Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 2 months post op and everything is going very well, today's weighting showed -20kg and I'm really happy. Now I was wondering, before surgery I loved a Soup with some Pasta or rice and some meat. I was wondering if I could still do this instead of a meal from time to time? Like some chunky soup and then add some shredded chicken. It will still have the Protein I need, but it will have liquid and solids at the same time so I'm not sure...

After weeks six you can start eating real food but his does not mean you get to eat whatever you want. A diet consisting of Protein, vegetables, a limited amount of grains, and very little, if any, refined sugars should be followed....Soups are just perfect

Soup will do fine but I would avoid the Pasta and rice. After my RNY gastric bypass surgery I found that softer foods (such as chili and soups) went down much easier than harder foods (such as steaks). So I made my own meals from scratch and fortified them with extra Protein. I have included some of the recipes at the end of the following article. http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery.pdf

I would steer clear of pastas if at all possible. Pastas are one of those "slider foods" where you can eat more of than you realize, and there's little benefit nutritionally. Especially now, while you can only eat such small amounts, I would stick to those foods that "feed you" nutritionally, like lean Proteins and veggies. You can make some great Soups with those two ingredients :)

Soup is just going to be a slider. Adding meat to it is going to moisten the meat to the point it won't sit in your stomach that long.

At 2 months you still have a lot of restriction so it won't be an issue. Long term you will be able to eat endless amounts of soup and most Soups are high in calories and carbs depending on the soup base.

Soup is a waste of time and calories imo. You'll be hungry again in an hour.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

Thanks for all the awnsers, I wasnt going to add the Pasta or rice now since it would fill me up way to fast. Made pumpkin/bellpeper/carrot Soup and added some shredded chicken. For now it fills me up really well and it's the first time I don't feel unwell after eating a hot meal. Not that I get really sick or something after eating. But every bite makes my stomach upset so

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HUAWEI CRR-L09 met Tapatalk

I'm been eat Soup after my surgery but I'm still on recovering two months later since January but its too much soup for me and I will eat more later if hungry more..