Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Curious about rate of weight loss

Hi.

First I need to know if you had a full DS or a SIPS/SADI?

I have no idea what that is?? I had the RNY. Never heard of sips,. Anyways thats what i had.. the bypass

13 hours ago, toughcookie said:

I have no idea what that is?? I had the RNY. Never heard of sips,. Anyways thats what i had.. the bypass

Sorry. Should have specified I was asking @Lawyeress

I am 5 weeks post op and have lost 30 pounds. I was 220 when I started this journey. I haven't cheated once. I am currently on purée/soft foods. And most importantly, I walk for a bit each day.

On 3/12/2017 at 0:58 PM, Lawyeress said:

Hi! First post here. Next Thursday will be exactly 4 mos from my DS surgery date. Since that date I have lost 46 pounds from my SW of 261.4. While that is more than I have been able to do on my own, I feel like I am not losing at the same percentage/rate that many WLS patients who are members on my surgeon's face book page--and they had surgeries that typically lose less than DS! (shoutout I the other Rex in Raleigh patients, woot woot). Some had their surgery around my date and weighed very close to me and already have busted the 100 club wide open. I'm exceedingly happy for them, but it makes me feel like my surgery is not as successful and fuels the fear that I will still be a fat girl after all of this. Hitting my goals 95% of the time so I feel confident in that. I've made so many positive changes and yes I have had a bite of pizza or a Coke once or twice, but it's not the norm for me by a long shot and mainly I just had them to see how they affected me (no effect whatsoever). In any event one Coke in 6 months is not going to reduce my comparative percentage loss that much. Ok so I have poured out my soul, what have y'all experienced in terms of rate of weight loss? Please don't tell me everyone is different, I know that, but I also know that many others lose at rate higher than mine...in fact, everyone that I have ever met at has had the surgery has lost at a higher rate than me. I'm getting discouraged...

Hello, I'm from north of Raleigh. I'm also 54 years old and hopefully will have the surgery soon at Rex withDr Ng from Rex Surgical Group. I'm so never.

Hi! First post here. Next Thursday will be exactly 4 mos from my DS surgery date. Since that date I have lost 46 pounds from my SW of 261.4. While that is more than I have been able to do on my own, I feel like I am not losing at the same percentage/rate that many WLS patients who are members on my surgeon's face book page--and they had surgeries that typically lose less than DS! (shoutout I the other Rex in Raleigh patients, woot woot). Some had their surgery around my date and weighed very close to me and already have busted the 100 club wide open. I'm exceedingly happy for them, but it makes me feel like my surgery is not as successful and fuels the fear that I will still be a fat girl after all of this. Hitting my goals 95% of the time so I feel confident in that. I've made so many positive changes and yes I have had a bite of pizza or a Coke once or twice, but it's not the norm for me by a long shot and mainly I just had them to see how they affected me (no effect whatsoever). In any event one Coke in 6 months is not going to reduce my comparative percentage loss that much. Ok so I have poured out my soul, what have y'all experienced in terms of rate of weight loss? Please don't tell me everyone is different, I know that, but I also know that many others lose at rate higher than mine...in fact, everyone that I have ever met at has had the surgery has lost at a higher rate than me. I'm getting discouraged...

Hello, I'm from north of Raleigh. I'm also 54 years old and hopefully will have the surgery soon at Rex withDr Ng from Rex Surgical Group. I'm so never.

You are doing great. If the scales were going the oppisite way then you can be concerned. I didn't have the Sleeve so I'm not exactly sure of what is the norm. I had my RNY July 2, 2013. I went below my goal weight in 6 months. I did gain 8#'s back. Here are my STATS: HW 249 SW 232 LW 117 CW 125#'s. So I have maintained my weight for 3 years. I am 60yo too. I walk 4 miles 3 to 4 times per week. Exercise is what I feel saves my bacon. LOL Good Luck in your Journey!!

Just wanted to follow up. Someone asked what kind of DS I had, I remember Dr. Sharp saying he was modifying mine for a little more absorption. Maybe that's why it is slower. Update: I weighed 209 this morning. I weighed 261 on date of surgery after a week on the liquid diet. I do really well at following the program and meet with a personal trainer twice a week and do cardio 5x a week. The highest I weighed was 272. My surgery was in November so I am coming up on my 5 month surgerversary In about 3 weeks. Meaning I've only lost 52 pounds. I guess what started this thread is that I saw on the FB group of people losing nearly 100 pounds by this time who weighed around the same as me to start off. It's disappointing and soon once the honeymoon phase ends, losing enough weight to justify the surgery is looking dim.

Just wanted to follow up. Someone asked what kind of DS I had, I remember Dr. Sharp saying he was modifying mine for a little more absorption. Maybe that's why it is slower. Update: I weighed 209 this morning. I weighed 261 on date of surgery after a week on the liquid diet. I do really well at following the program and meet with a personal trainer twice a week and do cardio 5x a week. The highest I weighed was 272. My surgery was in November so I am coming up on my 5 month surgerversary In about 3 weeks. Meaning I've only lost 52 pounds. I guess what started this thread is that I saw on the FB group of people losing nearly 100 pounds by this time who weighed around the same as me to start off. It's disappointing and soon once the honeymoon phase ends, losing enough weight to justify the surgery is looking dim.

Every person is different. We are running about the same I was 292 hw 251 sw October 3rd 201 today up 1 1/2 lbs sigh. I think it depends on so many factors per person. I have pcos, even with a partial hysterectomy still have hormonal issues. As long as scale keeps moving south. Right now I'm up and down between 201-199 for a couple weeks. Changing things up trying to get it moving below 199

I had the gastric sleeve done on 8/31/16, so tomorrow I will be 7 months out. I have lost 100 pounds exactly. Hope that helps, but let me know if you need any other info. Thanks!

16 hours ago, ready_to_be_thin said:

have lost 100 pounds exactly. Hope that helps, but let me know if you need any other info. Thanks!

I realize every person is different, and I should follow my doctor's advice but I would love to know if you count calories, what your percentages of carbs, Protein, fat are or any other advice you would like to share. Thank you in advance.

I had surgery 3/2/2017.

2/8/2017 I weighed in at 284.

My Pre-op started 2/23/17.

Today I weigh 248.

I currently consume anywhere from 450 - 650 calories per day. I log on myfitnesspal to track my Protein mainly. I aim for 75 grams of protein per day. I don't always make it. My average protein is 50 to 75 grams per day. I still struggle to drink the 64 oz of Water per day too.