Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

There are a lot of factors that can affect your weight loss- including your weight prior to surgery. 46 lbs is pretty good in my opinion- have you ever lost 46 lbs in 4 months? Plus you have a tool that will help you to keep it off. Good luck!

Hi I am about 5 weeks post-opt. My weight loss was doing good and then stalled. I had to pay better attention to labels. Sugar, carbs! Limit them as much as possible. Our bodies have so much to rid itself of already. Make sure to get your Protein in & your required calories. Eating often small meals and drinking your Water.

I've lost almost exactly as much as you and I'm almost 5 months out. It's very discouraging, especially when I see others lose 60-80 pounds at this point. I just have to keep reminding myself that at least I lost something and didn't gain it.

I was slow as molasses. I lost 100% of my excess weight, though (230 lbs). I did it by sticking to my plan 99% of the time. Your rate of weight loss has little to no bearing on your ultimate success. I am a prime example. So don't worry about how fast or slow you are - just be committed to your plan.

I had my bypass on Mar 9th I went to doctor on Mar 20th, I had only lost 16 lb since surgery. Isn't that slow. What could be the problem. Its hard getting down all that Water and Protein. I'm wondering am I consuming enough liquids. My doctor say it's good.

I lost 16 lbs the entire first month. You've lost it in 11 days. You are far ahead of the game.

I've been on this and other boards for a L-O-N-G time. From what I can tell, most people lose in the 15-25 lb range the first month (a few lose less, a few lose more, but I would say most fall into this range). You are right where you need to be.

Thank you, I just stay in so much pain between my back and my front side of my stomach. Could not having bowl movements be some of the cause.

I would say that's definitely the cause of your pain. You should talk to your doctor asap about it. I use Miralax every other day, and that keeps things moving. Plus, you may have heard jokes about a squatty potty- but google it and see the youtube video. I didn't buy the brand name one, but I did get a couple little folding stools that I keep in each bathroom and it really helps. Be careful.... people get tears and hemorrhoids after weight-loss surgery from being constipated.