food you will or will not be able to eat, you are not ready for surgery yet.

Yes, i will need to think about it again.. thank you! :)

I just had surgery on wedn and was just complaining about the constant morning sickness feeling I have. But do I regret doing it? No way! I had to do something drastic to my body to forever change my relationship with food. When I was pregant with my first child I felt relieved for the first time in 25 yrs of the constraints of food addiction. I ate clean, I ate healthfully, I ate normal portions at normal times. It was either the hormones and/or the fact that I now had the responsibility of growing a healthy baby and would do everything in my power to make that happen. I knew I needed the sleeve to force myself into caring for myself again. I couldn't just snap into that mindset on my own. Knowing I have this teeny stomach and can only get so much nutrients from the little food I can eat is enough motivation for me to do this. Even though I was a "healthy" fat person, if I continued on my destructive path I would have done just that, destroyed my body to the point of getting diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer, whatever. I couldn't let that happen so I took it day by day. Said goodbye to my favorite "drugs" one by one, some a few more times than others. But I took note of how I felt after the gorging and knew it was unsustainable if I wanted to be healthy and be around for my family. Now I'm looking forward to actually enjoying the summer and being OUTSIDE with my kids instead of feeling too hot and lethargic in the heat because of my weight. I wish you all the best whatever decision you think is right for you.

For me it was food or Die!! trust you can find other thing that will make you happy like food can once you can get out and really live. words from a hood dude.

I just had surgery on wedn and was just complaining about the constant morning sickness feeling I have. But do I regret doing it? No way! I had to do something drastic to my body to forever change my relationship with food. When I was pregant with my first child I felt relieved for the first time in 25 yrs of the constraints of food addiction. I ate clean, I ate healthfully, I ate normal portions at normal times. It was either the hormones and/or the fact that I now had the responsibility of growing a healthy baby and would do everything in my power to make that happen. I knew I needed the sleeve to force myself into caring for myself again. I couldn't just snap into that mindset on my own. Knowing I have this teeny stomach and can only get so much nutrients from the little food I can eat is enough motivation for me to do this. Even though I was a "healthy" fat person, if I continued on my destructive path I would have done just that, destroyed my body to the point of getting diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer, whatever. I couldn't let that happen so I took it day by day. Said goodbye to my favorite "drugs" one by one, some a few more times than others. But I took note of how I felt after the gorging and knew it was unsustainable if I wanted to be healthy and be around for my family. Now I'm looking forward to actually enjoying the summer and being OUTSIDE with my kids instead of feeling too hot and lethargic in the heat because of my weight. I wish you all the best whatever decision you think is right for you.

Thank you! Wish u the best for u and ur family too! :)

For me it was food or Die!! trust you can find other thing that will make you happy like food can once you can get out and really live. words from a hood dude.

I hope i can find something that i like too other than food :)

when you start to drop and your energy level goes up you will find plenty of things. for me the Sex was so much better so sex replaced my love for food

I'm just super excited to be able to walk the strip at the beach and not suffer from back pain and low energy! This will be the first summer in 6 years that i will be a healthy weight and I am so excited :)

No regrets!! I have awakened my true self. The person I was and the RNY was the tool that has changed my life.

Things will change, but life is full of changes. Healthy change is a blessing.

Just wait until you can do the intimidating machines in the gym. For me this is the step mill in the gym. If been using it for 1 Month and I now hate the elliptical.

Review the accommodations you make in your life today. For me I always looked at the chairs, 2 airline seats, picky with car rentals, personal hygiene was more challenging. Seriously look at every aspect of your life.

I'm just super excited to be able to walk the strip at the beach and not suffer from back pain and low energy! This will be the first summer in 6 years that i will be a healthy weight and I am so excited [emoji4]

Congratulations gal! Happy for u! :)

No regrets!! I have awakened my true self. The person I was and the RNY was the tool that has changed my life.

Things will change, but life is full of changes. Healthy change is a blessing.

Just wait until you can do the intimidating machines in the gym. For me this is the step mill in the gym. If been using it for 1 Month and I now hate the elliptical.

Review the accommodations you make in your life today. For me I always looked at the chairs, 2 airline seats, picky with car rentals, personal hygiene was more challenging. Seriously look at every aspect of your life.

Thanks for sharing :)